Widgets Magazine

Thread: Jack in the box in Mustang is closed for good....

Mustang Jack in the box in Mustang is closed for good....

And a new Taco Bueno is going in. That's a good trade!

Default Re: Jack in the box in Mustang is closed for good....

I was going to ask what's going into the old Taco Bueno, then remembered it's actually a Taco Mayo. Shows how often I go there, I guess.

Never cared for Jack in the Crack so glad to hear of the change.

"It will seat 50 people and employee 35 folks".

God, Mustang's papers are such an embarassment. Its like they don't even have any editers at all.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    "It will seat 50 people and employee 35 folks".

God, Mustang's papers are such an embarassment. Its like they don't even have any editers at all.
    Yes, the Mustang Times is very bad at proofing their work. I seriously find a few mistakes in almost every article they write. I'm not saying I'm perfect, by any stretch, but if my job was to write, I'd like to think I'd be better than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Yes, the Mustang Times is very bad at proofing their work. I seriously find a few mistakes in almost every article they write. I'm not saying I'm perfect, by any stretch, but if my job was to write, I'd like to think I'd be better than they are.
    Oh, 100% agree, and I am the last person to be pointing out typos. But when it's that consistent, it's not a typo, it's illiterate people typing random words and relying on spellcheck to get them through the day. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the entire job of an editor was for human eyes to read the article BEFORE it goes to print and find these things. One or two mistakes per paper, I might not even notice. But like you say, it's more like one or two articles that DON'T have an error.

Oh well, rant mode off. I just wish we had a publisher that cared enough to give their very best, instead of they're vary beast.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Oh, 100% agree, and I am the last person to be pointing out typos. But when it's that consistent, it's not a typo, it's illiterate people typing random words and relying on spellcheck to get them through the day. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the entire job of an editor was for human eyes to read the article BEFORE it goes to print and find these things. One or two mistakes per paper, I might not even notice. But like you say, it's more like one or two articles that DON'T have an error.

Oh well, rant mode off. I just wish we had a publisher that cared enough to give their very best, instead of they're vary beast.
    I actually tend to make a game out of it. Another guy and I at work usually read the paper. I'll count how many errors I find and he does the same then we compare. There are no winners.

So Taco Mayo, Taco Bell, and Taco Bueno will all be right by each other. It will be interesting to see who survives.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Never cared for Jack in the Crack so glad to hear of the change.
    I kind of wondered if the quality control for Jack in the Box we have here is not nearly as good as other locations, since the couple times I went there it seemed terrible but there are still people that wish they had ones near them.

Wow. Kind of sad to hear that. Worked in Mustang early last year and ate at the Jack in the Box. Never had a problem with my food there. Was always good and well made. The only problem I had was getting whoever was taking the orders to actually get it right. I'd have to repeat myself and correct them a lot.

Thread Information