Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aubrey McClendon

1. Default Re: Aubrey McClendon indicted

Official OKCPD response: https://www.facebook.com/okcpd/video...type=2&theater

Speed played a factor. 2 to 3 weeks to figure it all out.

Default Re: Aubrey McClendon indicted

Think it's really premature for them to basically imply that it was suicide without knowing all the facts.

This makes me so sad. A controversial figure but someone who undoubtly did a lot of great things for Oklahoma and Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Could have very easily -- and very likely -- been on his phone.
    There is also a great deal of wildlife in that area, including deer, that tend to pop out of the woods unexpectedly, I'm not saying this is what happened, but there are multiple possibilities beyond just what some people see as a too-convenient coincidence.

This will have a huge ripple effect on the community. He was a giant of industry and name well known in philanthropy circles. My condolences go to his family, employees and Thunder family, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Think it's really premature for them to basically imply that it was suicide without knowing all the facts.

Reports are that he was driving at a high rate of speed and there is a lack of skid marks leading to the collision site.

We need to pump the brakes.

I don't believe any of that is coming from law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive
    No skid marks
    i don't think that's conclusive of anything... a distracted driver wouldn't have time to brake either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    We need to pump the brakes.

I don't believe any of that is coming from law enforcement.
    From Capt. Balderrama:

“He pretty much drove straight into the wall,” Balderrama said. “The information out there at the scene is that he went left of center, went through a grassy area right before colliding into the embankment. There was plenty of opportunity for him to correct and get back on the roadway and that didn’t occur.”

It's actually coming for Captain Balderrama. we're not making up the facts that he is presenting. My post was a copy and paste of what he said in his press conference.

From Capt. Balderrama:

“He pretty much drove straight into the wall,” Balderrama said. “The information out there at the scene is that he went left of center, went through a grassy area right before colliding into the embankment. There was plenty of opportunity for him to correct and get back on the roadway and that didn’t occur.”
    Thanks for providing that.

Even more so:

"It's gonna take our investigators approximately one to two weeks to completely finish the investigation and recreate the accident, but at this point in time it looks pretty cut and dried as far as to what exactly happened."

Based on those crash pics, that truck was going very fast.

Looking at the scene on google maps, there is quite the runway of straight road to get up to a high rate of speed.

The location of the crash for the curious. He was apparently travelling northbound, crossed the middle lines, and ran into the west side of the embankment wall.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.6059...2!8i6656?hl=en

With the stress he was under he could have easily had a heart attack or stroke... Could have been drinking or on sedatives... Lots and lots of scenarios.

Remember, he lost his entire fortune overnight and was fired in a pretty humiliating way, and just kept coming back.

He was also religious and a big family man. Suicide is a mortal sin and a horrific thing to do to your family.

I'm just not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Looking at the scene on google maps, there is quite the runway of straight road to get up to a high rate of speed.
    It's also on the way to the tree farm at Arcadia, it's too early to speculate.

Sidebar: hard to call shenanigans after they've been posted and then say, "Ha I knew it" or some variation of it

Didn't he have quite a few businesses in OKC?

This is just horrible. I had no love for the CEO, but he was a man, a fellow human being, and I am saddened beyond belief to see this happen. The police seem certain of the cause and let's face it, he was very wealthy, but that doesn't buy a shield against a deep and dark hopelessness to see everything fall apart. No judgment on a man that was facing things we might not even fully be aware of. No matter the cause, this is a sad day for the McClendon family, and a sad day for anybody with half a heart to see this happen.

The first place I've been able to hear most of the police press conference is here: Ex-Chesapeake CEO McClendon dies in car wreck day after indictment

They are allowing for health issues yet to be determined. No mention or question on cell phone use. I expect that will come out. Data from the car's computer is expected to shed light on a number of things. I do wonder what his schedule was this morning, who saw him last, family reaction to indictment, if he would be picked up and booked into jail or not and financial state with what is known and rumored about AEP.

Most of all, I'm sad for the loss, for his friends, family, employees and our community.

Victim In Fatal NE OKC Crash Identified As Aubrey McClendon - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Looks like his problems were brief.

Damn, missed the mentions before this. What an odd story, anyway.

This was probably just some freak accident. I'm sure it has nothing to do with yesterday's indictment or the way Ibaka has been playing this season.

Sad day. Feel for his family.
    He was a great philanthropist and family man.

25. Default Re: Aubrey McClendon indicted

While it surely is a possibility, it is completely reckless at this point to say it is certainly a suicide based on "he could have hit the brakes and he didn't." This man has been going through an incredibly stressful time recently, even if it may be fair to say that much of it was probably of his own making. The situation as described in all of the reports MIGHT have been suicide, but it ALSO could have been:

• Heart attack
    • Stroke or other incapacitating medical condition
    • Drunk driving (yes, it happens in the morning)
    • Drug induced intoxication
    • Distracted driving (phone theory)
    • Asleep at wheel after multiple sleepless nights leading up to indictment

Every one of these instances could have been brought on by the stress he has been under. It's honestly too early to say. It will be sorted out.

Either way, this is a huge loss for our community, despite recent bad circumstances. He has been an integral part of Oklahoma City's renaissance of the past two decades. He has been a wealth and career generator for many Oklahomans. He has been a very generous philanthropist. There is simply no way that this is not a terrible, terrible thing for our city.

Thread Information