Widgets Magazine

Thread: Justin Timberlake insists that Edmond is home to the world's most beautiful women.

Default Justin Timberlake insists that Edmond is home to the world's most beautiful women.

Justin Timberlake Says Edmond, Oklahoma Has the Most Beautiful Women and Explains Why ? WMAC News

Personally, Israeli women caught my attention like none other, but to each his own.

I'm not trying to generalize or start $#!+ but I can see how Timberlake's assessment can be upheld, at least on the scale of the metro area. Edmond is home to a lot of money, and (this is where I'm most likely to be accused of flaming) really attractive women tend to end up with wealthy men (think trophy wives). So the offspring is likely to inherit good genes and plenty of nurture.

Anyway, I just thought that his take was interesting.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Default Re: Justin Timberlake insists that Edmond is home to the world's most beautiful women

uggh. i hate these fake news sites. -M

3. Default Re: Justin Timberlake insists that Edmond is home to the world's most beautiful women

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    uggh. i hate these fake news sites. -M
    It is like chain emails. People really love falling for this stuff...

Default Re: Justin Timberlake insists that Edmond is home to the world's most beautiful women

Fantasy/satirical news site. Nothing to see here.

I will say this though... I spent 4 years of my life on the campus of UCO, and while the women were indeed beautiful, they were also the brattiest, most entitled women I have ever met in my life.

I would generalize his observation to Oklahoma and Texas as a whole.....compared to the continguous states. I haven't traveled much to other states but I can't comment on them.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    At one time, we could just post a link to Snopes, but now with the flood of these crap sites, every article on Snopes is basically "this came from a site that flat out tells you right on the front page they're lying".

About wmacnews.com:

WMAC News is a fantasy news site. Most articles on wmacnews.com are satire or pure fantasy.

At one time I honestly thought Snopes would put an end to this. Then Facebook came along.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I just pulled it from NewsOK, so forgive me for not investing a whole lot of time into scrutinizing the website.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5491419

Chill with the smug tone.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Quote Originally Posted by AFCM View Post
    I just pulled it from NewsOK, so forgive me for not investing a whole lot of time into scrutinizing the website.

Justin Timberlake Says Edmond Has the Most Beautiful Women | NewsOK.com

Chill with the smug tone.
    The bigger issue is with an organization like NewsOK falling for this kind of thing and failing to properly investigate these things, not individuals.

9. Default Re: Justin Timberlake insists that Edmond is home to the world's most beautiful women

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    The bigger issue is with an organization like NewsOK falling for this kind of thing and failing to properly investigate these things, not individuals.
    Exactly. Somehow they are fine with it since they didn't reprint it but just link to some other site. These fake news sites just type whatever they want to drive hits and get ad money. You can usually tell if the statements are outrageous with no byline of an author.

TLO linked the amount of traffic they got for posting the Jennifer Lawrence fake news story and it had 33k hits. Just crazy. (Ryan Gosling Says Beaver, Oklahoma Has the Most Beautiful Women and Explains Why | The Lost Ogle)

I heard ((( insert random celebrity here )))) is moving to OKC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    While I agree with you 100%, I also don't. The problem most certainly is at the individual level, if *individuals* were not clicking the "Share for a free bag of M&Ms!" scam, it would die. Immediately. Same thing with Bill Gates will give you $1000 if you forward this. It is always an *individual* who clicks, and then plays the "just in case!" card. When called on it, the answer is ALWAYS "I didn't fall for it, someone else did, I'm just regurgitating what they said without giving it one second's worth of thought". As FighttheGoodFight notes, dishonest sites are just using this to make money off of suckers. And we all know what P T Barnum said* regarding the lack of shortage thereof. The fact that NewsOK is a bunch of suckers isn't a new one.

*Ironically, quite on topic, no he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    While I agree with you 100%, I also don't.
    So...you don't agree 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    So...you don't agree 100%?

I should steal jerrywall's signature about multitudes. B-)

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    I should steal jerrywall's signature about multitudes. B-)
    -.-

I did this fark when the Oklahoman opened it's new offices (these are real stories they had on their site over a couple of day period):

16. Default Re: Justin Timberlake insists that Edmond is home to the world's most beautiful women

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I did this fark when the Oklahoman opened it's new offices (these are real stories they had on their site over a couple of day period):

Repost it on Facebook as true and I bet it will get hits!

Thread Information