Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Good Times (formerly Fat Dog)

Default Re: Fat Dog

I had the hot link when I went on Thursday and it was almost too big to eat. Certainly couldn't pick it up.

2. Default Re: Fat Dog

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I had the hot link when I went on Thursday and it was almost too big to eat. Certainly couldn't pick it up.
    Same with the Fat Dog.... I wouldn't even attempt to pick it up if I was wearing a bib!

I'll have to go back and have the hotlink soon then based on you and Pete's descriptions.

The hot link was grilled and split.

There were actually two of them kind of overlapping on the bun, which was delicious too.

I shouldn't have eaten it all but it was so good I had to finish it off.

4. Default Re: Fat Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The hot link was grilled and split.
    Alright... You got me at grilled and split.... Add some cheese and a butter toasted bun and I'm golden!

the only thing that gave me pause on the hotlink ( I love hotlinks ) was the name on the menu..lol... Red rocket is not a good menu item name in a dog themed establishment..lol

6. Default Re: Fat Dog

Pretty much everything on the menu is dog-themed double entendre. I mean, you can order lots of items doggy style, fercryinoutloud.

OH I get it..lol.. and had my nachos Doggy style..

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    the only thing that gave me pause on the hotlink ( I love hotlinks ) was the name on the menu..lol... Red rocket is not a good menu item name in a dog themed establishment..lol
    Restaurants. Between this and Raising Cane's Lemon Party signs and t-shirts....

9. Default Re: Fat Dog

Went and had the hotlink for lunch today and added cheese to it. First thing I checked was to see if it was one link, or two as others have said they were served, and mine was one huge link.

The chef came out and asked how it was so I asked where he was getting these huge Schwab's hotlinks and he told me they are being custom made for them which is what I suspected when I saw it as I've never seen a footlong, possibly longer, hotlink before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3123.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	12552 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3124.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	12553

^

And, what did you think of it?

When I had that dish a couple of weeks ago, it was definitely two links grafted together on one bun but I suspect since then their custom ordering is in place.

Did you notice if they have their liquor license yet?

Patio is pretty much done now.

That's how mine was. One long link. I didn't know I could add cheese. I will be doing that next time.

been meaning to hit this place up for lunch but keep forgetting about it... -M

13. Default Re: Fat Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

And, what did you think of it?

When I had that dish a couple of weeks ago, it was definitely two links grafted together on one bun but I suspect since then their custom ordering is in place.

Did you notice if they have their liquor license yet?

Patio is pretty much done now.
    Well it was a Schwab's hot link... So I thought it was great and was glad they had American cheese to add to it because that's how I've always eaten them. =+)

It's very possible they just got their custom links in and I'm pretty sure this super link is bigger than two original links.

Did not see any liquor behind the bar yet. Only beer...... They were also serving iced tea in glasswear instead of the plastic logo cups today.

^

I really liked the bun they use too.

That looks good, really good.

Went last night and had the hot link as well. It is huge and delicious!. I should have added cheese!
    also tried the Mac and cheese which is great as well!
    Drinks were served in glasses not plastic logo cups and my partner asked for a togo drink ( drives me crazy he asks for one EVERYWHERE) they gave him a logo cup and said that was the last one until new order gets in. so think they may be going back to logo cups just out at the moment.

Has it been pretty busy? Anybody been during weekday lunch yet?

18. Default Re: Fat Dog

I forgot to mention they were doing a pretty brisk business when I was there with probably about a 50/50 mix of new customers and repeat customers from listening to the waitress interact with people.

We randomly met the chef at Sidecar last week - awesome guy, hilarious! Needless to say we'll be checking this place out ASAP. If only it was a bit shorter of a walk - but then again that might make it more dangerous!

bump

Stopped by there yesterday. They got their liquor license a week ago and should start getting some stuff soon.

Ordered the nachos, which I thought were okay. May try again with steak next time.

Also ordered the hot link. Man that thing is long, and good! Fries were a little too salty, same with the chips that came with the chips and salsa. Friend liked the pork wings.

Tons of specials during thunder games. Look forward to giving it another go

22. Default Re: Fat Dog

They must've been operating the bar under a catering license because they've had booze for at least several weeks. I had drinks there a couple of weekends ago.

They have liquor, but they didn't have anything on draft. Everything was bottled or can.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    They have liquor, but they didn't have anything on draft. Everything was bottled or can.
    And all 3.2 I believe.

If you haven't tried this place yet and perhaps wants some incentive.
    I buy these things all the time from Sweet deals.. they are a great deal for sure.

http://www.sweetdealscumulus.com/category/local

Thread Information