Widgets Magazine

Thread: 509 SW 59th St

South OKC 509 SW 59th St

Cox Communications has filed for a $1 million building permit (BLDC-2016-04826) for something described simply as a "HUB" at 509 SW 59th St, just west of the intersection with S Walker Ave, and they've begun clearing the lot and prepping it for construction. I can't find any relevant info on what this is supposed to be... The building permit describes the new construction as a single-story, 2700 sq. ft. building but as the permit has not yet been approved, there are no building plans publicly available through the City's permit portal. Given the square footage and size of the lot, I'm assuming it's a retail storefront, but Cox calls their storefronts "Solutions Stores" and up to now none of them that I am aware of are standalone like this. Does anyone know anything about Cox's plans for this property?

Default Re: 509 SW 59th St

Gigablast?

Building permit has been issued and work has started, but I still can't get the permit application PDF from the City's permit portal. Based on the dirt work I've observed so far, it looks pretty likely to be a retail storefront.

In the description it lists building type as "Public Works and Utilities Buildings".

Retail and office have their own category codes.

Is this building being built on the NW corner of SW 59th & Walker where that old gas station was? or are the clearing new land for it if so where?

It's being built in the lot immediately west of the old gas station on 59th. Incidentally, that old gas station is now a tire shop (which is kind of odd since there is no garage, lol).

Looks like PluPlan was on the money here. I asked a Cox rep at the state fair what this building would be for, and she told me that she was pretty sure it is part of their expansion plans for Gigablast service. Once the building is complete, she said they'd need to start trenching and stringing up fiber from this building, and to expect service to be available around 3 months after the building is complete.

Heck yeah, the Southside's getting FTTH!

Thread Information