Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Aubrey McClendon

Default Re: Aubrey McClendon indicted

Psychological profilers will point to:

1. The timing. Day after being indicted for serious offenses with maybe more to come.
    2. That is about a 10 foot place to collide with. Of all the places to be distracted at that very moment.
    3. Same as #2, but a health problem at just the moment to hit that small spot at full speed?
    4. The timing. Again.

I honestly think there is a greater chance that there was foul play ala Karen Silkwood than this was a random accident.

We can all agree that it's a sad event, no matter the cause. But we need to realize the hyper coincidental nature of a random accident on a lonely stretch of road. His being alone on a day like this would have been something friends and family would have probably tried to avoid, but you can't watch his every move. I think they're looking at the most likely cause of the accident and it all points to despair and despondency. It's all so sad for it all to come down to such a violent end. His family are in my thoughts and prayers. Still in shock.

2. Default Re: Aubrey McClendon indicted

Quote Originally Posted by Throckmorton View Post
    This was probably just some freak accident. I'm sure it has nothing to do with yesterday's indictment or the way Ibaka has been playing this season.
    Seriously? You know that this person was a human being who lived in our city, right? You know that his friends and family are your very own neighbors and that some of them probably even read this board? Or do you think he is just some sort of cartoon character because you only know him from newspaper and magazine articles. Totally classless post.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Seriously? You know that this person was a human being who lived in our city, right? You know that his friends and family are your very own neighbors and that some of them probably even read this board? Or do you think he is just some sort of cartoon character because you only know him from newspaper and magazine articles. Totally classless post.
    It was more of a dig at Ibaka, man. I'm still so salty I wasted a pick on him this year.

(If you're reading, pull it together, Serge.)

4. Default Re: Aubrey McClendon indicted

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    Psychological profilers will point to:

1. The timing. Day after being indicted for serious offenses with maybe more to come.
    2. That is about a 10 foot place to collide with. Of all the places to be distracted at that very moment.
    3. Same as #2, but a health problem at just the moment to hit that small spot at full speed?
    4. The timing. Again.

I honestly think there is a greater chance that there was foul play ala Karen Silkwood than this was a random accident.

We can all agree that it's a sad event, no matter the cause. But we need to realize the hyper coincidental nature of a random accident on a lonely stretch of road. His being alone on a day like this would have been something friends and family would have probably tried to avoid, but you can't watch his every move. I think they're looking at the most likely cause of the accident and it all points to despair and despondency. It's all so sad for it all to come down to such a violent end. His family are in my thoughts and prayers. Still in shock.
    I've had more than one relative fall asleep and die at wheel, hitting the "perfect" place. It happens more than you think. And you can say "timing" over and over, but as I pointed out heart attack, drunk driving, asleep at wheel, etc., could ALL be just as related to the indictment.

Well said Urbanized. Very sad indeed.....

Someone just texted me that AKM frequently drove very, very fast; as in well over the speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Someone just texted me that AKM frequently drove very, very fast; as in well over the speed limit.
    Exactly. And if you've ever driven on those backcountry roads, you know it's very easy to get up to high speeds very quickly.

8. Default Re: Aubrey McClendon indicted

Yeah I was thinking it probably was not uncommon for him to be a speeder. Type A, important, spent time acquiring land in far-flung places, probably felt a bit above the law. I'll bet he hauled ass everywhere he went.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I've had more than one relative fall asleep and die at wheel, hitting the "perfect" place. It happens more than you think. And you can say "timing" over and over, but as I pointed out heart attack, drunk driving, asleep at wheel, etc., could ALL be just as related to the indictment.
    That's all true. I think more will come out. If nothing else, this should remind everyone (if we needed it) that no amount of wealth, celebrity, etc. prevents the ultimate demise of us all. We are all dying and we should embrace life today. Certain things happen that reminds us how quickly it can (and ultimately will) be gone in an instant.

It's a sad scenario. And you have to give the deceased the benefit of the doubt. Obviously if he we're committing suicide this would be least painful method for friends and family. Leaving a good measure of plausible deniability. A friend of ours died similarly the very day after his wife served him divorce papers. Ran his motorcycle into a hill at a "high rate of speed" no tire tracks, died instantly.

Now the conspiracy theorist in me goes directly to Karen Silkwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    Now the conspiracy theorist in me goes directly to Karen Silkwood.
    Don't want to feed into this but she died in a very similar one-car crash manner and was in the process of trying to expose Kerr McGee.

