Widgets Magazine

Thread: Virus on OKCTalk?

Default Virus on OKCTalk?

I am getting the message again that this site has been infected with a virus when I attempt to access it through Google Chrome. The same thing occurred before the last two outages.

Default Re: Virus on OKCTalk?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I am getting the message again that this site has been infected with a virus when I attempt to access it through Google Chrome. The same thing occurred before the last two outages.
    Same here. Searches for "OKCTalk" on Google are being tagged with "This site may harm your computer."

Working on it.

certificate issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    certificate issue?
    That might be a suspect if the site was typically accessed via https, thus implying a server cert for the SSL. Not the case here, I don't think. Besides, even a compromised cert wouldn't necessarily get tagged as literal malware. Lots of reasons a cert might fail validation.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    That might be a suspect if the site was typically accessed via https, thus implying a server cert for the SSL. Not the case here, I don't think. Besides, even a compromised cert wouldn't necessarily get tagged as literal malware. Lots of reasons a cert might fail validation.
    Good point, I also thought likes were available on all threads.

Google Transparency Report is giving me the following....after the warning you all describe.

Some pages on this website send visitors to the following dangerous websites: mkart.nazwa.pl and rvo-k.ru.

Just paid a big chunk of money to have the site professionally cleaned, so we are all good now.

May be the end of today before the various browser warnings clear.

Main reason I moved my site off vBulletin, so many security issues the last few years and development seems to have really stalled in favor of their cloud based solutions.

I would love to get off vB but our site and relate files are huge and switching to another platform would be a massive and expensive undertaking.

Not to mention we have lots of custom summary articles and other content that would have to be recreated.

Anyway, we are good for now and have a better protection and security system in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just paid a big chunk of money to have the site professionally cleaned, so we are all good now.

May be the end of today before the various browser warnings clear.
    Where is that 'like' button for this post? ha

Thread Information