Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Strawberry Fields

Blog Entries

Default Re: Strawberry Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I messaged them about when these buildings were to start construction and they indicated they are in the works so hopefully they start soon! All of these buildings could be a boon to the area. Perhaps the city could commit matching TIF funds if this development group puts up half to reconstruct every street in this like P180.
    Maybe if Strawberry Fields loans the money to the city like Devon, they can start redoing the streets right away

Is it true that Mick Cornett pushed for this to be renamed Oklahoma City Fields ??

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Very similar to what Chesapeake did under Aubrey McClendon for the better part of a decade.

And ultimately, even after holding them for quite a while, almost all were then sold off for a fraction of what was spent.
    Sorry, addressing an old post here, but CHK+AKM mainly did this in an area they were pioneering that was substantially further away from any area that had momentum and while they certainly did not make their money, there has certainly been success in that area continuing to flourish, in large part thanks to the millions of dollars that were essentially pilfered from stockholders. Actually was a great deal for OKC at, likely, the cost of coastal elites.

Strawberry Fields, is paying substantially more to get in on the renaissance of downtown and urban OKC as a whole. They "found" a niche area probably 3 to 5 years too late, and are paying prices that they should have been paying 3 to 5 years in the future to make a killing off the deals. That being said, the value is absolutely going to be there and doesn't really rest on them propelling a whole area forward almost by themselves. Strawberry Fields has a 9 figure park within walking distance and the best connectivity to the rest of downtown that the area has seen in decades.

It seems like to me what they really need to do is drop the big dollars to buy the park facing land just north of the streetcar facility, and then land swap as much as they can to have 6 to 8 contiguous blocks between Lee/Hudson and 4th/7th as possible.

^

Strawberry Fields and Mazaheri are working together and now do collectively own that land north of the streetcar facility.

Any updates on any of the announced projects here?

I'm starting to think that my only talent is finding old renderings of developments lol. Nonetheless, they give some insight into the general idea/goal of the development.

https://www.callisonrtkl.com/project...wberry-fields/

Something like that would be amazing. Even if just the buildings bordering the park.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF2.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	477.3 KB 
ID:	16084 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	16085

The second picture is a screenshot from the strawberry fields website. If you look closely you can see that the "Parkside District" actually resembles pretty closely what the rendering shows. I honestly have no idea how old the Callison renderings are but they do show an accurate depiction of the Omni as it was constructed so they're surely somewhat recent.

^

That's a great talent and it's appreciated.

From one of those renderings, this is the property (the SW corner of Hudson and the Boulevard) that Mazaheri and Strawberry Fields are required by the city to develop in the near future. I have heard it will be mid-rise housing.

Although I'm sure this is just broadly conceptual, this will almost certainly be the first property developed and it at least gives a hint of what is to come.

And then some of these apparently have rooftop pools. If I counted correctly, that building closer to the interstate will have around fifteen floors. The others will be around 12-15 high. Now imagine the future infill for the city just on the other side of the boulevard, possibly a highrise or two. Wow, OKC is gonna be drop-dead gorgeous in fifteen years.

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    And then some of these apparently have rooftop pools. If I counted correctly, that building closer to the interstate will have around fifteen floors. The others will be around 12-15 high. Now imagine the future infill for the city just on the other side of the boulevard, possibly a highrise or two. Wow, OKC is gonna be drop-dead gorgeous in fifteen years.
    If it isn't bankrupt by then.

I would be surprised, better yet shocked if 25% of this property gets developed in the next 10 years.

13. Default Re: Strawberry Fields

^I will be shocked at 10%.

Thanks Pete.

This is definitely going to take a long time to develop but given its size and OKC's slow & steady growth trends I wouldn't be shocked if its somewhere between 10-20% developed in 10 years. To me that's fine because good things take time. The biggest draw imo is its location. Walking distance from Scissortail, Myriad Gardens, Omni, Convention Center, The Peake, West Village Area, and the CBD.

I did more digging and it looks like this is in fact the current masterplan.
    ( https://www.strawberryfieldsok.com/our-vision )

Is it just me or does this seem like a massive money laundering scheme? Maybe I've been watching too much Ozark...

Why so skeptical? Over the last (roughly) 10 years OKC has added 2 skyscrapers, Omni, convention center, scissortail park, each district has grown so much. Is Strawberry Fields that far from reality?

17. Default Re: Strawberry Fields

I think it has to do with how long we have known about this plan where literally nothing has happened. The first post on this thread was 4 years ago.

I suppose it's more of cautious optimism with the economy and the whole Covid-19 situation. It does take some years to recover from a pandemic this deadly.

Kind of tired of hearing anything about Strawberry until we see something done. All they've done is paid a ton of money for property and ask people for investment money and flash a few fancy renderings.

They have 3 “active” projects they are building which are pretty small sized developments yet no physical movement on them since they were announced years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They have 3 “active” projects they are building which are pretty small sized developments yet no physical movement on them since they were announced years ago.
    Actions speak and the first real action is filing for building permits and that hasn't happened on any of their properties.

Loads and loads of developers put together renderings and even make announcements in the hope they can find tenants *then* build. But once building permits are filed, they have actual plans drawn and hard money has been spent.

Really hope they do all types of great things with all this property, but this is a very clear distinction (actual action vs. promotion) that few understand and this site is the only place where that sort of thing is monitored and reported on.

^^^ oh you know which 3 developments I’m referring to? For some reason I thought they had filed for permits they just never built anything. So this entity isn’t filed a single building permit for anything?

Speculative renderings and designs are just that, speculative. I’ve seen enough throughout the last ten-15 years to know, never get your hopes up until money is secured and dirt starts turning.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    Thanks Pete.

This is definitely going to take a long time to develop but given its size and OKC's slow & steady growth trends I wouldn't be shocked if its somewhere between 10-20% developed in 10 years. To me that's fine because good things take time. The biggest draw imo is its location. Walking distance from Scissortail, Myriad Gardens, Omni, Convention Center, The Peake, West Village Area, and the CBD.

I did more digging and it looks like this is in fact the current masterplan.
    ( https://www.strawberryfieldsok.com/our-vision )
    With all due respect, good things seem to take an extra long amount of time in OKC. Having gone through the filing process with our city, I feel like that is one big reason why construction takes so long. Every single nook and cranny is checked by inspectors are multiple levels throughout the building process and there's no rhyme or reason on how one inspector considers passing versus failing. As one inspector told me once, it depends who you get and if they are in a good mood. If you fail an inspection, you can end up waiting up to 2-3 weeks before they come out again. By the end of the process, you don't even want to think about building/renovating anything else simply to avoid the entire process. I'm all for safety measures, but it seems to be overkill here in OKC. And no, it's not the same everywhere, cause we are dealing with permits in Dallas and it's a lot easier and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
    With all due respect, good things seem to take an extra long amount of time in OKC. Having gone through the filing process with our city, I feel like that is one big reason why construction takes so long. Every single nook and cranny is checked by inspectors are multiple levels throughout the building process and there's no rhyme or reason on how one inspector considers passing versus failing. As one inspector told me once, it depends who you get and if they are in a good mood. If you fail an inspection, you can end up waiting up to 2-3 weeks before they come out again. By the end of the process, you don't even want to think about building/renovating anything else simply to avoid the entire process. I'm all for safety measures, but it seems to be overkill here in OKC. And no, it's not the same everywhere, cause we are dealing with permits in Dallas and it's a lot easier and faster.
    THIS is what’s up. I got that tshirt.

Thread Information