Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zaxby's

Large Chain Zaxby's

More fast food and more chicken on the way.

http://www.zaxbys.com/home.aspx

Not balking at expansion: Zaxby’s plans 28 chicken restaurants in OKC area
    By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record December 3, 2014 0

OKLAHOMA CITY – Georgia-based franchisee Sterling Coleman has signed Zaxby’s largest single agreement, which will bring 28 fast casual chicken restaurants to the Oklahoma City metro area over the next five to seven years.

“We’ve been looking at that market for quite some time,” said Robert Baxley, chief operating officer of the Athens, Georgia-based company. “We felt like it was an important market for us. We were very fortunate to attract the interest of Sterling Coleman.”

Coleman has been with Zaxby’s in Georgia for 11 years, with stores in Cobb, Clayton and Fulton counties, near Atlanta. Zaxby’s offers prepared-at-order chicken fingers, wings, sandwiches, salads, appetizers and nine different sauces, ranging in spiciness from wimpy to nuclear and insane.

“For me to be able to expand and grow the way I want to with this brand, I have to figure out what state I want to go into,” Coleman said. “I looked at some of the faster-growing cities in the Midwest and I thought that Oklahoma City would be a great place to come and do business in the quick-service market.”

Coleman has purchased a former Long John Silver’s property at 1839 W. Main St. in Norman, and will demolish the building to construct a new restaurant. The store is expected to open in summer 2015. The Oklahoma stores will be among the company’s first with its new farmhouse design concept.

Coleman plans to build three to four stores in 2015, four to five stores in 2016, and complete his expansion in several years.

“The goal is to get 28 up in six years,” he said. “Five years would be even better.”

He said he likes to build his stores from the ground up, though he has renovated an existing restaurant.

In the last few years, Oklahoma has seen Raising Cane’s expand in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Broken Arrow, and Owasso. Coleman said the two companies often exist in the same market, and there’s room for both. Zaxby’s is not a stranger to being in the same market as a quick-service chicken restaurant chain, sharing a home state with Chick-Fil-A.

“If there’s a good chicken market, we feel like we could play or do well in those markets,” Coleman said. “We feel like we’ll really come in and make a big splash.”

Baxley said his company does not compete directly with Cane’s; rather, they complement each other.

“There’s room for everybody,” he said. “We have more variety. It opens us up to a larger demographic when people can have a lot of options. We have a broader customer base and a broad catering menu.”

Nationwide, Zaxby’s is expanding west as it approaches its 25th anniversary. It started its expansion in 2007 in Texas, and then into Utah, where it has four locations. The company has more than 600 stores, owning and operating 20 percent, with the rest operated by franchisees.

The Norman store won’t be the first Zaxby’s in the state. By December’s end or early January, Ben Williams Sr. and his son, Ben Williams Jr. will open their Tulsa store, 6995 S. Mingo Rd.

Default Re: Zaxby's

This is good news. I ate Zaxby's quite frequently when I lived in Charlotte. It will be good to have them here. I prefer them to Chick Fil-A.

People in Norman swear by Cane's. I always tell them Zaxby's is better. Now they can try it for themselves.

Zaxby's sauce is the best thing ever! Glad they are finally coming to OKC!

this is great news, the SEC is taking over Big 12 country lol

Well this is beyond exciting! One of the things I missed about not being in SC!

If it's better than Chic-Fil-A, then I'll be happy cause it'll be open on Sundays.

I don't care for Cains ( chicken has no flavor ) and I don't eat Chic-fil-a so this is good news.. look forward to trying it.

Default Zaxbys!!!!!!!!!!!

Zaxbys has announced their coming to Oklahoma. Looks like Norman is slated to receive one. Zaxbys is the king if chicken fingers in the southeast and will easily give Caines and Chick Fila a good run.

Zaxby?s Lands in Oklahoma - Restaurant News - QSR magazine

Default Zaxbys!

I saw that Zaxbys has announced to finally break into the Oklahoma market. If you're not aware of Zaxbys... take Caines and make it a billion times better

Anyone have any insight if Moore is slated to receive one? I saw Norman and Midwest City are getting one.

Zaxby?s Lands in Oklahoma - Restaurant News - QSR magazine

With 28 locations, I'm sure Moore will get at least one or two.

Plans for Norman location are out for bid to General Contractors. I would estimate mid to late summer opening time frame

Default Re: Zaxbys!

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    I saw that Zaxbys has announced to finally break into the Oklahoma market.
    They are already in the Oklahoma market. They have a location in Tulsa.

Default Zaxby's - Main Street

On my way to work this morning I noticed a new building popping up on the old site of either the former car wash or former Long John Silver's on Main St. with a sign said it will be a Zaxby's. My first thought was, "Sweet, new place to eat", Second thought, "Geez, another fast food chicken restaurant with an orange colored sauce"

edit-- My bad, didn't realize there was a thread on Zaxby's in the Restaurant forum.

for me Cane's is a bad knock off of zaxbys.. Zaxbys chicken actually has flavor.. I can't stand Canes as the chicken is fresh but has no seasoning.
    I look forward to Zaxbys being closer to me!

Just filed a building permit application for 6017 W. Reno:

West Reno location is bidding for General Contractors next week. For the Oklahoma City fans out there should be complete late summer / early fall time frame.

I hope Zaxby's is as good as you say it is. If so I can add it to my Norman rotation. How does it compare to Golden Chick? I ate at the GC in Gainesville last summer and really enjoyed it.

I'm sure they'll be pleased to meet their new neighbors.

http://http://newsok.com/article/5420264?slideout=1

Just looked over their menu online, it does have a lot more than Canes. Looks pretty tasty.

I want signs in the area noting everything between 24th and 26th, from Penn to Villa, as the "Fried Chicken District."

Interesting that the Pizza House building stays. I can't think of another fast food chain that has built without fronting a major road.

Glad this location is being added. I don't care for Cains as it really has no seasoning, but I love Zaxbys!. we usually eat golden chick on 23rd if we are in the mood for chicken but its hit or miss. not sad to see that apartment building go away either as it has been a problem for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    Glad this location is being added. I don't care for Cains as it really has no seasoning, but I love Zaxbys!. we usually eat golden chick on 23rd if we are in the mood for chicken but its hit or miss. not sad to see that apartment building go away either as it has been a problem for a while.
    Apartment building is not going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    I want signs in the area noting everything between 24th and 26th, from Penn to Villa, as the "Fried Chicken District."
    Yes!

Chicken Row? Deep Chicken? Chicken Alley? Chicktown? The Chick? Chicken Hill?

And then Gatewood could be renamed SoCA (south of Chicken Alley).

Thread Information