I've pissed and moaned for year to both the city and the state but never get anything other than B.S. from either. So here's a mini-rant/question about what my next approach should be.

First off, the bridges have some crumbling issues at the surface side. I have no idea about the support side. Everywhere you look on either bridge, you see crumbles of concrete from the curbs/railings. It's not really an issue of safety (per say), but it's plenty chances for tires to pick up and throw at the car behind them. Douglas Blvd over I-40 has always been the same way.

The real problem is the light timing. The Sooner traffic is timed so that you get a green light to cross over the bridge, just to see the next light turn red right as you get near it. All it does is cause actual mile-long backups in either direction. What's so annoying is that it's such a simple fix. Simply program the lights to work like every other pair of lights on the sides of the highway do along any other stretch like it in the city. I keep hearing, " a traffic study is in its infancy", but all ive seen in the last year was ONE period of traffic count strips. And that' not even abnormal since they do that around town all the time.

I'd really like to see two bridges dozed in favor of a single wider bridge too. That gap between the two is where the rest of the turn lanes need to be. There are so many people trying to turn, that it ends up blocking through traffic, which makes it worse. All because that turn lane is only 5 or 6 cars long. I'd also like to see right hand turn lanes in each direction. Currently, the 240 exit ramp to southbound sooner has it and it helps a LOT.

I dont think anyone ever thought this intersection would develop the way it has. Sunnylane is the same way. But the fact is, it has and we need to get some crap done to help it out.