Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lua (formerly The Pritchard)

Default Re: The Pritchard

I've always enjoyed it, but it is dead during weeknights.

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    I've always enjoyed it, but it is dead during weeknights.
    And that is what I loved about it, it was quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    And that is what I loved about it, it was quiet.
    Agreed, but I'm sure the owners feel a bit differently. I'll definitely try out the new concept.

While I've been going to Pritchard a lot since the beginning and will miss the current set up (going tonight for probably the last time), I'm also very excited for the new concept. Bar Arbolada's food has been consistently fantastic in my experience (the Palomatown hamburger is one of the best burgers in the city - and their more fresh offerings are also very tasty). No guarantees of course, but I have very high hopes for the new concept.

Blog Entries

Default Lua, Plaza District

We walk thru the Plaza every couple of days, and noticed that Lua ( the old Pritchard), had wine descriptions on the window, and wine bottles staged on a table in front. One was a rose cava from a producer that I had the blanco from, Naveran. So, I called, and you could buy it to go or drink on the patio, for basically the retail price. Wow, Oklahoma? So I walked 3 blocks and got a chilled bottle, very nice cava. Wine bars ala Paris, in OKC? Absolutely amazing!

Default Re: Lua (formerly The Pritchard)

Lua has been doing carryout and patio dining and will open its dining room the first week of July.

Lua is planning to reopen soon.

They were shooting for this week but decided to wait a bit for an undetermined date.

Blog Entries

They opened for plaza fest, but I'm not sure if it was them of if they allowed the space to be used as a popup.

Anybody had the gyros here, and if so, how do they compare to Gyros City Cafe's (they're our favorite, due to the spices, texture, thinness of the meat and good bread)?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Anybody had the gyros here, and if so, how do they compare to Gyros City Cafe's (they're our favorite, due to the spices, texture, thinness of the meat and good bread)?
    best gyro and schwarma I've ever had, been to Turkey a few times, is from the food truck on Portland and NW 37th Abu Omar Halal

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    best gyro and schwarma I've ever had, been to Turkey a few times, is from the food truck on Portland and NW 37th Abu Omar Halal
    Thought about trying them, but we prefer sliced-off-the-spit meat instead of chunks (had chunks at a couple of places here and it's just odd to me), which I believe Abu Omar does. They're just a mile from our place, so might have to give them a try, though, be closer than Gyros City when we need a fix, thx for the info.

Abu Omar Halal uses spits, lamb is so tender and seasoned perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Haven't had the gyros yet but the chicken schwarma is excellent- their drinks are also good. I wish they would do kebabs as appetizer option though

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    Thanks for the tip, had the lamb gyros sandwich tonight and the lamb is really good (I prefer lamb over lamb/beef or beef gyros), but the tzatziki sauce was a bit too garlicky for me (wife liked it, though). Whenever we're around Gyros City, we might stop by because their fries are better and I prefer their tzatziki, but Abu Omar is probably getting the bulk of our gyros business now.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Haven't had the gyros yet but the chicken schwarma is excellent- their drinks are also good. I wish they would do kebabs as appetizer option though
    Also thanks for the tip - now that my wife's gyros craving has been satisfied, we don't have to try it at Lua, so I'll probably give their shawarma a try.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    I got the gyro with extra lamb, cheese, extra sauce and it was amazing...so much flavor. Lamb there is super tender

I tried the gyros sandwich at Lua today and it was just OK - instead of lettuce, tomato, onion, feta on top, they do halved cherry tomatoes, lettuce, Persian salad, and charge $1 extra for feta (which I got). Meat was pretty bland, although a good texture. Tzatziki sauce was better than the garlicky one at Abu Omar, however. Wife got the chicken sharawarma wrap and I had a bite and it was better than the gyros. Fries were better than at Gyro City or Abu Omar, but Abu Omar's gyros still taste the best that I've had here in OKC. We'll go back to Lua, but not for gyros...

Thread Information