Widgets Magazine

Thread: Hastings closing all stores

Default Hastings closing all stores

http://www.enidnews.com/news/hasting...9d65da78b.html

It was bound to happen eventually. Kinda bummed since this was the go-to store growing up in the 90s/early 2000s for all my entertainment needs. Although I don't think I've bought anything from them in at least 10 years.

Default Re: Hastings closing all stores

First reaction: Wow, they just spent a ton of money moving the Yukon store a few hundred feet for nothing.

Second reaction: Looking forward to the 75%-90% off sale.

Hastings seems to be a fairly popular store in Stillwater. It will be interesting to see what stores replace Hastings, if they don't stay vacant long.

Can't say I've been to a Hastings since high school (I don't spend a lot of time in the suburbs), but those locations would be great for Half Price Books to take over.

It's very strange for those of us in Amarillo to hear that Hasting's is closing. I have a few friends who work at the Store Support Center here, and they've been in limbo for a while now. It was odd that a city our size had three stores, but it was a good place to go and browse on a Friday or Saturday night. You could sometimes find something interesting, but in the last few years, their merchandise model seemed to shift from movies, music, and books to action figures, t-shirts, and other crap that nobody really wanted. Two stores had decent vinyl inventories, but those records are still expensive and all three stores in town have slowly been decreasing inventory. They all knew it was coming. I'm hoping a Sprouts goes into at least one of their empty stores!

I grew up in Lawton and Hastings was the store for everything. We had no Borders or Barnes and Noble, and Blockbuster only rented. If you wanted to buy something, it was Hastings (or Camelot Music in the mall LOL). I remember in the mid-90's when you could actually RENT PC Games and other software at Hastings, this was way before cd burners were affordable.

Lately though, the Norman location was just kind of confusing as far as merchandise goes. Toys, pop-culture items, skateboards, off-brand electronics, etc. When I would check out the used video games, the same game would have 3 or 4 different prices.

I'll say the same thing about Hastings as I said about Borders. It's Older Yeller time. Where's Travis? Time to go out back with the shotgun and end this cleanly.

For small cities like Ponca, Stillwater, Bartlesville & Yukon, Hastings was a Godsend for people who like music, books and movies. I spent many hours in the Ponca and Stillwater stores but once I moved to OKC, I no longer needed to go there. I'm sure they will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I'll say the same thing about Hastings as I said about Borders. It's Older Yeller time. Where's Travis? Time to go out back with the shotgun and end this cleanly.
    Losing Borders still gets to me every time I pass the old location.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    For small cities like Ponca, Stillwater, Bartlesville & Yukon, Hastings was a Godsend for people who like music, books and movies. I spent many hours in the Ponca and Stillwater stores but once I moved to OKC, I no longer needed to go there. I'm sure they will be missed.
    Lawton and Altus too

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Hastings seems to be a fairly popular store in Stillwater. It will be interesting to see what stores replace Hastings, if they don't stay vacant long.
    http://www.ocolly.com/news/article_6...fa281f3d7.html

Thread Information