Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SW 15th and Meridian

Default Re: SW 15th and Meridian

I would love to see just one of those hotels have an outdoor restaurant on the river. I have walked the river trails frequently and would gladly eat lunch after one of my walks on the river. There are tons of bikers that would probably do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    I would love to see just one of those hotels have an outdoor restaurant on the river. I have walked the river trails frequently and would gladly eat lunch after one of my walks on the river. There are tons of bikers that would probably do the same.
    This reminds of the 9-hole golf course down on HWY 152 in Mustang, it had a Harry's American Grill that you could walk up to from the course and grab a drink and bite while you were playing. I would definitely frequent a cafe or something if it was along the river.

A new 5-story Homewood Suites is planned for the lot just west of the Avid Hotel (this is an old photo; Avid has been up and running for a while):

I've been wondering if and when a new hotel would go up there. Then, if anything will eventually be developed further east towards Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I've been wondering if and when a new hotel would go up there. Then, if anything will eventually be developed further east towards Portland.
    i am madly pure speculating but may be based on asking price for that next couple of properties I think they are big lots if not one. I have looked at property along the river and think some of it is crazy. Of course, a l.88 acre lot in 600 block of reno sold for 1.238 million this week which is crazy also

6. Default Re: SW 15th and Meridian

There are only 1 or 2 plots lefts west of the Avid before you hit the tributary and then Campbell Construction. So that side is about done on the water side. I think there's a creek on the non-water side, so I dont think anyone is going to build much of anything there. Maybe 1 or 2 fast food sized lots?

And to be honest, i'm not sure if the lots east of Portland are all for sale? You could get 3 or 4 more there and then its full too (again on the water side). There's room for the non-water side here. There are a few water features to contend with, but not as much as on the west side.

But all in all, this area is approaching max fill, which is crazy. I think you have to start making up hotel chain names to find something that doesn't exist here now.

Thread Information