Widgets Magazine

Thread: Good recyclers in OKC?

Question Good recyclers in OKC?

I've been put in charge of developing an aluminum can recycling program at work and I'm trying to get a better idea of good recycling companies around town. All cans would be crushed. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for a place that offers a good balance between convenience/cleanliness and maximum payout for those cans.

Default Re: Good recyclers in OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    I've been put in charge of developing an aluminum can recycling program at work and I'm trying to get a better idea of good recycling companies around town. All cans would be crushed. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for a place that offers a good balance between convenience/cleanliness and maximum payout for those cans.
    You could always donate to Goodwill and get tax credit for the donation. For cash, there are places around 1st and Penn that buy recyclables. They fluctuate with the price of oil so there is not much money to be made unless you have a ton of metal. DEQ has comprehensive lists of places to go, depending on what you have:

http://www.deq.state.ok.us/recycle/index.htm

Proceeds from the recycled metal are intended to be an additional funding source for special events for our coworkers - things like retirement and holiday parties - so we're hoping to be able to make a little bit of money as well as help the environment too. I'll check out that list though, thank you!

Lines may be longer than anyone wants to fuss with, but Metal Check on S High near SE 59th used to have good rates. I've purchased 2 liters for so long now rather than cans I don't have clue one on current pricing.

Thread Information