Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collective

Default Re: The Collective

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I should have predicted this stupid comment would occur. I assure you these are top shelf servers. The point is, which you could grasp by reading and considering the point I was trying to make, is that no matter how good servers are, if people stop coming to their restaurants, they won’t make as much money. Geez dude.
    No, you're just wrong.

2. Default Re: The Collective

I got to go to the soft opening last night. The space is amazing. This place is going to kill it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DNpNC5L8Tqei4c6BI62scg.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	15444 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_36d7.jpeg 
Views:	264 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	15445

Went by yesterday as well. This is going to be the next 'all the new rage' since Jones Assembly opened. The patio is money once the sun is setting.

This along with Frida stepped up the game. So clean and fresh. Probably will try to frequent this every couple of weeks.

Looking forward to the development on 6th to see if it matches the detail.

5. Default Re: The Collective

Just had dinner at he collective. Super amazing. Tried a little bit of everything.

6. Default Re: The Collective

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190726_194258.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	3.08 MB 
ID:	15446

Drove by tonight... midtown was buzzing! The Collective was packed. Folks were out and about. I can’t wait to visit

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    Drove by tonight... midtown was buzzing! The Collective was packed. Folks were out and about. I can’t wait to visit
    Little off topic but bricktown was packed also Good to see

9. Default Re: The Collective

very good to hear!!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Haven't had a chance to comment or visit what appears to be a pipe dream for our city.

The Collective, a collection of the best of the chefs serving OKC--long overdue, this will be BIG TIME.

Oklahoma City, here's our opportunity to support something special:

a collection of great chefs
    a collection of great quality food recipes
    a collection of great food variety

What more can be said. Undoubtedly, The Collective will attract a collection of great people who appreciate great foods. Good concept long overdue---gather support, dine with friends and relatives--impress those out-of-town visitors, this is our chance to support something special.

What are the prices going to be like. I'm sure they will be a little different per store but what are we looking at for a dinner

They will be open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 5-10PM.

May expand their hours after that.

I know they are concerned about being completely overrun as they try to get up and running. Huge amount of interest.

13. Default Re: The Collective

Went and got BBQ from The Flying Pig at lunch today.

The place looks absolutely amazing... My only concern is with only half the places open for lunch today. It was a maze of people trying to find the end of the line for the food they were trying to get and everything was clogged up. I see the potential for the place to be a mad house with all the eateries open at the same time.

I'm sure they'll get it all worked out but don't go right away if you get easily frustrated with lines and confusion.

I talked with the owner of The Flying Pig and there was even confusion on whether they were serving lunch today or not..... See Pete's post above that they weren't Monday to Wednesday.

I would have stopped by for lunch, had I known they were serving today. I trusted you pete!

I just posted what they posted.

It keeps changing and I'm sure it will continue to all week.

16. Default Re: The Collective

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It keeps changing and I'm sure it will continue to all week.
    The soft open signs were still up on the door but the place was packed inside... No one using the patio... I would have sat out there with an umbrella, if they were available, but it was a little warm today to be in the direct sun.

I'm sure they'll get all the chaos reigned in but as I said above.... Don't go right now if you're the impatient type and take into account that not all the concepts are going to be open..... They may be this evening but they weren't at lunch.

I'm also not 100% certain how the drinks work either... I saw wait staff but none ever came to our table. I just had water and my co-worker said he paid to get a cup somewhere for a soft drink but I don't know where it was.... The drinks are located on the west wall..... Which might also create some confusion for diners because you get your food from each eatery and then have to go get your drink.

On the plus side the ribs at The Flying Pig are still my favorite in OKC.

Do they only serve beef ribs on Wednesday?

I stopped by twice tonight. Tried Cafe de l'asie, dutch baby, shaka, and the bar. Cafe de l'asie will open for lunch tomorrow.

18. Default Re: The Collective

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Do they only serve beef ribs on Wednesday?.
    That is how the menu board read.... They were also serving bacon burnt ends and burnt ends as specials on other days of the week but I don't remember the days.

Blog Entries

I know I'll get roasted for this observation. Keep in mind, I think the Collective will be a huge success and I think it is great for the fabric of the inner city. I think they did a fabulous job on the building.

All that said, after going there, it struck me that this is a millennial's version of food courts at the malls they grew up with. Yes, more upscale food and trendy, but not unlike a food court. It seems like an Austin/Seattle food court.

^

And they have been wildly popular in other cities.

The Parlor opens in a couple of months in Auto Alley and I'm sure it will kill it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    All that said, after going there, it struck me that this is a millennial's version of food courts at the malls they grew up with. Yes, more upscale food and trendy, but not unlike a food court. It seems like an Austin/Seattle food court.
    You seem to framing this as a criticism, but I couldn't actually figure out what your criticism is. This all sounds fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    You seem to framing this as a criticism, but I couldn't actually figure out what your criticism is. This all sounds fine to me.
    Seconded. A food court, without crappy fast-food chains, in a highly walk-able area NOT in a mall. Also with two bars. Wonderful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    It wasn't meant as criticism, only as an observation. Was just afraid it would be taken wrong. There are a lot of sensitive people on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    Seconded. A food court, without crappy fast-food chains, in a highly walk-able area NOT in a mall. Also with two bars. Wonderful.
    In addition, I suspect it will be cleaner than a run of the mill food court too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    In addition, I suspect it will be cleaner than a run of the mill food court too.
    Yes, but will they hand out free samples like at the food court.

Thread Information