Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La Madeleine

Default La Madeleine

Saw this in the Real Estate section of Saturday's DO.

It appears Norman will be the first to open in University Park Center. I am sure they will make it to OKC if the concept proves well.

http://newsok.com/commercial-propert...rticle/5519549

2. Default Re: Popular French Bakery La Madelines Coming to Metro Area.

Nice! Wonder what storefront they are taking.

Default Re: Popular French Bakery La Madelines Coming to Metro Area.

Wow. Did Memorial finally get full, or are businesses finally realizing there are other (better) locations?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Wow. Did Memorial finally get full, or are businesses finally realizing there are other (better) locations?
    Hopefully the latter!

After a bit of a slow start, this massive project seems to be a pretty big roll.

They are getting several new-to-OKC-market places first (Homegoods, Torchy's, etc.), have their big apartment complex under construction, have a nice grocery store in Crest, etc.

It will soon be if not already the largest retail development in the metro, with tons of housing, office and hotel rooms too.

It's also very well done. Tons of trees and landscaping. Not very walkable but otherwise I wish other developers would adopt similar standards. Way, way too many new big-box developments with a few trees and a ton of asphalt (Westgate Marketplace is horrendous in this regard, but there are a bunch of others).

La Madeline's will, for me, be a welcome addition to the area. Very much looking forward to it.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Corner Bakery coming in UTC as well? If so, I wonder how this development affects them. Never been to La Madelines but love Corner Bakery and hope they still open here

8. Default Re: Popular French Bakery La Madelines Coming to Metro Area.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be a Corner Bakery coming in UTC as well?
    Yes... Not sure if it's still happening or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's also very well done. Tons of trees and landscaping. Not very walkable but otherwise I wise other developers would adopt similar standards. Way, way too many new big-box developments with a few trees and a ton of asphalt (Westgate Marketplace is horrendous in this regard, but there are a bunch of others).
    That still bugs me to no end. I took my car to have the tires rotated and balanced at the "upscale" Discount Tires and went for a run while they did the work. There are no sidewalks along the west side of 24th at all, so to go north/south to any of the development you have to walk through the parking lots or cross over 24th which is a divided highway essentially with median and a 45 mph speed limit through the whole development.

And the side walk on the east side ends just north of Crest. Doesn't even connect to the hotels to the north or the other shopping on the north side of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be a Corner Bakery coming in UTC as well? If so, I wonder how this development affects them. Never been to La Madelines but love Corner Bakery and hope they still open here
    I was in Oklahoma City recently and stopped at the Corner Bakery. I spoke with a lady manager who stated that the deal for Norman and 122& McArthur will not be happening. She stated negotiations fell through. CB is really good, however, I really enjoy La Madeleine's too!

Is this anywhere near La Target's or Wal's Mart?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mattjank View Post
    That still bugs me to no end. I took my car to have the tires rotated and balanced at the "upscale" Discount Tires and went for a run while they did the work. There are no sidewalks along the west side of 24th at all, so to go north/south to any of the development you have to walk through the parking lots or cross over 24th which is a divided highway essentially with median and a 45 mph speed limit through the whole development.

And the side walk on the east side ends just north of Crest. Doesn't even connect to the hotels to the north or the other shopping on the north side of the park.
    You could try walking along all the sidewalks fronting the stores. If one chooses to go running in the parking lot, so be it. There are now miles of store fronts with sidewalks in the development. Why don't we prove that putting walkways in front of stores actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    You could try walking along all the sidewalks fronting the stores. If one chooses to go running in the parking lot, so be it. There are now miles of store fronts with sidewalks in the development. Why don't we prove that putting walkways in front of stores actually works.
    Is this snark? It's hard to tell by your imperious sounding tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    That's the point. There are not sidewalks in front of the stores. You have to cross over parking lots to get from one sidewalk to another. And they don't connect the whole development at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mattjank View Post
    That's the point. There are not sidewalks in front of the stores. You have to cross over parking lots to get from one sidewalk to another. And they don't connect the whole development at all.
    In the west side retail area, I believe there are store-front sidewalks extending north from at least in front of Target to the new park/gathering area on the far north end, at which point there is a cross over to the east side where I believe there is a street-side sidewalk all along going back south till you get to the end of the shopping area. It is probably close to a 1 mile walk without having to traverse across parking lots.

Hey I was wondering what the status on this restaurant was, given it's been about 5-6 months since this sale went through...have to believe things are getting close? Closer? Hopefully?

Default Re: La Madeleine

They finally signed their least at University Town Center in September.

Not sure exactly where they are going but they took 4,500 square feet.

I was in Norman the other day and drove through this entire center looking for any new space rentals that might be under development and./or have a "La Madeline's Coming Soon" type of sign, but no such luck. I didn't even notice an empty space in the existing buildings to accommodate 4,500 sf. However, I *did* notice a new building going in on the northern area of the park, so I am guessing they're going in there. It appears the building is still a long way from completion - likely sometime late Spring would be my guess, so LaMadeline's is still a bit down the road, unfortunately. Perhaps there was another parcel I missed, but I think I drove through each area fairly diligently...

There's a 4,500 sq ft space to the right of Phenix Salon and a 4,493 space to the right of Guitar Center. Those seem like a weird spot for a La Madeline. I bet they are going in that new building by Academy next to the park.

For those who have been following this project (like me), I am pleased to report that work has begun on the renovation/build-out of the west-most space of the new building in UTC and, in the window was taped up a business card from the manager of the Tulsa La Madeline's! It appeared that floor/plumbing work was underway - floor had been broken out and some PVC was up, so it would seem they're early in the process. But I think those of us who have been looking forward to LaMadeline's are finally getting their wish!

I will say that, at the moment, this location looks to be maybe half the size of the locations I've visited in the Dallas area, but bigger than the one in Tulsa. I was very surprised to discover just how small the Tulsa location is - at least it seemed that way to me. Perhaps once it is more fully flushed out the perceived scale/scope will be more in line.

Anyway, regardless of size, construction is very much underway. Woohoo! Anyone hazard a guess how long a buildout like this should take? (as an aside, I notice they're putting in a McAlister's on the opposite end of the building...)

I understand La Madeleine is now open in Norman!

They opened Tuesday. Was down there Friday and realized the place was operational, but a sign in the window said "Your cafe experience is in training!", and a banner outside said "Opening in 4 days."

My wife heard of a co-worker who got a special invite to a freebie meal during their training time.

I can just taste my omelette, croissant, and dark-roast coffee My son and I went to LM's near our hotel during OU-Texas weekend and it was SO nice to think we'll have this option in town now! Looking forward to it!

We went last night for an early dinner and outside of working a few kinks out, this will be a smashing success.

This location is much more true to the original setup and the new South Tulsa store, as opposed to the Cherry Street store (that recently closed, I heard).

I'll probably be back by tomorrow and will try to get some pics.

Went by on the 8th and got a couple of pastries, a Strawberry Napoleon and a turnover. Meh. Wife said the Napoleon was better at La Baguette in Norman and from the state fair. Turnover was so-so. Had better from donut shop on S. Sooner in the city. Can't judge all from just a couple of things but bakery items didn't look all that good. We'll go back and try other menu items but initial impression was again, meh.

25. Default Re: La Madeleine

Had to go last night. Place was packed. Had my favorite turkey and brie sandwich. Very good. I have a feeling it is going to be packed for a while.

Thread Information