Can you tell me what the legit poll is?
    The polls are here:
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...2022/oklahoma/

Default Re: Oklahoma Air and Spaceport

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Can you tell me what the legit poll is?
    Emerson. Real clear politics has it up

Wow, $50,000,000 in dark money spent to upset Stitt. I think most people saw through the negative rhetoric

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C2DEF2B2-0453-4F0E-80CA-74E8EBB145BE.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	262.4 KB 
ID:	17715

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Wow, $50,000,000 in dark money spent to upset Stitt. I think most people saw through the negative rhetoric

…?

^^^

The fundamentals haven't changed. Anyone who thought hordes of Republicans in a dark red state during a national GOP +4 environment would hitch their wagon to a former Republican running as a teacher union-endorsed Democrat is mistaken. Press only showed one poll of many (flawed poll) becaise it gets clicks and views. Now that more realistic pollsters are coming out its a double digit lead for Stitt. Showing a race closer than it really is can help draw in donations whereas if honest polling was reported earlier that extra money doesnÂ’t get donated.

Stitt will win by double digits. The negative ads arenÂ’t working except bringing in money from those who might believe the race is close. $50,000,000 was spemt on dark ads targeting Stitt alone, think of how much good that could have done if spent on many things we need. Where and who spent that money in a red state in a year conservatives are polling great nationwide.

JMO, but weÂ’ll know next Tue night. One thing IÂ’m thankful for is OK has one of the most secure voting systems in the country. IÂ’m proud to be an Okie and be able to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    …?
    I have no idea how reputable they are but going to their website, the first thing you see in bold letters is “In God, we trust. All others must bring data.” Digging a little further, you come across statements such as they “work with people that share our belief that America is a shining city on a hill blessed by God — but only as long as we honor God, can we succeed in our mission of protecting freedom.” Looking at their Twitter feed and briefly at their CEO/founder’s Twitter, it is easy to come away with the impression that they’re a polling group with a heavy slant towards GOP campaigning. None of that discredits their data but when they send out an email with terms like “dark money” (which is real but can sound unsettling to those unfamiliar) while their CEO/founder hostilely responds directly to a candidate on social media, it’s hard to not think there’s a degree of bias/conflicting interest there.

Edit: OKC Guy’s post above mine looks like it could be their Twitter feed compiled and written into a short article.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    So the conclusion here from what many seem to be saying is this isn’t really anything significant as it likely won’t play out?
    I think it could be relatively significant if it does play out, I’m just uncertain of what exactly to expect from it. Hundreds of jobs in a sparsely populated area could be an incredible boost to the economy, especially in an industry like aerospace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    I think it could be relatively significant if it does play out, I’m just uncertain of what exactly to expect from it. Hundreds of jobs in a sparsely populated area could be an incredible boost to the economy, especially in an industry like aerospace.
    It would be nice to see. Burns Flat has its own little community and Elk City and Clinton could benefit.

Blog Entries

The university in Weatherford needs to take a lead in training for skills needed to support it. It would help significantly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post

This figure from a known Republican pollster is suspect. $5 million MIGHT be believable, but $50 million is just propaganda. Some think they can’t lose unless there is some grand nefarious plot against them by boogie men.

I don’t think reporting of corrupt action is negative rhetoric.

Stitt himself claims his opposition has spent 25 million. That shows you how skewed this analogy is.

Edit: OKC Guy’s post above mine looks like it could be their Twitter feed compiled and written into a short article.
    Well, we could probably simplify that and say Joy has the wrong letter behind her name in a time where Democrat's are struggling nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    First legit poll was just released. Shows stitt +9
    I think the election will be closer than that. Other polls have it much closer and may persuade more people to vote. If Stitt wins, I hope it won't be by double digits. If so, it will just persuade the state legislature to double down on passing more prohibitive laws that will further discourage business and industry from coming in. What would help, instead, is to reduce tax on gas as some other states have done. Of greater help to counter inflation is to repeal sales tax on food, but are they ever going to get around to doing that?

14. Default Re: Oklahoma Air and Spaceport

So we all agree that this dark money is from the tribes, correct? They have the funds and don't know who else it could be

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    So we all agree that this dark money is from the tribes, correct? They have the funds and don't know who else it could be
    I hadn’t thought about *who* it might be really, but it’d make sense, however much the amount actually is. I admittedly haven’t followed how connected any of the tribes or candidates have been about their relationships beyond what has been in the news, so I can’t say if there’s anything on record or if there’d be a need for any to keep donations in the dark.

I guess that’s a long way of saying it would make sense but I don’t know enough about it to say it absolutely is the tribes.

I think the majority of the divide is rural versus urban. OKC and Tulsa have more voters who are (and I don't mean this in the modern way) progressive. While the rural areas have more who are socially conservative. I don't know if the urban growth (and rural shrinkage) in Oklahoma has changed statewide totals yet. But I think it will be an urban majority state in the next 10 years.

I think the majority of the divide is rural versus urban. OKC and Tulsa have more voters who are (and I don't mean this in the modern way) progressive. While the rural areas have more who are socially conservative. I don't know if the urban growth (and rural shrinkage) in Oklahoma has changed statewide totals yet. But I think it will be an urban majority state in the next 10 years.
    It doesn't when the legislators gerrymander it to where rural areas have way more power than urban, especially based on their population...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Meh, it's moot. That is the system that is in place. The members of a party on the Federal level want to keep donors identity secret. I'm sure both sides have dark donors. Tribes on one side, O&G on the other side.

At least a couple of rural college towns will join in with the urban vote on Nov. 8, namely Stillwater and Tahlequah. Their votes will help the Demos, if the elections for Stitt and Walters are close. Actually, the demographics have already shifted to urban to affect the elections, especially for state questions, and explains why extended Medicaid was barely passed in Oklahoma in 2020. The heavy urban vote in favor of legalizing medical marijuana helped get it passed in 2018. About all the rural counties in the western half of Oklahoma voted against it.

Thread Information