Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taco Casa

Default Re: Taco Casa

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Beard Face View Post
    It also JUST came back!
    https://www.tacobell.com/food/specialties/enchirito

Taco Casa's looks way better though.
    100% Taco Casa's version is way better. Taco Bell's meat is a greasy/saucy like mess.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    100% Taco Casa's version is way better. Taco Bell's meat is a greasy/saucy like mess.
    And it used to be you'd get exactly 3 black olives on the top at TB; maybe now they are deleted altogether.

Casa puts a bunch of olives on top and also seems larger than the TB version.

In general, Casa just seems to be much better across the board.

I think TB completely eliminated olives from it’s menu a number of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Yes, back in the day you'd get black olives on a burrito supreme but that hasn't been the case for quite a while.

I wonder if it will be like when they brought back the Mexican Pizza. Half the time when you would go there to get one they said they were out of the ingredients to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Correct. Black olives - as well as green onions - were eliminated from menu items a number of years ago. Taco Casa doesn't do the green onions either - but they do have the olives.

If i am reading this correctly the Taco Casa at Memorial/Rockwell is supposed to start construction this summer. https://www.constructionjournal.com/...0fbace649.html

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    If i am reading this correctly the Taco Casa at Memorial/Rockwell is supposed to start construction this summer. https://www.constructionjournal.com/...0fbace649.html
    Yes.

It had been put out for re-bid.

What about the one by At Home?

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    What about the one by At Home?
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Beard Face View Post
    It also JUST came back!
    https://www.tacobell.com/food/specialties/enchirito

Taco Casa's looks way better though.
    And they are gone. Wife just got back from Taco Bell and they have taken the Enchirito off the menu.

12. Default Re: Taco Casa

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Same.
    If Taco Casa is going to build on the SE corner of the lot by the At Home store, the property owner just wasted a ton of money resealing and restriping the parking lot this morning. Maybe the asphalt crew didn't get the memo?!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If Taco Casa is going to build on the SE corner of the lot by the At Home store, the property owner just wasted a ton of money resealing and restriping the parking lot this morning. Maybe the asphalt crew didn't get the memo?!
    At least it wasn't a full repaving. It's probably business as usual until Taco Casa actually starts. It would look weird to leave one corner alone and Taco Casa could abandon plans at the last minute. The asphalt would continue to degrade during that time.

Building permits have been filed for the TC near Mayfair. This will be the northernmost lot on the NW corner of NW 50th & May.

This place is going to be as busy as one of the crazier Chick-fil-A locations.

That is going to be nuts. Went to the Yukon one the other day and it was packed like a Chick-fil-a (like you said).

I was told get ready for the right lane closure on May Avenue while they do water line work.

Hope the N Rockwell location is still a go

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Hope the N Rockwell location is still a go
    I believe so; same for Penn north of Memorial.

I know both those projects had to be re-bid, so I think that's the holdup.

Great location for the Taco Casa at Memorial and Rockwell. The Chik Fil A there is busy (of course) so they shoul do well there. They are nearly light years better than Taco Bell is at this point with food quality. Looking forward to construction starting soon at that site. And oddly enough, just north of Memorial is a new Taco Bell. The taco wars are on at this intersection! Can’t forget about Laredo in the 7-11.

Quote Originally Posted by CPin405 View Post
    Great location for the Taco Casa at Memorial and Rockwell. The Chik Fil A there is busy (of course) so they shoul do well there. They are nearly light years better than Taco Bell is at this point with food quality. Looking forward to construction starting soon at that site. And oddly enough, just north of Memorial is a new Taco Bell. The taco wars are on at this intersection! Can’t forget about Laredo in the 7-11.
    Throw in the new Starbucks being built on the NE corner of the intersection and it's going to be more of a nightmare than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by CPin405 View Post
    people actually eat at laredo?
    That strikes me as a very odd business model for 7-11. Not sure why they didn't follow the drive through model

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    That strikes me as a very odd business model for 7-11. Not sure why they didn't follow the drive through model
    It seems to be pretty popular, especially in the morning and lunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    No accounting for taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Throw in the new Starbucks being built on the NE corner of the intersection and it's going to be more of a nightmare than it already is.
    LOL! Define 'nightmare"! I breeze trough there all the time. Compared to Penn/May & Memorial, Rockwell is a walk in the park.

Blog Entries

^For the most part this is true. But early AM and at 5ish PM it is a mess.

May/Penn & Memorial are in another league!

Thread Information