Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Only two road games in the following month of February, so they kind of balance out.
    Of course, Feb. is also a short month that is also bisected by the All-Star game.

But, OKC had a lot of home games to begin the season.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17

NBA: The 6 Most Unbelievable Triple-Double Streaks:

5. Magic Johnson (1986-87)
    Straight games: 4

4. Maurice Stokes (1956-57)
    Straight games: 4+

2. Russell Westbrook (2016-17), Oscar Robertson (1961-62), Michael Jordan (1988-89)
    Straight games: 7

1. Wilt Chamberlain (1967-68)
    Straight games: 9

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/the...tml/?a=viewall

Well, I got to say it, that was one ugly game. For both teams. Even Red Panda dropped a couple of bowls.

Russell has to make better late-game decisions. That chuck while Bev was draped on him was unacceptable.

And don't give me the BS about how we wouldn't be in that position without Russ. Obviously you can be both good in the 4th and better at late-game decision making. Russ needs to have more confidence in his team in those situations. I do like that Donovan has been writing up actual plays instead of 35 footers we were used to from the Brooks era.

Thunder drops both games on this back-to-back roadtrip. Really need Oladipo (and Cam) to be back. Really hope we can see Cam sometime this decade.

This team lacks reliable shooting and playmaking. Both Cam and Dipo provide a bit of each. Need to get them back, but OKC needs more of those skills off the bench. Without those two, every team is just going to cram the lane, taking any space away for Russ drives (which is infuriating Russ), and leave everyone open for threes. It's a strategy that is going to work with this flawed roster.

Anthony Morrow had 28 minutes with 1-4 shooting and three points. There is a reason he doesn't play very much. If he is on, it's great, but if he is off, he is a complete hindrance on the defensive side of the ball.

Just five home games left until February. Thunder is comfortably in 7th place in the West. The fear of dropping out is unlikely, as the bottom teams are really struggling.

The chances of a GSW - OKC round 1 matchup is getting more and more real.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 117 - Boston Celtics 112

Box Score: http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899887

Westbrook was amazing. Just put the team on his back and won this game. I think this was his best one in an incredible season.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 112 - Minnesota Timberwolves 100

Box Score: http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899901

This team is getting better and better and the bench is finding its identity with a Kanter-led attack, which will help a lot.

Just as important, Russ seems like he's having fun out there, like he's absolutely enjoying himself. I've said it many times and I'll say it again, we OKC Thunder fans are witness to one of the best, most dynamic NBA players in the history of the game. Very fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    This team is getting better and better and the bench is finding its identity with a Kanter-led attack, which will help a lot.

Just as important, Russ seems like he's having fun out there, like he's absolutely enjoying himself. I've said it many times and I'll say it again, we OKC Thunder fans are witness to one of the best, most dynamic NBA players in the history of the game. Very fortunate.

It would be nice if they could go on a long win streak and get in the 3rd position in the west. It's within reach and if that 2nd unit keeps playing like they have and continues to improve I think they will get there. Getting Dipo and Payne should also give a boost esp. Dipo. Payne I would really ease in since Criston seems to be playing pretty good and getting better. If Sabonis and Abrines continue hitting the 3s like they have the past few games that will continue to open the door for Kanter and the guys down low. The real threat of 3 point shooters make it so much easier to get good shots.

It's worth noting, the Thunder schedule is about to get a lot harder. If OKC has a .500 record in the month of January that woud be a huge win.

I honestly, don't see OKC getting higher than the 6 seed barring some major injuries to other teams. There's no chance of passing the Warriors or Spurs, and it's going to be really hard to pass the Clippers or Rockets. The Rockets are much better than I expected. The Jazz and Grizzlies have about the same records as the Thunder, but have been decimated by injuries. I could see the Grizzlies coming back to earth at some point, but I think the Jazz record is just going to getter better as they get healthy... they're really good. With over a third of the season gone and based on what we've see so far, here's how I'd predict the West finishes:

1. Golden State
    2. San Antonio
    3. Houston
    4. Utah
    5. LA Clippers
    6. OKC
    7. Memphis
    8. Portland

That would be a pretty good finish because I think the Thunder could potentially beat the Rockets in a 3/6 match up and I also think the Thunder could challenge the Spurs (assuming they beat a rugged Grizzles team).

Blog Entries

Agree 100% Dan with your 6. OKC seed finish.

.500 month of January will be a brutal time with 3 home & 12 games on the road. 7 wins & 8 losses, anything better would be gravy.

Could see the Thunder possibly shaking thru the first round of the playoffs. The team has youth, these guys are learning fast; this could be a major factor come playoff time.

Donovan has quickly adjusted the lineup to match-up against individual opponents.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17

Evaluation of the Ersan Ilyasova trade?

2016-17 Salary $980,431
    Jerami Grant has length. His overall stats has improved with the Thunder vs. his time with the 76ers.

Blog Entries

2016-17 Salary $5,994,764, Alex Abrines - time to breakout!

Well, if Jerami Grant is a legitimate 3 point shooter (he's at 43% right now!!!) then that trade was quite the coup for the Thunder. I suspect he'll drop, but even if he can just be in the mid to high-30s with his defensice versatility and athleticism, he could really be an incredible role player.

I know the Thunder have a lot of away games, but a lot of them are against some pretty bad teams, at least to start. OKC plays @ Milwaukee, Charlotte, Houston, Chicago, Minnesota, Sacramento, Clippers, Golden State, Utah, NO, Cleveland and San Antonio. I feel like all the ones in bold are wins (6), the ones underlined are toss ups (3) and the remaining (3) could be losses. Also Denver, Memphis and Dallas at home, all winnable games.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I know the Thunder have a lot of away games, but a lot of them are against some pretty bad teams, at least to start. OKC plays @ Milwaukee, Charlotte, Houston, Chicago, Minnesota, Sacramento, Clippers, Golden State, Utah, NO, Cleveland and San Antonio. I feel like all the ones in bold are wins (6), the ones underlined are toss ups (3) and the remaining (3) could be losses. Also Denver, Memphis and Dallas at home, all winnable games.
    I think you're being pretty optimistic (and I hope you're right!). For example, I don't think any of Milwaukee, Charlotte, Chicago, Minny, or the Sacramento games are easy wins. Those are all decent teams and several are starting to play better (Minny) or are better than their record indicates (Milwaukee). Every team you mentioned as a likely road win except for the Timberpups is currently a playoff team. OKC can win any of those games, but most of them are closer to 50/50 than a likely win.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

2016-17 Salary $5,994,764, Alex Abrines - time to breakout!
    His game is starting to pick up. hopefully it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post

I see the Thunder at 8-4 in that stretch. They are coming on.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 106 - Miami Heat 94

Box Score: http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899915

Westbrook's 15th triple-double of the season.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 114 - Los Angeles Clippers 88

Box score: http://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=400899949

Let's wish Alex Abrines a speedy recovery.

The Thunder injury report is getting to be a game of musical chairs, Oladipo back--Abrines out. Who's it gonna be when Payne returns?

Thread Information