Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crest Shenanigans. . . aka missing Ozarka water products

Angry Crest Shenanigans. . . aka missing Ozarka water products

Does anyone know what is going on with Crest Foods and Ozarka Water?? The Crest where I (now infrequently) shop has virtually cleared their shelves of Ozarka Water. It started a couple of months ago when they stopped carrying Ozarka Sparkling Water and has steadily progressed to where there was only a couple packages of bottled water on the shelves. Their previous shelf space has been replaced with Artic something or other.

I understand not carrying something if it doesn't sell at that particular store/area, but water??? Yes, you can still get Perrier at $1.50 a bottle, but no Ozarka sparkling water which used to be $1.25 a six pack.

I asked the Manager and she indicated it was a "warehouse issue", but didn't know what the issue was. I contacted the corporate office on their web site and have heard absolutely nothing. I'm wondering if it is another of their infamous "we don't like your price, so we're going to stop carrying your product until you decide to met our price" games. Been there, done that with Crest. . .not gonna do it again. . . .

Default Re: Crest Shenanigans. . . aka missing Ozarka water products

They won't put Blue Bell back on the shelves either....

This probably has nothing to do with it, but maybe just a bit of trivia. Ozarka spring water and sparkling waters are owned by Nestle corporation and bottled in Texas, while Ozarka drinking water is owned and bottled locally by Eureka water co.

The Ozarka Spring Water bottling plant in Texas was damaged by a tornado recently, which may have affected distribution somewhat.

http://www.kltv.com/story/31868940/o...county-tornado
    Last edited by UncleCyrus; 06-25-2016 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    They won't put Blue Bell back on the shelves either....
    That is actually a good thing. Crest is saving its customers from sickness and possible death. I would rather support local business by choosing Braums.

Sam's has not had Ozarka water for about 3-4 weeks now.

Blog Entries

Really misleading thread headline

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCyrus View Post
    The Ozarka Spring Water bottling plant in Texas was damaged by a tornado recently, which may have affected distribution somewhat.

http://www.kltv.com/story/31868940/o...county-tornado
    This is the answer.

Ozarka water in most OK stores either use the actual Oklahoma Ozarka Water which is MIO certified and owned by Eureka but they generally only supply 24PK waters to stores in bulk and then only drinking water.

All other Ozarka water you buy is actually bottled in Texas and sent mostly to AWG in OKC which is then distributed to stores throughout OK. The tornado damage is why you are not seeing this water right now. We have had spurty shipments over the last two weeks where we'll get a large order then nothing for another week but hopefully the issues resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    That is actually a good thing. Crest is saving its customers from sickness and possible death. I would rather support local business by choosing Braums.
    That's like saying I choose sonic over 5 guys because they're a local business.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Really misleading thread headline
    perhaps a fair call (mods, feel free to change) . . .but over the past many, many years of shopping here, my experience has frequently been that it is difficult to get a "straight" answer on pretty much any question you ask. Once was told the company in question quit making the product (absolutely not true). Re: the first time the water went missing, I was told they were changing the packaging. . .not true. . .found it at Target today, same package. Three or four months ago, it was the self-grind peanut butter. . .honey blend container was gone . . . was told at the "front desk/office" that they wouldn't carry it any more. Purchased some commercial product only to discover a few days later, it was back in the bulk foods. When I asked about it, the manager said he just couldn't imagine who told me that, but it was wrong. Certainly not "best practices" that will keep a customer coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    This is the answer.

Ozarka water in most OK stores either use the actual Oklahoma Ozarka Water which is MIO certified and owned by Eureka but they generally only supply 24PK waters to stores in bulk and then only drinking water.

All other Ozarka water you buy is actually bottled in Texas and sent mostly to AWG in OKC which is then distributed to stores throughout OK. The tornado damage is why you are not seeing this water right now. We have had spurty shipments over the last two weeks where we'll get a large order then nothing for another week but hopefully the issues resolved soon.
    Thanks!! This makes sense. . .would have been nice had Crest to my query in kind.

There is nothing wrong with your tap water, just say no to bottled water

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    There is nothing wrong with your tap water, just say no to bottled water
    Exactly, your landfills will thank you...... How can a plastic bottle be good for global warming or the green movement in general.. OKC has some of the best tap water in the country..

