Widgets Magazine

Thread: Wayback Burgers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wayback Burgers

The Edmond Chamber of Commerce listed a Wayback Burgers at 3217 S. Broadway as a new member. Haven't heard of them before, but it looks like there are a lot of them on the east coast (and other places).
    Wayback Burgers

Default Re: Wayback Burgers

East Coast answer to In-N-Out? I'll have to try them out.

They are not open yet but they are going in the former Pita Pit location. According to their menu they only have yellow American cheese so I will skip them.

4. Default Re: Wayback Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    They are not open yet but they are going in the former Pita Pit location. According to their menu they only have yellow American cheese so I will skip them.
    I see Yellow American, White American, Swiss, & Pepper Jack..... I'm sure they are all processed versions of them but that's at least 75% more options than you said they have.

All I can say is, as a taxpayer I'm not ok with supplementing the health insurance of anyone who orders a triple triple, especially if they get a side of chili cheese fries with it. There should be a list! :P

6. Default Re: Wayback Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    All I can say is, as a taxpayer I'm not ok with supplementing the health insurance of anyone who orders a triple triple, especially if they get a side of chili cheese fries with it. There should be a list! :P
    HA! I'll sign a waiver to government mandated healthcare before I order one if it makes you sleep better at night.

But yeah... I did a double take when I saw that on the menu!

If we have to pay a sin tax for tanning, I think a sin tax for that burger wouldn't be terribly unfair.

Have you been to the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas? They have what any one who is looking for a heart attack served fresh wants lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Have you been to the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas? They have what any one who is looking for a heart attack served fresh wants lol
    I've not been but I am familiar with it. They have a scale at front and have actually had multiple folks have heart attacks there.

I represented the local franchise owner of Wayback in the lease there. I am excited for him. Great guy with a lot of experience.
    They are a great fast casual burger place!

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    I represented the local franchise owner of Wayback in the lease there. I am excited for him. Great guy with a lot of experience.
    They are a great fast casual burger place!
    Can you share any plans for future Metro locations?

Well, yes, they do have other kinds of cheese. That's good. Maybe I will swing by some day and get a bacon and swiss cheeseburger, there. Unfortunately, though, it basically looks like another fast food concept to compete with McDonald's and the like. I wonder if Carl's Jr. is better, or The Garage.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Well, yes, they do have other kinds of cheese. That's good. Maybe I will swing by some day and get a bacon and swiss cheeseburger, there. Unfortunately, though, it basically looks like another fast food concept to compete with McDonald's and the like. I wonder if Carl's Jr. is better, or The Garage.
    From what I understand, Wayback competes in a space more with 5 Guys, Smashburgers, or Fuddruckers.

14. Default Re: Wayback Burgers

From what I understand, Wayback competes in a space more with 5 Guys, Smashburgers, or Fuddruckers.
    Yeah... That was kind of my impression too.

Yes. You also get to eat for free if you're over like 250lbs or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Yes. You also get to eat for free if you're over like 250lbs or something.
    actually you eat free if over 350lbs. I get the gimmick but the whole concept is gross to me.
    not to sidetrack the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    actually you eat free if over 350lbs. I get the gimmick but the whole concept is gross to me.
    not to sidetrack the thread.
    I agree. I went and ordered a burger and I'm not usually the one to waste food, but I took one bite and after being covered in horse grease, I paid my tab and walked out.

It's disgusting. I had a group of friends that wanted to go. They cook the burgers in rendered burger grease, the bacon is fried in rendered bacon grease. I think the single stack is 2,000 calories alone. I couldn't even take a second bite. I'd rather do the buffet at binion's.

I have t head stories about people dying in the restaurant. But two "unofficial" spokesmen have died of heart disease. They were in the "I'm over 350 gimme my free birger" weight division.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    It's disgusting. I had a group of friends that wanted to go. They cook the burgers in rendered burger grease, the bacon is fried in rendered bacon grease. I think the single stack is 2,000 calories alone. I couldn't even take a second bite. I'd rather do the buffet at binion's.

I have t head stories about people dying in the restaurant. But two "unofficial" spokesmen have died of heart disease. They were in the "I'm over 350 gimme my free birger" weight division.
    I think they permanently closed recently.

Quote Originally Posted by OKIEDOKE View Post
    I think they permanently closed recently.
    They are still open.

21. Default Re: Wayback Burgers

Went and tried it last night.... Not a bad burger for a fast casual order at the counter place but nothing special either...... Seemed kind of like Five Guys Lite.

Did hear the manager say they were looking to open more locations and heard Norman and Midwest City mentioned.

Thread Information