Widgets Magazine

Thread: Pie Junkie

Default Pie Junkie

Either I have no clue how to search or there isn't a thread on this place yet. Pie Junkie is in the Plaza District. Next door to Saints. Went for dessert yesterday with three other people. Can buy pies whole or by the slice. Had approx 10 pies by the slice. We tried four which were the Macadamia key lime pie, banana cream pie, turtle pie and the Kentucky bourbon pie. I tried each of them. All were excellent and well done. I have had key lime pie all over the country and throughout the Caribbean and this was one of the top two key lime pies I have had. Great subtle lime taste with just the right amount of tartness. Never really tasted macadamia but that was just fine with me as the pie was so darn good. The banana cream had great slice of banana in it and melted in your mouth. The turtle pie was excellent. The Kentucky bourbon pie was similar to a chocolate pecan pie but used walnut instead of pecans with dark chocolate pieces on top. You could taste a hint of the makers they put in it. Has a dark chocolate finish from the pieces on top.

The staff was super friendly. The price for four slices was less than $18.00 and was a great value looking at the quality of the pies and the size of the slices. Would definitely recommend and will go back in a heartbeat.

Default Re: Pie Junkie

I really need to try it, as I love pie!

I know they also have their pies available at some restaurants, such as Iron Star.

3. Default Re: Pie Junkie

Pete, we had their pies at the social back on Film Row that one time. That was my first time having their pie, and yes, each was delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCbyTRANSFER View Post
    Pete, we had their pies at the social back on Film Row that one time. That was my first time having their pie, and yes, each was delicious!
    Right!

But, I was so busy socializing I never had any!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I really need to try it, as I love pie!

I know they also have their pies available at some restaurants, such as Iron Star.
    I believe S&B also serves their pies (or at least they used to).

Pump Bar serves it for $6 a 1/6th if I remember right. Their menu is good but when I eat there (about 1 out of 6 visits) I always order the special. I was there over the weekend and had chicken & dumpling soup and a slice of bird dog...and a couple bourbons. It was exquisite.

It's good to hear that they have whole pies on hand available to buy. Their website lead me to believe I'd need to plan that ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    Pump Bar serves it for $6 a 1/6th if I remember right. Their menu is good but when I eat there (about 1 out of 6 visits) I always order the special. I was there over the weekend and had chicken & dumpling soup and a slice of bird dog...and a couple bourbons. It was exquisite.
    Fassler Hall sells Pie Junkie pie, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    It's good to hear that they have whole pies on hand available to buy. Their website lead me to believe I'd need to plan that ahead of time.
    I think its a first come first served deal unless you order one in advance. They only make so many for walk in sales, is my understanding. Its probably better to order in advance if you know you're going to need a pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I think its a first come first served deal unless you order one in advance. They only make so many for walk in sales, is my understanding. Its probably better to order in advance if you know you're going to need a pie.
    I think the website requests 2 days? Which I'm not prepared as I only think about Pie Junkie when somebody mentions it.

Thread Information