Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17

The Spurs have jumped out the gate with an impressive victory over the GSW.

Jonathan Simmons (D-Leaguer) was impressive with his defense and 20 point production with the reserves.

Hope our guys can step it up against Philadelphia tonight.

Yeah, Kawhi and LMA probably have the box score filled. I was most impressed by Simmons

^I read an article on Simmons story today. Coming from a d-league team paid tryout to putting 20 points up against the warriors is incredible. Really pulling for that guy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    ^I read an article on Simmons story today. Coming from a d-league team paid tryout to putting 20 points up against the warriors is incredible. Really pulling for that guy this year against every team not named the Oklahoma City Thunder.
    Fixed that for ya.

Good start to the season last night. Glad we got to have a solid showing on national television.

The KD/OKC memes got even better with that fan flipping off Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Good start to the season last night. Glad we got to have a solid showing on national television.

The KD/OKC memes got even better with that fan flipping off Russell
    Another great win tonight to go to 2-0 on the young season. But but,why is Singler playing all those minutes? He adds about 0. The other team doesn't have to guard him and he gets wide open 3s and clanks them off the rim. If this team doesn't find a couple shooters they prob. won't make the playoffs. Westbrook can't score 50 every night he has to have some help.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Another great win tonight to go to 2-0 on the young season. But but,why is Singler playing all those minutes? He adds about 0. The other team doesn't have to guard him and he gets wide open 3s and clanks them off the rim. If this team doesn't find a couple shooters they prob. won't make the playoffs. Westbrook can't score 50 every night he has to have some help.
    Agree, Russ for 50 is not a long term winning strategy

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 113 - Phoenix Suns 110

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899455

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Agree, Russ for 50 is not a long term winning strategy
    Agreed. The way Russ played against Philly is preferable to the way he played against the Suns. Even if it was fun.

Also, after thinking about it, I wonder if it wasn't a bit planned for Russ to be the absolute focal point so as to deliver the "You don't have to worry...I'm just as entertaining as any other player in the league" message to the fan-base/NBA in general.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Singler is a decent defender and one of the only players who has shown the ability to shoot the three (career 37%). He's been incredibly awful since coming to the Thunder, but OKC signed him to a long-term deal so they need to figure out if he can turn it around. If he plays to his ability he can help space the floor by hitting thress. Unfortunately, the Thunder don't have many other options for shooting.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Singler is a decent defender and one of the only players who has shown the ability to shoot the three (career 37%). He's been incredibly awful since coming to the Thunder, but OKC signed him to a long-term deal so they need to figure out if he can turn it around. If he plays to his ability he can help space the floor by hitting thress. Unfortunately, the Thunder don't have many other options for shooting.
    True. He was a very good 3 point shooter at Duke and Detroit. He just hasn't found it here but if he does he'll be a valuable tool in this offense. And he is already a decent defender.

Embiid was boss last night. I hope 76ers start to appreciate Hinkie a little more.

The reality is that Russ is going to have at least 10 games if not closer to 20 where he shoots the ball like crazy. That's just who Russ is.

We really really need Cam back.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 113 - Los Angeles Lakers 96

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899490

Early signs of the Thunder playing more as a team as they mess together. Westbrook continues to emphasize TEAM as he distributes the ball where he involves all players on the floor. New comers Ilyasova, Sabonis, Christon & Abrines seem to be getting comfortable with Donovan's offensive schemes.

Dre appears more involved in the offense.

Billy Donovan does have his work cut out for him.

16. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17

We get to see what they are made of with the next two games.... Would love to see them win at least one of these two upcoming road games against two playoff teams but would be happy with just a good showing against them.

OKC vs the lakers was the most team oriented game I've seen this season. Small sample, I know. With how they played against the suns and 76ers I thought they'd struggle again.

Two big contract extensions for Oladipo and Adams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Two big contract extensions for Oladipo and Adams.
    Report: Thunder extend Victor Oladipo, Steven Adams:http://www.si.com/nba/2016/10/31/ste...a-city-thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Report: Thunder extend Victor Oladipo, Steven Adams:http://www.si.com/nba/2016/10/31/ste...a-city-thunder
    We can't get ANY good players to stay in OKC...

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    We can't get ANY good players to stay in OKC...
    Good Try but those players would be Restricted and OKC could match any offers. Not the same as being Unrestricted.

Good Try but those players would be Restricted and OKC could match any offers. Not the same as being Unrestricted.
    Yes, but they both took less than max, which counts for something.

That tells me it matters to them where they are playing.

Agree, this Thunder team will be exposed. Too many big, slow defenders and no consistent shooters to have to guard. I am not drinking the kool-aid. before someone disparages my comment, I love the Thunder, I am a season ticket holder
    Hahaha. Like clockwork!

Blog Entries

25. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17

^^^^^^^
    Good player on a rookie deal. Frees up cap space.

Thread Information