Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Union @ SoSA

Default Re: Union @ SoSA

That's too bad... I won't drop by until they publish their menu and I can look it over.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    "They want to ease into things and not get overrun out of the gate." This is disappointing to hear. If you really want to make a splash, you need to have a big impact when you first start out, not a "low key" one. I am looking forward to their food menu.
    The danger of your way is that the big impact might not be pretty - there were a bunch of restaurant openings in the past year or so that were quite unpleasant during the first few weeks, they don't have their systems set up right, staff trained properly, run out of ingredients, just basically don't have their sh*t together. I won't even come close to a restaurant until after they've been open a month, and if they're decent they should have it sorted out by then. It does seem like places are taking a bit more care for their openings recently, though, so maybe that trend is disappearing.

See, that's the issue. If you don't have your systems set up right, your staff trained properly, or you constantly run out of ingredients, etc.... then you shouldn't be open in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    See, that's the issue. If you don't have your systems set up right, your staff trained properly, or you constantly run out of ingredients, etc.... then you shouldn't be open in the first place.
    Ha, I understand this, you understand this, a lot of people understand this..... except some restaurant owners. But, as I said, it's looking better - less disastrous openings in the past year than there have been in the year or two before that, so maybe they're learning.

Well, they just announced their Grand Opening on March 25th... I saw advertised on Facebook. Well, hopefully they will publish their menu on that date or around that time... I am very interested in their grilled cheese choices.

Went with a group on Saturday night to hear another friend play music here. I really like this place. drinks were good and the food we had was delicious. I had chicken street tacos and chips and queso and other liked the sandwich choices. not a huge menu but good bar food.

Do they still have that weird waist high fence that cuts the size of the back porch in half?

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Do they still have that weird waist high fence that cuts the size of the back porch in half?

I didn't see anything like that Saturday.

From their FB page:

As of October 30th, @theunionok will be closed for renovations. We are currently working on building a full kitchen inside and making our patio even better! Stay tuned for pictures on progress and our exact reopen date! Thank you to everyone who has supported us and especially our neighborhood! We'll be back and better than ever!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39E4C34F-152E-4EEE-ADAC-7A88092E4BBC.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	14401Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACAC90C8-94E5-499F-B8C1-9704874B273C.jpeg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	14402Click image for larger version. 

Name:	650536A4-EC42-4BDF-960F-D8DBD38AF8E6.jpeg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	14403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACFDD123-8CE5-43D5-9FBE-52E59697EB59.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	14404

..a couple of progress pics.

I'm anxious for this to be open again. I had kind of just discovered it and then it was closed. Looking forward to it being open again!

I love the changes and look forward to their full kitchen as well.

It's a great little spot with tremendous potential.

Blog Entries

I'm awaiting the full kitchen as well. Very close to my residence. Will be nice to have another option.

14. Default Re: Union @ SoSA

I walked by it on my walk at lunch yesterday since the wind wasn't howling.... Anyone know if they will be serving lunch or do they just plan to have evening hours?

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I walked by it on my walk at lunch yesterday since the wind wasn't howling.... Anyone know if they will be serving lunch or do they just plan to have evening hours?
    Lunch and Dinner

16. Default Re: Union @ SoSA

Quote Originally Posted by pop312 View Post
    Lunch and Dinner
    Nice.... Always looking for more places I can walk to for lunch.... Worked down here since the early 90's and always wished there were good places walking distance and the last couple of years my wishes have finally started being granted.

From the Union FB page:

I’m seriously, seriously not trolling. And if I could keep my mouth shut, I would. But if that’s a paid professional marketing or graphic designer who came up with that name, logo design, and copy. They should be fired. Wtf is a cocktail office? Why would I want to leave the office and go to another office???? And it’s not centered on the wall! It burns!!!

I was also wondering about the Office part of that sign.

Because it used to be offices.

I think it's completely fine. There is a stupid popular bar in L.A. called Father's Office.

Is the sign finished? Perhaps they're going to run the letters 'SoSA' vertically down the blank space?

22. Default Re: Union @ SoSA

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    I’m seriously, seriously not trolling. And if I could keep my mouth shut, I would. But if that’s a paid professional marketing or graphic designer who came up with that name, logo design, and copy. They should be fired. Wtf is a cocktail office? Why would I want to leave the office and go to another office???? And it’s not centered on the wall! It burns!!!
    Maybe it's targeting those that work from home and want to go to the office when they get off work?

Or maybe for those hen pecked husbands that need an excuse to go out after work. Now they can tell the wife they'll be staying late at the office.

Or, like the Library in Norman, when someone asks where you are you can answer "at the Office".

You must hate Pottery Barn.

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    You must hate Pottery Barn.
    Haha... Yep.

Thread Information