Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 131415161718

Thread: Strawberry Fields

Default Re: Strawberry Fields

This is all sorts of yuck.

Awesome! Does that mean burring powerlines and water/sewage construction? Once awarded will we see activity on that property?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    City is set to award the Strawberry Fields owners $16 million in TIF money for "underground infrastructure".
    What a joke. Overpay for land, show fancy renderings but have no real viable plan, beg the city for money to just get something going.

City is set to award the Strawberry Fields owners $16 million in TIF money for "underground infrastructure".
    They’re going to need way more than 16 million to make it work. I figure the streets alone would be 100+ million. Hopefully the bury the utility lines.

^

I'm sure this will not be the last ask.

They'll probably ask for TIF for every new building they plan.

Weird to see TIF money spent on a project that up until now and into at least the near term future has been real estate vaporware.

^

So all I gotta do is come up with some fancy renderings and boom I’m paid millions in TIF money? I’m in the wrong industry lol.

I jest but hopefully this kicks start this thing.

Blog Entries

Is this water and sewer, or electrical?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Is this water and sewer, or electrical?
    The TIF resolution does not provide any further details other than the approximate boundaries (OKC Boulevard, SW 7th, Hudson and Shartel).

^

TIF will be given before or after the construction? If it's after, nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    TIF will be given before or after the construction? If it's after, nothing to worry about.
    This whole area has been pretty shady from the get go and so, while I hope it works out and I certainly think it could, I also don't know that allocating large chunks of TIF here, much of which will need to be borrowed from other funds and potentially create interest for the city, is really unappetizing with the group that has overseen this area.

Not going to argue TIF as it has been hashed out in great detail in other threads.

I think the reason for SF being a dud so far is that there’s not enough market demand for the products they have available. The Lucy is about 30K +/- of additional Class A office space in an office market that already has significant vacancies. It was listed by a reputable local broker to no avail. The US supply building was listed for lease or sale, again with no takers. A huge reputable firm listed a large tract for SF that wasn’t purchased (likely due to the huge amount of land listed in the immediate area by other owners). In general I don’t think what’s going on here is sketchy but rather is being driven by market forces. BUT, I would like some more answers on the TIF and why plans haven’t been filed for the former goodwill site. I have a feeling we may have some answers to the latter sooner than later.

^^
    Build a top notch high school or magnet school in downtown and people will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    Not going to argue TIF as it has been hashed out in great detail in other threads.

I think the reason for SF being a dud so far is that there’s not enough market demand for the products they have available. The Lucy is about 30K +/- of additional Class A office space in an office market that already has significant vacancies. It was listed by a reputable local broker to no avail. The US supply building was listed for lease or sale, again with no takers. A huge reputable firm listed a large tract for SF that wasn’t purchased (likely due to the huge amount of land listed in the immediate area by other owners). In general I don’t think what’s going on here is sketchy but rather is being driven by market forces. BUT, I would like some more answers on the TIF and why plans haven’t been filed for the former goodwill site. I have a feeling we may have some answers to the latter sooner than later.
    Just to be sure, when I said "shady" what I meant to convey was not that anything is nefarious, just that they have absolutely nothing to show for what they've put out there and we're many years into this. Now you're asking for $16M in TIF and no one has evidence or a track record that this will come together in any way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Just to be sure, when I said "shady" what I meant to convey was not that anything is nefarious, just that they have absolutely nothing to show for what they've put out there and we're many years into this. Now you're asking for $16M in TIF and no one has evidence or a track record that this will come together in any way shape or form.
    Got it, sorry for the misunderstanding! I think you bring up a valid point for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I know this is stating the obvious but they need more population to make their other projects work. They need large residential apartments. There is market demand for apartments. SF want to build units that don't have demand in a post COVID era.

Heard from a reliable source that two buildings are under design review with the city and a large apartment complex is planned. If this has been stated previously, my apologies.

Thread Information