Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: New license plates on the way

Default Re: New license plates on the way

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    Got my new motorcycle tag today. White with black text and the "Travelok.com" advert at the bottom. I'll have to get a tag frame that will cover that up.
    Rezman,
    Why?
    C. T.

^^ Personal tastes I guess. Really for the same reason I've removed all dealer advertising from every vehicle I've owned for years. They're not paying me to advertise for them, and usually it looks tacky anyway. So it goes with the new tags.

The plain white with black text looks ok though.

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    ^^ Personal tastes I guess. Really for the same reason I've removed all dealer advertising from every vehicle I've owned for years. They're not paying me to advertise for them, and usually it looks tacky anyway. So it goes with the new tags.

The plain white with black text looks ok though.
    Rezman,
    I agree about the dealer stuff and haven't had it on a vehicle for years, but I don't mind advertising for my city/state. Plus, it already says Oklahoma, so what does "Travelok.com hurt? I respect your feelings, just not my way of thinking.
    C. T.

4. Default Re: New license plates on the way

I know, when you have personalized plates the real one is supposed to be in the vehicle. I've never done that. Mine have always stayed tacked to the garage wall. Not anymore. The new ones are going under the mats in the trunk with the spare tires.

It looks like the license plates will be changed again. I wouldn’t mind seeing a better design or just an all out white.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/stat...3db063f38.html

I'm just going to lean into it and say I hope they somehow manage to make them even uglier than the current ones lol

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I'm just going to lean into it and say I hope they somehow manage to make them even uglier than the current ones lol
    That'd be tough, ha.

Ugh, does this mean everybody has to change over again? I got pulled over cause I had the older plates 2 years ago.

*edit*

Save everybody a click and mention that the new license plate render is either extremely poorly placed, or not in the article at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I like this idea.

A look at Oklahoma's most popular specialty license plates in 2018

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...6263176d5.html

As cool of a state bird as we have, the state sure has done an embarrassing job representing it (skydance bridge, license plates, ect...)

Would be cool to have the bison plate or the 46 as the standard design.

I wonder if we will have to pay again for a new plate.

13. Default Re: New license plates on the way

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Would be cool to have the bison plate or the 46 as the standard design.

I have the 46 design on one of my cars. I love how clean the look is and how easy it is to read. The bison one is not my cup of tea. I voted for one of the alternatives that I thought was MUCH better.

14. Default Re: New license plates on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    I have the 46 design on one of my cars. I love how clean the look is and how easy it is to read. The bison one is not my cup of tea. I voted for one of the alternatives that I thought was MUCH better.
    Ya I have the 46 on all three of our cars. Absolutely love it. I have had people ask what the name was and how much it cost to order as they liked it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post

Ha ha, now that's funny!

Oklahoma is wild. They literally just changed them!

17. Default Re: New license plates on the way

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Oklahoma is wild. They literally just changed them!
    Honestly, Oklahoma changes them pretty frequently throughout history. I had to check myself. They said they are 4 years at least away from a new one so that makes sense.

**Side note I loved the one from 1995 to 2008

I loved the one from 1968. I think there was one for OU colors, too.

19. Default Re: New license plates on the way

Everyone gets so butt hurt over designs, lets just make it simple like Texas. Numbers, stickers, and all it says is Texas. Then we can just pasteurize everything about the state into one bland boring plate of snoozefest.

The right license plate design can be incredibly good branding for the state, though. Just think of how well that has worked out for Colorado's classic mountain design, or to a much smaller degree our designs from 1989 through 2016.

I have always found the boring Texas designs to be a big missed opportunity.

I agree.. I wish we would just go back to the Osage Shield design. but i'd also be down for the star 46. I keep meaning to get the 46 for my car and then I forget.

I really like the simple plates that Texas and (I think) California have. I think the 1977 Oklahoma plate is my favorite one.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I really like the simple plates that Texas and (I think) California have. I think the 1977 Oklahoma plate is my favorite one.
    BINGO!!!
    The 1977 plates were large green letters easy to read at a distance with a reflective solid white background to help distinguish the letters.

Similar to Texas, white background, easy to read black letters, small Texas state in the divider and star in the corner. Simple and functional wins.

I agree. The new California tag is white or yellow on a black background. it is very distinctive, retro, and classic. Maybe Oklahoma could play with colors and make a distinctive, yet simple tag.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Honestly, Oklahoma changes them pretty frequently throughout history. I had to check myself. They said they are 4 years at least away from a new one so that makes sense.

**Side note I loved the one from 1995 to 2008
    I think its major stretch, though factually correct to say we've changed tags pretty frequently. Up until 2009 we had a very simplistic design that all roughly looked the same. Ever since 2009 we've had over graphicised (not a word I don't think) plates that I think most people would agree are hideous.

Thread Information