Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314

Thread: Broadway Park

1. Default Re: Broadway Park

hope so chs
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: Broadway Park

Still nothing here. Just turn these into some condos, IMO. Although I am sure putting more money into this place is the last thing you feel like doing.

https://www.priceedwards.com/sites/d...or_Lease_1.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Still nothing here. Just turn these into some condos, IMO. Although I am sure putting more money into this place is the last thing you feel like doing.

Putting a brighter coat of paint on it may help a bit, making it look less bulky and easier to the eyes. The whole thing is a disaster.

Are their prices in line with everything else? There is a retail/restaurant space on the 1st floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Are their prices in line with everything else? There is a retail/restaurant space on the 1st floor.
    Slightly below market price, but seems like not a lot of interests.

Did it get painted when constructed? If not then no thanks to the painting idea, leaving it the natural brick is a far better plan.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Did it get painted when constructed? If not then no thanks to the painting idea, leaving it the natural brick is a far better plan.
    I'm actively looking for a space to open an upscale restaurant, this is a great option price and location wise, but that black, blue, and red combination really turns me off, it doesn't work for my concept, it looks cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I'm actively looking for a space to open an upscale restaurant, this is a great option price and location wise, but that black, blue, and red combination really turns me off, it doesn't work for my concept, it looks cheap.
    That's not an argument for creating a permanent maintenance requirement by painting unpainted brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    From an accounting standpoint, unless you think the color will scare away more customers than the cost of painting and upkeep of said paint of the brick, I think location and price would rule out.

Default Broadway Park Building?

Anybody know what is up with the Broadway Park - Marland Oils Building on Broadway and Park?
    Seems like the building has been completed for a while but no tenants. Also seems like a perfect mixed use spot for apartments.

Default Re: Broadway Park Building?

Quote Originally Posted by rconnc View Post
    Anybody know what is up with the Broadway Park - Marland Oils Building on Broadway and Park?
    Seems like the building has been completed for a while but no tenants. Also seems like a perfect mixed use spot for apartments.
    Welcome to the site!

They have been trying to lease it for some time.

I did see plans for a bar on the ground floor but not sure of the operator.

I think they should just turn the 'offices' into apartments for AirBNBs or long term rentals. Basically do what they did with the Left Frame Lofts in Film Row.

EDIT: Oh yea, I already mentioned this on this same page actually, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post

Does anyone have any insight as to why it's not being rented out? I realize the design is......polarizing....but is commercial demand just that bad right now? Or are they asking way too much for rent and not willing to budge? Looks like Allison Barta Bailey is the listing agent, who obviously knows what she is doing, but the whole thing is just interesting. Would think there would be at least someone wanting brand new office space if the price were right.

^

It's interesting since the Benz building right across the street has had no trouble landing some big office tenants plus a nice restaurant and a bank.

I've noticed that as of at a couple of weeks ago, if not longer, there is now signage for an upcoming business called Shots On Rocks. Glad to see something going in on the ground level. Anyone know anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    I've noticed that as of at a couple of weeks ago, if not longer, there is now signage for an upcoming business called Shots On Rocks. Glad to see something going in on the ground level. Anyone know anything about this?
    It's a small bar with no social media presence.

I've been by several times and they progress has been incredibly slow -- not sure if they are still moving forward.

Looks like this building finally has a tenant.

NextEra Energy is taking the entire 5th floor along with that great outdoor patio.

What a strange setup... Only 14 desks and 75% of the space is for "colab space" or conference rooms. I bet they plan to rent out the bar area/colab space/outdoor patio for events.

https://www.nexteraenergy.com/

it looks like they would have the ability to seal off the back office space .. during an event ..

19. Default Re: Broadway Park

Such an...unfortunate design to that building.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looks like this building finally has a tenant.

NextEra Energy is taking the entire 5th floor along with that great outdoor patio.

What a strange setup... Only 14 desks and 75% of the space is for "colab space" or conference rooms. I bet they plan to rent out the bar area/colab space/outdoor patio for events.

https://www.nexteraenergy.com/

Not strange at all, this is how offices that have employees that are mostly remote are set up anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Not strange at all, this is how offices that have employees that are mostly remote are set up anymore.
    I understand the shift in workforce but I've never seen a floorplan that was 80% common areas with almost no place to even put a laptop. I'm sure the config is related to trying to make money off private events.

Thread Information