Widgets Magazine

Thread: City of OKC historic site preservation plan

1. Default City of OKC historic site preservation plan

According to the Journal Record's e-mail blast, the City of Oklahoma City will be holding a public forum Tuesday night as they consider formation of site-specific (as opposed to current district-specific) historic preservation guidelines. I no longer have a JR subscription; would someone who does please check out the story and summarize, along with time/location details for the event? Here's the link: Preservation plan: OKC to start shaping historic site guidelines | The Journal Record Thanks in advance.

Default Re: City of OKC historic site preservation plan

The article doesn't really represent what's going on. I found it confusing... This is the kick-off of a citywide historic preservation plan, including adding individual sites to a plan to ensure that their preservation is planned for.

Here's official information: https://www.okc.gov/news/2016_03/OKC...tion_plan.html

"preserveokc, our first citywide historic preservation plan, kicks off with a public discussion from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. April 5 in the Civic Center Music Hall’s Meinders Hall of Mirrors, 201 N Walker Ave. Doors open at 6 p.m."

3. Default Re: City of OKC historic site preservation plan

^^^^^^^
    Thanks for that. Super-glad to hear that this is happening.

Default Re: City of OKC historic site preservation plan

For reference, I keep up with a lot developments in various cities. Not the least of which is Toronto. This photo is for anyone who says it is too costly or it can't be saved.

This project was just approved.

I see these kinds of projects all the time here in LA, Toronto, Seattle, Vancouver, NYC, etc. Yes, those are very large cities, but that means nothing in this case. It. Can. Be. Done. I just wasn't as lazy as I usually am and decided to post this one here.

Thread Information