And the fact that most bottled water is just filtered tap water makes it even more laughable. Buy a bottle and refill it at fountains and taps and profit. We spend too much time and money to treat water for our taps to waste it on bottled water.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    Exactly, your landfills will thank you...... How can a plastic bottle be good for global warming or the green movement in general.. OKC has some of the best tap water in the country..
    Unless the poster is at the Norman crest then by all means drink bottled water from an outside source. The tap water is gross in Norman.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Unless the poster is at the Norman crest then by all means drink bottled water from an outside source. The tap water is gross in Norman.
    Get a berkey water filter, and you won't think so....

Midwest City water even smells bad. I know it's safe, but I miss my well water with a softener and an RO Filtering system. I have to have distilled or RO water for my oxygen concentrator and my BiPap machine and it was excellent. I have moved to an independent living facility and now have a commercial style unit that holds a five gallon jug of RO water and it has worked out well. It's a little more expensive than owning my own RO system, but I don't know how long I will be here. I suspect I will be moving to the assisted living area in the next year or two, so renting the bottle unit is cheaper in the long haul.
    C. T.

Or in the case of big ozarka bubbler bottles. I think we spend about $25 a month between renting the cooler and 5 gallons bottles per month. No muss. No fuss. It saves energy on ice, it saves money on plastic bottles. We just fill our nalgemes or insulated camel back bottles.

. . . my issue was with sparkling water. As far as plain water goes, I drink what comes out of my OKC tap . . .not particularly interested in the soda stream as long as I can get the Ozarka, but will keep it in mind.

terryinokc Guest

Crest is famous for not stocking items when it has a dispute with the manufacturer.
    Couple of years ago they stopped carrying Duncan Hines cake mixes.....then it was Nabisco products. And now no Sunbeam or Natures Own bread....both my favorites.
    They eventually got the cake mixes and Nabisco back...but the Flowers Bakery (Sunbeam and Natures Own) dispute has been going on for a couple of years according to a friend that works in the office there. I have having to go to another store just to buy bread.

That might just be their only negotiation tactic. If the manufacturer raises prices, perhaps raises prices for Crest higher than Wal*Mart, Crest can only say "Fine, we won't carry your product" until the manufacturer agrees to better terms. If this is the case, its annoying, sure, but it may keep prices down for us and/or be a reason why Crest has been able to stick around against Wal*Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    Or in the case of big ozarka bubbler bottles. I think we spend about $25 a month between renting the cooler and 5 gallons bottles per month. No muss. No fuss. It saves energy on ice, it saves money on plastic bottles. We just fill our nalgemes or insulated camel back bottles.
    Uptowner,
    I spend $7.25 per month for a unit that has both cold and hot water. I have no use for the hot water, so I have turned it off. It costs about $8.00 per month for water, so my total is $15.25. That's before tax. I live alone and only use it for my equipment and occasionally, for cooking when the recipe calls for water. Pretty low use. It works well for me.
    C. T.

23. Default Re: Crest Shenanigans. . . aka missing Ozarka water products

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    That might just be their only negotiation tactic. If the manufacturer raises prices, perhaps raises prices for Crest higher than Wal*Mart, Crest can only say "Fine, we won't carry your product" until the manufacturer agrees to better terms. If this is the case, its annoying, sure, but it may keep prices down for us and/or be a reason why Crest has been able to stick around against Wal*Mart.
    To further that, Walmart is so big and powerful that they set the price, take it or leave it, which is opposite of what happens with just about every other company. I have a feeling that some companies have to make up that loss by upping the price for everyone else. Not to make this a Walmart thread.

Yeah - I actually stopped shopping at Crest because they don't carry Nature's Own. I know seems silly - but I have to buy bread every time I go grocery shopping and I don't like anything they stock.

We've had to deal with Crest's crap like this before and now that Uptown is in The Village, we've stopped going to Crest completely except for maybe a dozen items that they carry that Uptown doesn't. Sadly, even those items are slowly going away (Deli-Mex taquitos, Red Baron Western Scrambles (they carry bacon and sausage, but not Western), etc.), so maybe eventually we'll be able to get away from Crest altogether, hate the environment, slow sackers, this kind of non-stocking stuff they pull, really bad produce, etc..

Thread Information