Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas strip development thread.

Default Las Vegas strip development thread.

Wynn?s lagoon project would use less water than 18-hole golf course | Las Vegas Review-Journal

This is pretty cool. Steve Wynn has always been a visionary.

(Side note: do NOT copy and paste the article, click it, LV RJ has sued websites in the past for that.)

Default Re: Las Vegas strip development thread.

Shouldn't this be in the "other cities" subforum?

Seems to be a clear response to the Alon project.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the "other cities" subforum?
    My bad, mods can move it.

5. Default Re: Las Vegas strip development thread.

So he is getting rid of the golf course? Looks like some of it will still be there but what's the point. I've never been able to get my schedule worked out to go play there. Better get it in gear before it get razed

Theme resorts are staging a comeback in Las Vegas too. I drive to Vegas all the time mainly as an excuse to get away but I love the strip. A lot of cougars there

"Mars World" simulation to bring Mars to Las Vegas

I like this. I've always though a space themed resort would be cool. I was sad when the Moon thing didn't happen.

Raiders Stadium faces a huge problem now that Adelson has pulled out and it seems for good reason though I would love to see this stadium built in LV and SD get MLS. SD submitted for MLS anyways.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/30/las...aws-investment

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Raiders Stadium faces a huge problem now that Adelson has pulled out and it seems for good reason though I would love to see this stadium built in LV and SD get MLS. SD submitted for MLS anyways.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/30/las...aws-investment
    Goldman Sachs can save it, let's see if they do.

I'd love an NFL team in Las Vegas. That would be awesome.

GS backed out I believe saying that if the Adelson funding isn't there it won't happen.

GS backed out I believe saying that if the Adelson funding isn't there it won't happen.
    Raiders better go back to Adelson with tail between their legs

Some great news for Las Vegas strip. Passenger rail likely following the desert wind route that was abandoned. Raiders Stadium is getting close to being finished. Resorts World is making good progress but has changed direction— I just hope they still plan on the giant panda exhibit. Tropicana interchange is going to be expanded and rebuilt with the first phase adding an overpass and extending Valley View over the train tracks.

Las Vegas boulevard is set to be completely rebuilt and expanded in several areas.

Lots of good stuff happening in Las Vegas with project Neon wrapped up they are making changes to the HOV lane access which honestly I like the original express lane setup more. I also don’t think 24 hour HOV lane enforcement is needed in Vegas.

A couple wish list projects for the Vegas area I have is seeing I-515 rebuilt and expanded. I would also like to see the proposed elevated roads built to McCarran, and subterranean heavy rail going from the airport to Fremont. I also wouldn’t mind seeing monorail expanded even though if HRT was built under the boulevard it would be a bit redundant.

I’d post pictures and more information but I’m on my phone and formatting is a pain.

Blog Entries

^ Also, posts about the Raiders stadium demise back in ‘17 have not aged well - it’s going to be pretty cool! I’ll head that way for at least one game a season and most likely 2 (and not a Raiders fan).

I’m happy the stadium went through! I was very worried it wasn’t to happen. I’m happy I was wrong here.

14. Default Re: Las Vegas strip development thread.

Isnt Elon Musk's Boring Co. doing some sort of short tunnel project in the Strip?

Blog Entries

I’m happy the stadium went through! I was very worried it wasn’t to happen. I’m happy I was wrong here.
    There were good reasons for the doubt. I think this will be awesome for LV. We normally have gone 1-2 times a year, but have trailed off last couple of years. This will virtually guarantee one trip in the fall/winter to take in a game. I’d love to see the Cowboys, Browns, Cardinals among others.

I can’t help but wonder whose up next for a new stadium. SF chase center is beautiful. We have Rams and Raiders set to open soon. For MLB the Anaheim Angeles(I know technically Los Angeles but f@ck that) just signed a commitment to staying in Anaheim after mulling a move to Long Beach. I wonder if we will get a new stadium and development around it.

OKC is poised to build and MLS stadium or one that can be expanded. I’m unsure of any others UC or planned.

My only concern with raiders stadium is access and I wish they would have built a special flyover off I-15 for this to ease the demand on local streets. Streets like frank Sinatra dr come to a standstill during knights games.

17. Default Re: Las Vegas strip development thread.

Was talking with someone when I was there last and they are only building about 10K parking spots for the stadium. Trying to get a deal together to use Mandalay Bay parking across the interstate and build a pedestrian bridge. If that doesn't work then people will have to be bused in.

People need to set their expectations now on tickets to these games now. It will probably be minimum $200-300 just to get in. It will be just like the Knights games. Feed on opposing fan bases where there are zero deals to be had, even after the games have started.

Been following Resorts World for years now. Pretty disappointed on the final design. Leaves a lot to be desired. Will def check it out when it opens though.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Atari themed Hotel will be opening up on the strip along with 8 other cities getting one.

A4202796-6D6F-46B5-B9B1-5A4CD4C36324.jpeg

https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/new-r...KZEyw5510sFoJ0

21. Default Re: Las Vegas strip development thread.

Was there last week. That new Resorts World is reallllly ugly. I think they open next summer. Circa looks awesome though. We missed the opening by a few days.

I was there during Circas opening but didn’t check it out. I’ll probably drive to Vegas tomorrow and hit it up. I know the hotel isn’t open yet.

New 67 storey skyscraper going up: https://okcfox.com/news/entertainmen...m-porte-cochre

They are finishing the Fountainebleau. The building was erected and construction stopped in 2009, when is was about 75% completed.

Surprised there is no post here about the MSG Sphere construction. I am very interested in this finished product and see it in use.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNg-ewNenpw

Thread Information