Widgets Magazine

Thread: How to create a website

Blog Entries

Default How to create a website

Hello, everybody...please help me create my own website. Looking for how you all have done it, what sites had been helpful. Just need a simple work-based advertising set-up with maybe a few pages attached.

2. Default Re: How to create a website

I'd look into weebly.com wix.com or hosting a wordpress website on any of hundreds of 3rd party hosts. I've actually used all of those over the years for my own use and client's.

Currently I use and really like squarespace.com

All of these options are relatively low cost and really come down to what you want your website to look like and how much control over the content etc. you want.

3. Default Re: How to create a website

I have created a couple of website with this builder http://cindr.com/ I have really liked the results. Very simple to use and beautiful to look at. I have one that uses their free version (they now just offer a 7 day free trial) and one that uses their pay version. Customer service and price is good.

Default Re: How to create a website

Maybe take a look at 1and1.com

5. Default Re: How to create a website

Your ISP might have a simple webhosting with a page builder. Also depending on what you want to do Maybe a wordpress.com site might be something for you as well. Wordpress would offer a lot of customisation with little to no coding skills needed. Most of my websites have been wordpress sites, and I have built client's websites using wordpress, including static and mostly static sites. It is amazing what you can do with the right theme. Those are free options. If you are willing to spend some money You can get sharing hosting for around $100 a year plus a domain for $10-20 a year. Most paid webhosting uses a backend called cpanel which can install prebuilt sites like Wordpress on your site in just a few clicks, that would allow you to customise further. I personally suggest you do the latter because you have more control, and if it is something you are looking to learn, it will help you learn html, css, PHP, and other skills. I am not an expert by any means, but I have had my own website since 2003 and I have learned a lot.

I'd avoid wix in lieu of wordpress.com

Note that wordpress.com and wordpress.org are 2 different providers.

Love squarespace.

Blog Entries

Thank you for all the recs, I appreciate the insight.

8. Default Re: How to create a website

Oh, and as far as learning www.w3schools.com is probably the best as far as free.

Thread Information