Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Strawberry Fields

Default Re: Strawberry Fields

Some good news: they've paid all their property tax for 2019. Looks like most payments were made at the first of November.

Their website is also back on-line.

Still though, absolutely nothing happening on those nearly 100 lots:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Some good news: they've paid all their property tax for 2019. Looks like most payments were made at the first of November.

Their website is also back on-line.

Still though, absolutely nothing happening on those nearly 100 lots:

'She has acquired 278 lots, more than 75 percent of the properties between the future Oklahoma City Boulevard, Shartel Avenue, Interstate 40 and the west boundary of Oklahoma City's Scissortail Park along Hudson Avenue.'

This is posted on thier website.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    'She has acquired 278 lots, more than 75 percent of the properties between the future Oklahoma City Boulevard, Shartel Avenue, Interstate 40 and the west boundary of Oklahoma City's Scissortail Park along Hudson Avenue.'

So if she dies, her company goes bust, her money runs out (substitute them for her if she has partners), etc., won't all those lots be split up and sold off to whoever wants that specific part/lot and her consolidation would all be for naught? I just can't see the point of all her acquisitions if something like that happens.

Let's hope that no one dies, and I would assume that this would be a personal business partnership agreement scenario that none of us likely know the answer to this conceptual scenario.

My personal opinon : Let's not refer to local friends or leaders hypothetically "dying" OKCTalk. This is one of the stranger comments I have read in my time browsing here. This would be a tragedy.

I don't believe that anyone plans on dying or running out of money, but obviously, the partnership and future of the real estate would be at immediate risk.

^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by urbanCOWBOY View Post
    Let's hope that no one dies, and I would assume that this would be a personal business partnership agreement scenario that none of us likely know the answer to this conceptual scenario.

My personal opinon : Let's not refer to local friends or leaders hypothetically "dying" OKCTalk. This is one of the stranger comments I have read in my time browsing here. This would be a tragedy.

I don't believe that anyone plans on dying or running out of money, but obviously, the partnership and future of the real estate would be at immediate risk.
    We all die and have to plan for the future, why ignore that? Think about what a mess Aubrey McClendon left when he (most likely) killed himself. I was just wondering if it was better or not that she's spent so much time buying all these lots, what if development on this site was hampered because she sat on everything forever and nothing ever happened and then it gets all split up again and ......?

7. Default Re: Strawberry Fields

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    We all die and have to plan for the future, why ignore that? Think about what a mess Aubrey McClendon left when he (most likely) killed himself. I was just wondering if it was better or not that she's spent so much time buying all these lots, what if development on this site was hampered because she sat on everything forever and nothing ever happened and then it gets all split up again and ......?
    Aubrey’s affairs were going to be a mess whether he was dead or alive.

As for these lots, I’m sure the presumptive heirs wouldn’t hate inheriting that many prime lots and receiving a step-up in-basis to boot. Not the worst problem to have, imo.

8. Default Re: Strawberry Fields

So if she dies, her company goes bust, her money runs out (substitute them for her if she has partners), etc., won't all those lots be split up and sold off to whoever wants that specific part/lot and her consolidation would all be for naught? I just can't see the point of all her acquisitions if something like that happens.
    If she dies and the property is owned by a corporate entity, the corporation lives on unless specific plans were otherwise laid out.

Blog Entries

What if a meteor hits OKC? Will she own the crater. Or if she’s killed by the meteor will it be owned by 20 people?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    What if a meteor hits OKC? Will she own the crater. Or if she’s killed by the meteor will it be owned by 20 people?
    Also Rover:

Anyone who criticizes Edmond at all

* DONT CrItIciCiZe EdMOnD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Also Rover:

Anyone who criticizes Edmond at all

* DONT CrItIciCiZe EdMOnD
    I criticize comments and worries that are without basis. I criticize spreading wrong information and amplification of wrong stereotypes of many things. I criticize misinformation based on agendas.

I criticize comments and worries that are without basis. I criticize spreading wrong information and amplification of wrong stereotypes of many things. I criticize misinformation based on agendas.
    How old is Pat Salame?

No you’re just arrogant.

Double post

How old is Pat Salame?
    It doesn't matter how old she is, what matters is her ability to develop next to a wonderful central park.

It doesn't matter how old she is, what matters is her ability to develop next to a wonderful central park.
    Which is completely in question.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    No you’re just arrogant.
    So, having knowledge, experience, and context of situations and disputing wild, unsubstantiated or uninformed statements is arrogant in your book? We have a bunch of arrogant posters on this site then. And, we have a lot of people who just speculate and throw out stuff.

I wish I could disagree. I am rooting for her though, come on Pat, just one development of substance! Just one lot with construction equipment on it.

I wish I could disagree. I am rooting for her though, come on Pat, just one development of substance! Just one lot with construction equipment on it.
    Absolutely, me too, that was kind of my point - I really want this (or some form of it) to succeed, but nothing is giving me warm fuzzies about it at all, it's just a bunch of land at this point.

We'll see if the city can strike a deal for the soccer stadium.

If not, then I don't think anything is going to happen here for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    We'll see if the city can strike a deal for the soccer stadium.

If not, then I don't think anything is going to happen here for a long time.
    I seem to remember a lot of talk at the MAPS 4 council meetings from the council members and the public that the stadium should be on "the south side."

Quote Originally Posted by AnguisHerba View Post
    I seem to remember a lot of talk at the MAPS 4 council meetings from the council members and the public that the stadium should be on "the south side."
    All the property in Strawberry Fields is on the southside. Reno is the dividing line.

But yes, there has been a lot of talk of putting it south of I-40 which may still happen.

The old Producers Coop is another obvious choice, albeit an expensive one.

This might help explain some of the difference in lot number: I learned when I lived in the near north side in the 1990s that lots in the central city were usually very narrow in the early days of OKC. Something like 20-25 feet wide by 100-150 feet deep, as I recall. So, an average house in Heritage Hills East or Mesta Park might be on 4 lots. I'm guessing this area is set up the same.

It may be 278 lots but it's listed in the county assessor as under 100 separate properties.

Often, properties are comprised of more than one platted lot, my own home included.

Thread Information