Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Shell at SE Corner NW 63rd & May

Default Former Shell at SE Corner NW 63rd & May

Noticed that the old Shell was being taken down. Anybody know what is going in there?

Default Re: Former Shell at SE Corner NW 63rd & May

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Noticed that the old Shell was being taken down. Anybody know what is going in there?
    Really curious about this as well, it has a for sale sign on the property now. That parking lot is way bigger than needed at that end of the shopping center, I'd love to see them sell a little more space so that an oncue could go in.

The property is owned by the same group out of Dallas that owns all of the French Market Mall.

I suspect they are just clearing to sell the land or more likely, do some sort of ground lease.

4. Default Re: Former Shell at SE Corner NW 63rd & May

I just drove by there on the way home from pool league. That station always seemed busy. Not that that's the only factor for keeping a business open but it helps.

5. Default Re: Former Shell at SE Corner NW 63rd & May

Quote Originally Posted by FourStarFitness View Post
    I'd love to see them sell a little more space so that an oncue could go in.
    I wonder if Oncue would put one that close to Hefner & May until that one is established. I could see 7-11 going there and closing the tiny store off May a bit south of there.

CBRE Mark Inman has his sign up. They typically do sales. A very good firm. I used to live over there before downsizing to paseo.(I didn't want to live near those weirdos in mesta and couldn't afford HH...also pretty weird) and it was the only decent gas station for miles around.

^

Inman has the entire center for lease and has for a while.

it's definitely precarious. I think the sam's club(plus gas station) just down the road threatens all the anchor tenants. Even the not-so. The shopping center across the street has been suffering for years. Big Lots, Akin's, Petsmart, Mademoiselle fitness and several thousand feet unleased for years? At least a few of those tenants might suffer a coupe de grace from Sam's

If I had to take a wild guess I would hope that 7-Eleven might purchase the corner and replace the hidden store that is located at NW 59th St & May Ave. I'm not sure if the Brown family would actually pony up the money to purchase the very expensive location to do this.

sewage problems i was told didnt want to fix the problem either

11. Default Re: Former Shell at SE Corner NW 63rd & May

I read on Nextdoor that Chicken Express is going in at 63rd and N May.

Interesting as they just opened one on M May just north of Hefner.

13. Default Re: Former Shell at SE Corner NW 63rd & May

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Interesting as they just opened one on M May just north of Hefner.
    That one is a Golden Chicken. Different chain.

This will be a Raising Cane's.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This will be a Raising Cane's.
    Ugh. How many chicken places does one city need?

I guess they all keep doing well, because they keep opening them up. Just saw a rotisserie chicken place in the old Radio Shack spot at Penn and Memorial.

I work right down the street from this and currently have a 101.3 degree fever and on some meds and this is the best news I've had all day. I might actually cry. I no longer will have to drive all the way to 23rd for my delicious Cane's addiction.

18. Default Re: Former Shell at SE Corner NW 63rd & May

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    I no longer will have to drive all the way to 23rd for my delicious Cane's addiction.
    But that's half of the adventure!!!

Seriously though, I hope you get to feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    I work right down the street from this and currently have a 101.3 degree fever and on some meds and this is the best news I've had all day. I might actually cry. I no longer will have to drive all the way to 23rd for my delicious Cane's addiction.
    Which shows why there are so many new chicken options. I went to a Raising Cane's once and have never been back. It did nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Which shows why there are so many new chicken options. I went to a Raising Cane's once and have never been back. It did nothing for me.
    Hey man, power to ya. I love Cane's though. While I was at OU, I would go to the Little Caesar's on Alameda and get a hot and ready, then go to Cane's and purchase a 21 oz. cup of Cane's cause. Me and my roommates would have a blast those nights.

But anyway, Cane's is delicious. It's quick. It's a great lunch place for me. The Chik-Fil-A right across the street from this routinely has 30+ cars in line during its lunch rush, so I think this is a great move by Cane's. Poach some of those ignorant Chik-Fil-A folk.

Blog Entries

Never been a fan of Canes. Too much breading. Guess I'm one of those ignorant Chic-Fil-A Folks. If we don't agree we must be ignorant, right?

Yes you are Rover. You lifestyle decisions are wrong and very concerning to me. I can not understand how you won't eat at Canes. It's amazing chicken.

23. Default Re: Former Shell at SE Corner NW 63rd & May

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Never been a fan of Canes. Too much breading. Guess I'm one of those ignorant Chic-Fil-A Folks. If we don't agree we must be ignorant, right?
    I'm with ya Rover. Tried Canes a couple times and was not a fan. Chic-Fil-A or good old KFC original recipe for me.

I'm a fan of both. There aren't any Raising Cane's in NorCal, so I eat Chick-fil-A way more, but I always take an opportunity to eat at Raising Cane's when I can. I guess I'm ignorant with a cool twist?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerSoftail View Post
    . Chic-Fil-A or good old KFC original recipe for me.
    These two and Popeyes is the Chicken trifecta for me

Thread Information