Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taco Casa

Large Chain Taco Casa

was Driving home tonite & on the Former Dickies BBQ marquee, it said Taco Casa Coming soon (on Air Depot blvd between Reno & se 15th)
    anybody ever eaten at one of them before? how does it compare to Taco Bueno/Bell or Del Taco?

Default Re: Taco Casa

I've never heard of it. Did it appear to be part of this Texas based chain?

http://tacocasatexas.com/

It looks like they also have a Norman location.

http://tacocasatexas.com/showStore.php?id=49

Quote Originally Posted by Trisha View Post
    was Driving home tonite & on the Former Dickies BBQ marquee, it said Taco Casa Coming soon (on Air Depot blvd between Reno & se 15th)
    anybody ever eaten at one of them before? how does it compare to Taco Bueno/Bell or Del Taco?
    They are pretty good. Reminds me of a TacoTico

4. Default Re: Taco Casa

20 years ago there were a few in OKC, including in the Century Center, roughly where the YMCA's front desk or yoga/class rooms are today. Burritos as big as your head.

There is a Taco Casa in Norman, on W Main next to Norman High. Not terrible, but like most fast food tacos, nada to get yourself excited about.

I like Taco Casa. There's one in my hometown Durant and another in nearby Calera. I probably went there more than I should, haha. Me and several other people from Durant got excited when Taco Casa opened in Norman while we were at OU.

7. Default Re: Taco Casa

Like others have said it's just a fast food taco/burrito place but....... It's way better than Dickie's!!!

Love their taco burgers!

TacoTico was awesome! I had almost forgotten about it.

10. Default Re: Taco Casa

As a Wichita kid, I grew up on Taco Tico. I was eating it long before I'd even HEARD of Bell. Ate at one in Wichita just a few weeks ago for old times' sake. Not quite what I remembered, of course...

Oh, this is great news. I love Taco Casa.... small detail, but they shred the cheese super fine and LOAD IT UP on the tacos. It is a bit reminiscent of Taco Tico. Now that I live in NW OKC I don't get over to Taco Casa in Norman much, but since I work at Tinker, this one will be great.

12. Default Re: Taco Casa

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    As a Wichita kid, I grew up on Taco Tico. I was eating it long before I'd even HEARD of Bell. Ate at one in Wichita just a few weeks ago for old times' sake. Not quite what I remembered, of course...
    I heard a lot of Taco Tico's were forced to change their recipes by the corporate office. A handfull resisted the change. The one in Shawnee is supposed to be one of those that resisted. The sanchos at the Shawnee location are similar to the ones I remember eating in Hutchinson, KS as a kid but not quite the same. The taco burger at Shawnee still reminds me of the ones I ate as a kid.

I have not tried the one in Duncan.... We used to eat at the one in Newton when we would go up for the harvest festival in the town I grew up in but it closed a couple of years ago.

This is great news since I get my haircut just down the street. The location in Norman was the only reason that I would stray from the interstate and travel into the heart of the city.

Dickie's went to Hell in a handbasket (at this location). Good riddance. I feel for the creator (of Dickie's, not the Universe). His minion's didn't share the fevah! "Hey! We're just employees, doing enough to not-get-fired!"

Drove by the old Dickies/new Taco Casa site yesterday. There is a roll-away dumpster sitting in front of the restaurant and the front doors were wide open. Good to see that the renovation is currently underway.

Taco Casa is making good progress. The new facade and stonework are in place. I hope to see it open next month if possible.

Taco Casa is officially open in MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by sbs View Post
    TacoTico was awesome! I had almost forgotten about it.
    As a kid we used to eat at Taco Tico in MWC, probably on Air Depot. I remember their enchilada dinner (not sure what they called it) was delicious.

Taco Casa reminds me of the taco shops in the 80s/90s before the food got all... "artificial"? It's good for fast food. Also it appeals to my retro nostalgia what with its knock-off Bell Burgers and black olive Enchiritos.

20. Default Re: Taco Casa

The Burger King at 19th and Telephone Road in Moore closed recently and I've heard rumors that it's going to be converted to a Taco Casa.

Haven't heard anything from any official sources yet but that's the buzz on the Moore social media pages.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I heard a lot of Taco Tico's were forced to change their recipes by the corporate office. A handfull resisted the change. The one in Shawnee is supposed to be one of those that resisted. The sanchos at the Shawnee location are similar to the ones I remember eating in Hutchinson, KS as a kid but not quite the same. The taco burger at Shawnee still reminds me of the ones I ate as a kid.

I have not tried the one in Duncan.... We used to eat at the one in Newton when we would go up for the harvest festival in the town I grew up in but it closed a couple of years ago.
    Taco Tico in Shawnee closed down.

I grew up in Hutch. I too remember eating the sanchos and taco burger at the Taco Tico on 30th street. They were outstanding. You might also remember the Taco Grande on north main, just north of Skaets steaks. I always thought Taco Grande was a notch above many of the other Mexican fast food places of that time.

23. Default Re: Taco Casa

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    Taco Tico in Shawnee closed down.
    Yep... I'm honestly surprised they lasted as long as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    I grew up in Hutch. I too remember eating the sanchos and taco burger at the Taco Tico on 30th street. They were outstanding. You might also remember the Taco Grande on north main, just north of Skaets steaks. I always thought Taco Grande was a notch above many of the other Mexican fast food places of that time.
    I don't remember the Taco Grande. Was it there in the early 70's? We moved to Oklahoma in 78. I do remember eating taco burgers at the original Taco Bell when all they served was taco/taco burgers, burritos, enchiladas, and frijoles.

We never went to Skaet's either.... There was a steakhouse on the highway between Hutch and Medora called the Royal K that we always went to.... Don't think that building is even still there.

Yep... I'm honestly surprised they lasted as long as it did.

I don't remember the Taco Grande. Was it there in the early 70's? We moved to Oklahoma in 78. I do remember eating taco burgers at the original Taco Bell when all they served was taco/taco burgers, burritos, enchiladas, and frijoles.

We never went to Skaet's either.... There was a steakhouse on the highway between Hutch and Medora called the Royal K that we always went to.... Don't think that building is even still there.
    Taco Grande was there at least until 1971, that is when I left Hutch to come to Oklahoma to go to college. I remember well the first Taco Bell down on East 4th st. It was kinda of a last choice after the other taco places. Skaets steaks was really more of a diner than steakhouse. It was where everybody went at 2a.m. when the bars(Like Carl's) and the Fireside Club closed and everyone had consumed way too much beer.

25. Default Re: Taco Casa

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    Taco Grande was there at least until 1971, that is when I left Hutch to come to Oklahoma to go to college.
    Hmmm... It was probably still there but I don't remember ever eating there.

Thread Information