Widgets Magazine

Thread: New York City Area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New York City Area

I keep up with some development in NYC and ran across this 73 story tower proposed for Brooklyn and thought it was interesting.

(http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...&postcount=518)

Does anyone else know of any building that has similar architecture? I like it, for now. I hope it is built. This will officially bring supertall buildings across the river.

Default Re: New York City Area

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I keep up with some development in NYC and ran across this 73 story tower proposed for Brooklyn and thought it was interesting.

(SkyscraperPage Forum - View Single Post - NEW YORK CITY | Highrise Compilation and Directory 2016 Version)

Does anyone else know of any building that has similar architecture? I like it, for now. I hope it is built. This will officially bring supertall buildings across the river.
    I do know plans for this building were originally submitted in 2014 and it has yet to be approved. Zoning does allow everything they appear to be proposing, so it will probably be approved at some point. It is only 70 Stories Occupied, the additional 3 Stories are Mechanical.

Architecture wise, as far as NYC buildings go, it definitely looks like 111 57th Street which is under construction, and I believe it is the same architect who designed it. It also reminds me of 8 Spruce Street in a way. Height wise, One57 in Manhattan was recently constructed to a height of around 950 Feet (72 Stories Occupied).

NYCs first mega tall proposed. It will be interesting if this beast actually gets built and I hope it happens. Absolutely incredible building.

817E6518-B5F3-4533-9C36-93CE84F1AB1E.jpeg

https://www.theb1m.com/article/paris...r-for-new-york

Looks like a brontosaurus cruise ship from the back!

From experience, what Brooklyn needs are some mid price hotels. There is virtually nothing there, especially out further east in the residential areas.

Thread Information