Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rehearsal dinner space

Default Rehearsal dinner space

I'm looking for a reasonably priced rehearsal dinner space that would include tables, chairs, linens and things like that. Also suggestions for reasonably priced caterers.

This is the one area where we have a pretty limited budget and it's been tough. Who would have thought the rehearsal dinner would have been the most limited by budget.

Default Re: Rehearsal dinner space

How many people?

This may or may not work for you. I've known a number of folk who held their rehearsal dinners in a fellowship room at the church where the wedding is taking place, with family members bringing in either potluck or a themed dinner with specific assignments. The families decided the expense of catering or going out to a private dining experience wasn't how they preferred funds to be allocated.

Wasn't that way in my day, but then again, damn decent steaks did not command 40+ a head in my day.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I'm looking for a reasonably priced rehearsal dinner space that would include tables, chairs, linens and things like that. Also suggestions for reasonably priced caterers.

This is the one area where we have a pretty limited budget and it's been tough. Who would have thought the rehearsal dinner would have been the most limited by budget.
    For catering, contact Dave or Sally at Urban Market catering. 405-840-4488. They operate out of 50 Penn Place and have a room available on the third floor of the retail space for rent as well. Not sure how many people can fit in there or how much it would cost.

Ned's catering is great and reasonable.

Not knowing your group size, it's hard to recommend venues but you should check out the Chesapeake Boathouse, as I remember it being quite reasonable. The Devon Boathouse too, if you need more seats.

Ah, yes I should have added that part. 55-60 people.

Check out the Chesapeake Boathouse.

Super cool and unique setting and I believe they allow you to select your own caterer, which is important.

Another cool spot is above Red Prime on Auto Alley. Completely separate 2nd level all to yourself. A Good Egg does a fantastic job with catering, too, even if you have the dinner elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Super cool and unique setting and I believe they allow you to select your own caterer, which is important.

Another cool spot is above Red Prime on Auto Alley. Completely separate 2nd level all to yourself. A Good Egg does a fantastic job with catering, too, even if you have the dinner elsewhere.

I was in there the other night and there was a reception with a live band. Could hear from the dinning space but not annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

^+1 I've been to several at red prime, great spot.

I attended a friends rehearsal there. Very nice. I'll look into it.

11. Default Re: Rehearsal dinner space

My wedding was at St Luke's, so it made sense for us to use the Hefner Mansion, which is owned by the church. They had relatively recently taken ownership of it and hadn't fully furnished it at that point, but it really did turn out nice. Rather than being in one large room, we were able to sort of split it up between the various rooms so it still felt nice, even with the 50 or so people there.

Got married last September and we used McNellie's in Norman. (I'm sure the Midtown location is just as accommodating) I booked the entire 2nd floor for about 50-60 guests, there's no actual fee to rent the room if you meet the food and beverage minimum which I think is $800. I then bought around $600 in food from their catering menu and everyone bought their own alcohol at the bar and that was it. There was also plenty of food leftover. Not as formal as one might like, but I married an Oklahoma girl with Irish decent so her family loved it.

Our rehearsal dinner was at Charleston's on Expressway. We had the entire area on the east side of the building with about 50 people. It was a limited menu (a chicken, a fish and a meat) which helped expedite the ordering process. I think the entire bill was $750 and my dad paid it with an extra $100 since tip had already been calculated.

Thread Information