Widgets Magazine

Thread: Save-a-Lot Moran Foods

Default Save-a-Lot Moran Foods

The DOK had this in the business section of today's paper. "•Save-A-Lot-Moran Foods LLC leased 13,799 square feet of retail space in Del Crest Shops at SE 15 and Sunnylane, Del City. Karleen Krywucki and Everest Ernst handled the transaction.". Anybody have any information about them. They have a web page, but it wasn't very helpful. Actually, it was a good web site, but I didn't see anything exciting. I couldn't tell if they had a meat counter. I did see hamburger, but no steaks and I didn't see a brand I recognized in the canned goods section.
    C. T.

2. Default Re: Save-a-Lot Moran Foods

If it's the same Save a Lot that used to be around, you wont recognize any names. It's all store-brand super cheap groceries. Think of a store with 100% Best Value products.

Default Re: Save-a-Lot Moran Foods

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    If it's the same Save a Lot that used to be around, you wont recognize any names. It's all store-brand super cheap groceries. Think of a store with 100% Best Value products.
    A different version of Aldi's, perchance?

terryinokc Guest

Exactly. A watered down version of Aldi. The one on SW 44 and Penn is very dirty and not a pleasant place to shop. Not sure if this new one will be with the same owner.
    The one is El Reno seems to be a little better.

The sav a lot on sw 44th closed down early this year. The newer sav a lots are a lot cleaner. Its pretty much like cashsaver.

6. Default Re: Save-a-Lot Moran Foods

Aldi has a totally different philosophy so i dont think i would put them in the same camp. Aldi is cheap because they brand everything themselves, but it's still a better quality item than what you'll get at Save-A-Lot. Aldi's reasons stem from them being a European company...kind of hard to explain it without getting to deep in a novel. Save-A-Lot has been some dirty store cheap nasty crap...think IGA if you remember those. Not only is it cheap, but it's not usually good either. Definitely not the type of store that a developer would seek out unless they just need to fill a hole.....which is what is happening here.

It's will be open on March 16th in 2 weeks very soon....

Thread Information