Thread: Maples Barbecue

Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They open Appril 26th
    My Birthday!>. best gift ever!!

2. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Here's a little better shot.

Open in a new tab or window for an enlarged version.

Just a little better haha. Thanks!

3. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

They're currently having a soft opening.

Yes, they did have a limited soft opening tonight and they are still planning to open April 26th.

I had the brisket with a side of beans.

I'm not a BBQ expert but *loved* that brisket. Really nice bark on the outside and you could cut it with a plastic fork.

Also tried a bit of the sausage and was happy to find it had a nice bit of spice.

Heard the ribs were very good although I didn't get a chance to try them. The two deserts (banana and nutella) looked really good as well.

Just had one big bottle of sauce on the table which was vinegar based but i didn't use much of it since the brisket was so flavorful.

And yes, had a bottle of Big Red soda.

I think the biggest problem is going to be long lines and getting there before they sell out every day.

Also there today. Had everything except the pulled pork and burnt end beans. Everything was great, and - surprisingly - the sausage was actually my favorite protein. Satiated, we walked to R&J's for a digestif.

Some things to fine [fine] tune, but this place is gonna' kill.

6. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

I'm not a BBQ expert but *loved* that brisket. Really nice bark on the outside and you could cut it with a plastic fork.

Also tried a bit of the sausage and was happy to find it had a nice bit of spice.

And yes, had a bottle of Big Red soda.

I think the biggest problem is going to be long lines and getting there before they sell out every day.
    Presentation looks good and I see butcher paper which is required by state law in Texas.... Ok, maybe it's not a state law but don't be surprised if it becomes one some day.

Good to see the bottle of Big Red... I'm almost certain that may be a Texas state law...

Lines and selling out aren't a problem either... That's a sign of success!

7. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Presentation looks good and I see butcher paper which is required by state law in Texas.... Ok, maybe it's not a state law but don't be surprised if it becomes one some day.

Good to see the bottle of Big Red... I'm almost certain that may be a Texas state law...

Lines and selling out aren't a problem either... That's a sign of success!
    We need your review now!

I will say I saw someone's picture of the ribs and they looks a bit over done but without biting into it I can't tell. I will say however ribs are one of those things that people like different ways.

I am just glad to not see everything covered in sauce.

8. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    We need your review now!

I will say I saw someone's picture of the ribs and they looks a bit over done but without biting into it I can't tell. I will say however ribs are one of those things that people like different ways.

I am just glad to not see everything covered in sauce.
    I will probably give them a few weeks to get kinks ironed out before I go try it... The pics have all looked promising though.

Pork ribs in Central Texas are nothing special. They serve them, and I've tried them in a couple of places and liked them, but when you hear people talking about ribs in Central Texas it's beef ribs, generally plate short ribs and occasionally back ribs, and not pork.

I haven't seen any pics of their sausages yet. I'm still holding out hope they are the Czech style beef & pork ring sausages they serve in Central Texas.... I wouldn't even be disappointed if they were sourcing them from Southside or Meyer's in Elgin, TX as long as they are that style of sausage..... The fact they are selling it by the pound though makes me a little hesitant because down there you order them by the ring or more specifically by ordering "One hot." or two or three if you are really hungry. They are usually very juicy, or greasy if you prefer to see it that way, and the casings have a wonderful snap to them.

Here is a photo of the sausage, along with the nutella desert (left), ribs and brisket (center).

The sausage casing definitely had a snap and the filling was somewhat crumbly and with a fair amount of grease. And as I mentioned, a decent amount of heat (spice).

10. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

The sausage casing definitely had a snap and the filling was somewhat crumbly and with a fair amount of grease. And as I mentioned, a decent amount of heat (spice).
    Awesome... Also happy to see they are serving it unsliced so all the juices don't run out and soak into the paper.... I only want those juices soaking into my arteries!

Here is a better photo from their Instagram page:

This is who makes their sausage:

https://www.nativemeatcompany.com/

Brisket and beef ribs:

http://www.creekstonefarms.com/

And pork ribs and pulled pork:

https://www.nimanranch.com/

13. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Hmmm.... Andouille sausage? .... Well I do enjoy andouille but that's not Central Texas sausage.... Guess I'll still be going 6 hours out of town to get that fix.

The beef rib in that pic is definitely intriguing.... Wonder if it will become a full time fixture or a special like Texlahoma BBQ does with their beef ribs.

14. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Ok this really intrigues me..... The link to their FB page wasn't working and I couldn't find an answer on their website.... But I wonder if they are selling to the public.... I've been hoping a place like Siegi's in Tulsa or Kuby's in Dallas would eventually open up here.... This just might fit the ticket!

Edit: Guess I should have read the whole paragraph...

"The production facility is located in the Earth Elements Entrepreneur's Kitchen at Urban Agrarian. We look forward to relocating to our own shop in the future"

Ok this really intrigues me..... The link to their FB page wasn't working and I couldn't find an answer on their website.... But I wonder if they are selling to the public.... I've been hoping a place like Siegi's in Tulsa or Kuby's in Dallas would eventually open up here.... This just might fit the ticket!

Edit: Guess I should have read the whole paragraph...

"The production facility is located in the Earth Elements Entrepreneur's Kitchen at Urban Agrarian. We look forward to relocating to our own shop in the future"
    It says they sell some items at Urban Agrarian.

You might try calling them: Phone: 405-517-5422

16. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

It says they sell some items at Urban Agrarian.

You might try calling them: Phone: 405-517-5422
    Plan to contact them.... Especially since I thought Urban Agrarian closed their operations recently.

Plan to contact them.... Especially since I thought Urban Agrarian closed their operations recently.
    I believe Urban Agrarian is still operating, just only on Saturdays.

18. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

I believe Urban Agrarian is still operating, just only on Saturdays.
    Thanks glad to hear they didn't totally close shop.... I just have to be in town on a Saturday now.... Don't remember the last weekend I spent in OKC and don't see one in the near future.

The beef rib in that pic is definitely intriguing.... Wonder if it will become a full time fixture or a special like Texlahoma BBQ does with their beef ribs.
    I was lucky enough to go last night. They said the beef ribs would start as a special maybe 1 day a week And the burnt ends would also likey start as a special

20. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    I was lucky enough to go last night. They said the beef ribs would start as a special maybe 1 day a week And the burnt ends would also likey start as a special
    Burnt ends are also a BBQ item that are hard to find in OKC.... Butcher BBQ Stand's are good if you want to drive to Wellstion..... Burnt Ends are not Central Texas BBQ either.... That's a Kansas City thing.

I guess in the long run I'll just judge their food on whether I like it or not because I'm getting an identity crisis from the menu.

21. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Brisket and beef ribs:

http://www.creekstonefarms.com/

And pork ribs and pulled pork:

https://www.nimanranch.com/
    MMM That prime brisket.

22. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    MMM That prime brisket.
    Same brand Aaron Franklin uses.... At one time he was using almost every brisket they were producing... So either he's slowed down or they've ramped up production.

Creekstone beef is all natural, free of hormones, antibiotics and growth promoting drugs.

Hmmm.... Andouille sausage? .... Well I do enjoy andouille but that's not Central Texas sausage.... Guess I'll still be going 6 hours out of town to get that fix.

That doesn't appear to be andouille to me. Where are you getting that?

I believe their brisket alone will make this place a wild success.

I'm already craving it.

25. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    That doesn't appear to be andouille to me. Where are you getting that?
    Instagram..... Pete just posted the pic from Instagram eariler without the comment... https://www.instagram.com/p/BSwESXvA...maplesbarbecue

Thread Information