Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC West & North New Stadiums

Default Re: PC West & North New Stadiums

I didn't drive by it on my last trip down there a couple of weeks ago. I guess they haven't progressed as fast as I thought they would from where I saw it in June. They of course had a lot more work left on the baseball and softball facilities at that time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    I didn't drive by it on my last trip down there a couple of weeks ago. I guess they haven't progressed as fast as I thought they would from where I saw it in June. They of course had a lot more work left on the baseball and softball facilities at that time as well.
    Yes, they had to move some things around so was somewhat complicated.

This might have already been discussed....but any reason they didn't build onto the existing practice field at PCN like they did at PCW? Was it simply a matter of space?

Quote Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
    This might have already been discussed....but any reason they didn't build onto the existing practice field at PCN like they did at PCW? Was it simply a matter of space?
    North has a new athletic facility directly west of the existing practice field, so no room.

Looking at the overhead shots of the PCW stadium, it's obvious why they had to do it that way...but that is still one of the weirdest stadium layouts I have ever seen.

Looks like the visiting team's fans seating sucks.

I wonder how much one of those stadium front homes go for lol.

11. Default Re: PC West & North New Stadiums

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Looking at the overhead shots of the PCW stadium, it's obvious why they had to do it that way...but that is still one of the weirdest stadium layouts I have ever seen.
    Agreed, dang weird.

From that same bond issue, Putnam City renovated its original gym and will now use it as their primary basketball facility.

They rotated the floor 90 degrees.

13. Default Re: PC West & North New Stadiums

It looks very nice, but it seems pretty dang small for a 6A gym. What was the other one like?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    It looks very nice, but it seems pretty dang small for a 6A gym. What was the other one like?
    The other gym is considerably larger but never close to full.

Same reason they can build stadiums at PC West and North in the middle of neighborhoods. Attendance at high school sports is a fraction of what it once was.

I wonder if they could do away with the track at PCW, if they could of then fit in a proper away stand.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I wonder if they could do away with the track at PCW, if they could of then fit in a proper away stand.
    And where would you suggest the track and field program practice and hold their events?

Quote Originally Posted by Executionist View Post
    And where would you suggest the track and field program practice and hold their events?
    I was only speaking to fitting a better away stand. I am not a fan of combining tracks with football/soccer fields. I understand for high school athletics the need to save money, and in this case there is not enough physical space for it. Though maybe design the track to go through/under neath the stands might have worked.

PCHS finished their new track.

Awesome project and photos!

Sure has changed a lot since we were around there, huh Pete? … Great shots by the way. I remember when I was a kid, the front of the stadium was open and they used to park the school busses under there.

Doggone, those facilities are nice!

23. Default Re: PC West & North New Stadiums

It seems to be the word of the day for some reason. Mid-Del is waist deep in similar renovations to their 3 stadiums too.

I think Midwest City's will see the most drastic change in appearance because they're supposed to basically re-do the thing from the ground-up. Similar for Del City. CA does get a bit of an expansion in home seating. Construction at each field is well underway with the ticket booths/locker rooms/etc. Once this year's football season is over, they'll start the big stuff with it all supposed to be ready for the 2020 football season.

This article doesn't have any pics on the CA site, but a quick google search and you can see those.

https://www.mustangpaper.com/2018/11...um-renovation/

not going to lie, I love how quirky PC West's stadium is.

I agree, I am PCW '75 and my son and daughter both are PC alumni... the one stadium seemed to work just fine, I know there were a few scheduling challenges... but here in McKinney, they decided to go w/ the 'one neutral site' thing and basically same deal at Frisco and Denton ISD's - seems to be a good way to do it.

Thread Information