Widgets Magazine

Thread: Dairy Queen coming to 10th & Garth Brooks

Default Dairy Queen coming to 10th & Garth Brooks

Building permit filed for the lot directly south of the Domino convenience store on the SW corner of 10th and Garth Brooks.

Default Re: Dairy Queen coming to 10th & Garth Brooks

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Building permit filed for the lot directly south of the Domino convenience store on the SW corner of 10th and Garth Brooks.
    SE corner. Aldi is on the SW corner, Domino is on the SE.

I'm predicting quite a bit of business there, to the point where now I kinda wonder if that new Sonic will even make it. Sonic kept raising their prices to the point where it became a rare treat, then an even more rare indulgence, then it finally got to the point where I really just went there for drinks, and then they nickel and dimed on them, and then even stopped ringing them up as a Cherry Limeade, ringing it up as a limeade, and then charging extra for the cherry. I can't even recall the last time I went to a Sonic. If it's the combo restaurant that also has an Orange Julius, game, set, and match. $5 at DQ gets you a burger, fries, drink, and ice cream. $5 at Sonic gets you...actually, I don't think you can even get just the burger for that.

In closing, I would just like to say, if the owner of this franchise is reading this, please get the cherry dip for the ice cream cones. I'll be your best customer. Not even kidding, I'll be there a minimum of once a week guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    SE corner. Aldi is on the SW corner, Domino is on the SE.

I'm predicting quite a bit of business there, to the point where now I kinda wonder if that new Sonic will even make it. Sonic kept raising their prices to the point where it became a rare treat, then an even more rare indulgence, then it finally got to the point where I really just went there for drinks, and then they nickel and dimed on them, and then even stopped ringing them up as a Cherry Limeade, ringing it up as a limeade, and then charging extra for the cherry. I can't even recall the last time I went to a Sonic. If it's the combo restaurant that also has an Orange Julius, game, set, and match. $5 at DQ gets you a burger, fries, drink, and ice cream. $5 at Sonic gets you...actually, I don't think you can even get just the burger for that.

In closing, I would just like to say, if the owner of this franchise is reading this, please get the cherry dip for the ice cream cones. I'll be your best customer. Not even kidding, I'll be there a minimum of once a week guaranteed.
    Even if different ones are running off some people off on price, the one closest to me (roughly 2/5 miles from the new one) is still packed much of the time I go by there, and they are still building a lot of new houses the couple miles south of the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Even if different ones are running off some people off on price, the one closest to me (roughly 2/5 miles from the new one) is still packed much of the time I go by there, and they are still building a lot of new houses the couple miles south of the new one.
    Yes, they should co-exist just fine.

Speaking of prices I went to Long John Silvers last night and got Fish & More. 2 pieces of fish, french fries and cold slaw. I also asked for one corn on the cob and a medium root beer. Everything but the corn was good. The total bill was $11.51. Seems high to me but I haven't eaten there in quite a while so...

Drinks don't come with the combo.

Far West Re: Dairy Queen coming to 10th & Garth Brooks

YEAH. However I live over by the outlet mall I was hoping they would do something out that way.

Has it opened yet?

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Has it opened yet?
    no but the walls have gone up. they're making progress

DQ Yukon opened September 5th. Was able to get in today JUST barely before the rush. The people are super friendly, and I had a chance to chat with the owner/manager. Right now they have butterscotch dip available for the cones (fall theme, orange color) and do plan to get cherry. I'm happy, this is a very welcome addition to the area.

Thread Information