Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taco Casa

Default Re: Taco Casa

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    What should I be ordering from here? I have tried it on a few different occasions but never really understood the hype.
    They don't have any crazy menu items or any one thing that's like knock-your-socks-off good... but the draw for many (including me) is that they are like an old-school Taco Bell, and they do all of the basics better than the Bell does today (in my opinion, at least). I mean, just for one thing, the tacos are properly filled and have a good portion of cheese in them - unlike the Bell where half the time my tacos are sad and underfilled, or just meat and lettuce with a few shreds of cheese. Usually when I'm going there, I'm getting a couple of tacos, a chilada (smothered burrito, very similar to the Bell's discontinued enchirito), and a combination burrito with spicy green sauce.

Taco Casa is the holy grail of fast food tacos and burritos. Really wish I had the capital to open one at 23rd and Penn. It would absolutely slay.

Yep, if there was one on the north side I'd be game for many visits.

I love Casa but don't go often due to the long wait times and the price. Hopefully once more open up the wait times will go down

I have been to the MWC location several times. Never had to wait. In fact, there have only been a few customers each time. I am wondering what the holdup is on the Rockwell location starting. I see it is awaiting some revisions to be submitted to the city. They are not anything that would require a lag of months to amend.

I found this on the owner's website that controls the large shopping center on N. Penn and NW 138th just east of Quail Springs.

It shows Taco Casa taking the corner on Penn just south of McDonald's. Currently, that area is just a surface lot.

Blog Entries

Very interesting! Is the TC location going in on Memorial at Rockwell just to West of the Chick-fila where the lot is prepped? For some reason I thought it was going to be South of it.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Very interesting! Is the TC location going in on Memorial at Rockwell just to West of the Chick-fila where the lot is prepped? For some reason I thought it was going to be South of it.
    It will be to the south.

^^^

Pete, on that rendering it shows an exit/entry on the south end. Since the electrical substation is there I assume there will be another road in between TC and substation? And another inlet/outlet to Rockwell?. Or is it an easement into the electrical station only?

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    ^^^

Pete, on that rendering it shows an exit/entry on the south end. Since the electrical substation is there I assume there will be another road in between TC and substation? And another inlet/outlet to Rockwell?. Or is it an easement into the electrical station only?
    I'm not sure what you are seeing...

The curb cut for Taco Casa is north of the substation on the TC property. And the substation has its own drive south of that.

The two properties have nothing to do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    ^^^

The layout faces north. There is an entrance on north and east sides of the lot.

Taco Casa just filed their building permit for this location, so it looks like it's official.

That's 3 new locations in OKC, this one, NW 50th & May, and Rockwell and Memorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I found this on the owner's website that controls the large shopping center on N. Penn and NW 138th just east of Quail Springs.

It shows Taco Casa taking the corner on Penn just south of McDonald's. Currently, that area is just a surface lot.

13. Default Re: Taco Casa

Taco Casa just filed their building permit for this location, so it looks like it's official.

That's 3 new locations in OKC, this one, NW 50th & May, and Rockwell and Memorial.
    MMMmmm...Taco Casa! Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I had it for the first time on Sunday and I really liked it.

Like old-school Taco Bell but better. And definitely better than modern-day TB.

Is the Taco Casa at N Rockwell still going forward? Haven't seen any work start yet

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Is the Taco Casa at N Rockwell still going forward? Haven't seen any work start yet
    I believe it is starting construction soon from info I have access to. I think it’s a corporate store. The Quail Springs/ Penn location is owned by the owner of Shawnee location. They have other locations I just don’t want to mention as I might not remember all the others.

NW 50th & May is another.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Taco Casa has very good tacos but their burritos are not very good though, I guess that is why it is called Taco Casa and not Taco Burrito

My wife loves their Chilada.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taco-casa-29-1-1500x1125.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	359.2 KB 
ID:	18053

^

Chilada and beef burger!

The beef burger is very much like what Taco Bell used to call their BellBeefer, but TC is way better.

I think she says the Chilada is similar to something Taco Bell had years ago that they no longer have on their menu. We get Taco Mayo taco burgers occasionally. Tacoville on SW 29th has good Taco Burgers too. First time we got them at Taco Casa they asked if we wanted cheese on it then charged extra for it. i was like really?

The Chilada is a duplicate of the old TB item which they discontinued a long time ago: Enchirito.

23. Default Re: Taco Casa

You're right about Taco Casa being reminiscent of old-school Taco Bell. But it also at times reminds me of old-school Taco Tico (R.I.P., for the most part), which is definitely ALSO a good place to be. What's weird is that Taco Bell and Taco Tico were both pretty different from one another. Casa just happens to be in the center of their Venn diagram.

Yep that's it. i just couldn't think of the name. Wife is into Mexican food way more than I am. I mean I'll eat it but I think she could eat it several times a week. I'm sure we'll be patronizing Taco Casa way more once the open the 50th and May location.

25. Default Re: Taco Casa

The Chilada is a duplicate of the old TB item which they discontinued a long time ago: Enchirito.
    It also JUST came back!
    https://www.tacobell.com/food/specialties/enchirito

Taco Casa's looks way better though.

Thread Information