Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Development Map

Default Re: Development Map

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I just updated the map and added a few things. If there is anything missing please let me know or feel free to add to the map.
    Thank you!

Much appreciated.

It’s my pleasure and the least I can do. It’s exciting to see everything.

Just added a bunch of stuff. Will probably add more later if I find anything. If I'm missing anything please let me know.

Just added a bunch of stuff. Will probably add more later if I find anything. If I'm missing anything please let me know.
    Greatly appreciated!

I actually use this a great deal because I sometimes can't recall the name or details of a particular project.

It's a great resource and am grateful for your efforts!

^^^^ I appreciate you saying so! It's fun to look at this map and see how much development is happening.

I love looking at this map - I pop on every couple of months just to look around. So thank you very much to whomever updates it.

But I do have a question and it's really more of a Google Earth question. How often does the photography get updated? I'm not talking about the process of marking the development projects, which I know someone on this site takes the time to do, and, again, thanks - I'm talking about the image itself. I notice for example that on this image it doesn't even have the Northside Costco under construction - it's still a blank field. We all know the Costco has been open for months. So this photography is at least a year and a half old. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    I love looking at this map - I pop on every couple of months just to look around. So thank you very much to whomever updates it.

But I do have a question and it's really more of a Google Earth question. How often does the photography get updated? I'm not talking about the process of marking the development projects, which I know someone on this site takes the time to do, and, again, thanks - I'm talking about the image itself. I notice for example that on this image it doesn't even have the Northside Costco under construction - it's still a blank field. We all know the Costco has been open for months. So this photography is at least a year and a half old. Just curious.
    techwalla did a store about it with some info and links to dig further into it

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/h...tellite-images

the google earth blog provides some more info too about their processing of images, etc.

but if you want a
    tldr;
    images are usually updated monthly for newly processed images, but those images could be from 1 to 3 years old

That's great information. Thank you!

Honestly, I was curious if it was something I wasn't doing. I'm not always great about updating regularly.

You can look through historical imagery in Google Earth. Google Maps looks like it's using pictures from December 2017 around the whole OKC area, but Earth also has imagery from January 2018 and November 2018. Not sure if there is some algorithm to judge the clarity of the photos to determine if that's what should be used in Maps or what makes them decide to update.

It's really cool to see how things around the city have progressed using that historical imagery slider in Earth. Definitely would recommend playing around with it.

I just added several missing projects and may have jumped the gun on classifying some others if so please let me know as well if I’m missing anything. Lots of great stuff being built/planned.

Edmond Crest on E. Covel and N. Sooner rd. And wasn't a developer interested in land in the Farmers Market for Residential development. I don't think it's gotten very far more than interested.

I’ve been waiting for an official announcement preferably with renderings and/or site plans.

Thanks for the update! This is a fantastic way to consolidate and show data

I’m really anxious to add more of the proposed commuter rail network when more details are released on it.

Added a bunch more projects. I wonder if there is a limit on how many shapes you can add. OKC is on fire!

Added a bunch more projects. I wonder if there is a limit on how many shapes you can add. OKC is on fire!
    obligatory "is this thing ever updated" post! lol thanks for the updates to this, i use it often!

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    obligatory "is this thing ever updated" post! lol thanks for the updates to this, i use it often!
    Haha no problem! I’m glad people use it. I get very excited to update it.

I just added several projects including the access Oklahoma projects(which I’ll remove if they get canceled). Please let me know if I’m leaving anything out.

How do I go about adding developments in the works?

Thanks,
    Devin

What's the gas station being built at Memorial and Broadway Extension?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EF9AA9AF-3B45-4F1D-97D7-60D22915CD29.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	893.1 KB 
ID:	17533

Apparently a 7-Eleven according to the markings on the gas canopy.

I didn't see anything on the map and wondered if anyone knew anything about the lot west of SOcial Deck and dining where taco bueno once was. they have a fence up and have been doing dirt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    I didn't see anything on the map and wondered if anyone knew anything about the lot west of SOcial Deck and dining where taco bueno once was. they have a fence up and have been doing dirt work.
    It will be a Dutch Bros. Coffee.

Thanks Pete!

2 items I don't see on the map yet.

Something next to the Harbor Freight in Edmond being built?

Something next to TGI Friday on NW Expressway?

Anyone know about those 2 places?

Thread Information