Aubrey was the great-nephew of Robert S. Kerr and Kerr is his middle name.

Very strange and sad linkages.

Not saying he committed sucide yet, but the thing about guns or automobiles is that it only takes a few seconds of deep depression to cause someone to make a decision that they will regret. I really doubt he woke up this morning planning on committing suicide.

Don't want to feed into this but she died in a very similar one-car crash manner and was in the process of trying to expose Kerr McGee.

Aubrey was the nephew of Robert S. Kerr and Kerr is his middle name.

I did not know that relationship. And It's even creepier now that I do.

Aubrey was the nephew of Robert S. Kerr and Kerr is his middle name.

Yes, that's why I wrote, "I honestly think there is a greater chance that there was foul play ala Karen Silkwood than this was a random accident." The nature of the crash, the family link, the oil business, alleged wrong-doing, it's all very strange indeed.

Idk, if you're suffering from a heart attack, not fully awake, drunk, wildlife or whatever excuses we're trying to come up with for AKM, I just don't see how you can drive a B-line at a high rate of speed. I've driven at a high rate of speed and if something jumped out on the road, a tiny jerk on the steering wheel is gonna throw your vehicle around. Also any of the other scenarios would yeild swerving at a high rate of speed.

Whatever happened is totally crazy and just hard to believe. The only reason everyone is thinking suicide is that "timing". Man, Aubrey, RIP. So sorry for the family and friends. Theories definitely abound over the next two weeks. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Not saying he committed sucide yet, but the thing about guns or automobiles is that it only takes a few seconds of deep depression to cause someone to make a decision that they will regret. I really doubt he woke up this morning planning on committing suicide.
    Yes, that's one of the sad things about suicide. It is often times simply a moment when a person is overcome with depression and they end up doing something that they never would have intended just an hour or two before.

Silkwood was one of the first things that came to mind when I read the headline as well. Pete's bit of trivia there just adds more intrigue to the story.

Should we rename the thread out of respect for a life lost?

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    This. Many suicides aren't planned (those that are, usually have suicide notes), they are instant regrettable decisions made within seconds. It just takes a moment of weakness and stress for someone to make a horrible decision. It doesn't reflect their beliefs, their "selfishness," or any assessment that comes from the fundamental attribution error fallacy. There are many strong people who commit suicide in a situation that would not have happened if they waited five seconds or if some external situation as simple as a bridge being a mile away instead of fifty feet away when the thought hits had changed.

I had a distant relative who got in a fight with his mother, stepped into his truck which had a preloaded shotgun, and blew his head off. No indication of depression, no reason to think he was thinking of doing it before, during, or even right after the fight (a fight over nothing in particular). If the car door was locked, and it took more time for him to get to the gun, he wouldn't have done it. If the car was parked further away, and it took longer to get to the gun, he wouldn't have done it. If there weren't shotgun shells in the gun already loaded, and he had to waste time loading the gun, he wouldn't have done it. But the convenience in the moment led to the suicide. If a country mandates that aspirin and other potentially fatal medicines (if taken in bulk) are in blister packs instead of bottles, the suicide rate is reduced. Why, because it's harder to swallow 100 pills of ibuprofen in blister packs, and once the urge to commit suicide passes, the life is saved.

My guess, if we don't find a suicide note, is it was the stress of the situation leading to a careless attitude driving, cognitive overload incapable of basic functioning. Kind of like playing chicken, or standing at the edge without necessarily having intent to step over, but ending up falling anyways. Yes, a form of suicide but made in the moment.

Aubrey McClendon dies in single-car crash | News OK

The explanation of how Aubrey's security team reached out the the OKCPD stating he was missing really explains why suicide is being drawn as a conclusion.

CNBC is now saying Sandridge was the other company involved in the conspiracy.

The McClendon security team had contacted the Oklahoma City Police Department to report him missing literally minutes after police had arrived on the scene. When told what they thought he was driving this morning, (apparently not his car), the police told McClendon security that the described vehicle was involved in a one-car crash involving a fatality. Sounds like he slipped away from family, friends and his security team. What a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Aubrey McClendon dies in single-car crash | News OK

The explanation of how Aubrey's security team reached out the the OKCPD stating he was missing really explains why suicide is being drawn as a conclusion.
    Not sure how you get that out of the events in that story. Accident happened shortly after 9AM. Security team told the cops he was missing shortly after 10am. <both of those times are in the linked story and video.

Just that they reported him missing before they even knew there was a car accident. Means that must have been keeping an eye on him but he managed to escape for a while.

Thread Information