Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Revolucion

Default Re: Revolucion

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Wow, looked at the menu. This sucks big time. It was the cheaper, less stuffy version of Barrios, with better mole. Now it's Teds MMMLXII.
    Can’t wait for their sales to drop by 40% in 6 months and they have to change it back.

Like who in the world thought, let’s get rid of the al pastor and replace the meat with cauliflower? Beef barbacoa, nah let’s just get rid of that. Why be a cool taco bar when we can be just like everyone else?

Does'nt sound like I'll be missing out. I myself preferred barrios to start with.

3. Default Re: Revolucion

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    It was the cheaper, less stuffy version of Barrios, with better mole.
    Yeah, the mole was solid here... I can't complain about it being taken off the menu since I'm a taqueria snob and only went to Revolucion if I was invited.... I'm happy with what I get at the hole in the wall taquerias for a lot cheaper.

I only went for the first time on Wednesday (tsk tsk!) but the food was just okay. I had the vegetarian Oaxacan pizza, which was absolutely massive. I didn't care too much for the tortilla it was on -- a little too toasty and thin for my taste -- but it wasn't the worst. $12 was maybe a tad pricy for essentially lettuce and some veggies laid out on a tortilla. Weirdly, I initially ordered the cheese enchiladas and the waiter straight up told me they weren't very good and that he personally recommended something else, which points for honesty, I guess. I really loved my strawberry poblano margarita, though. I'll likely be back.

@BuffaloBill : You should come give it a try, on me. Email me at rcope@84hospitality.com and I'll have a gift card for dinner for two waiting for you or mailed to you. Would appreciate your feedback once you've tried some of the dishes! We are young people trying really hard to run a great business and are trying different things along the way to find what works best for OKC. Thanks.

--RC

Pretty harsh @gopokes88.

I wish that you'd give us a chance to find our footing with the new menu and I'd like for you to know that we have nothing but best intentions to run a great business, be a great community partner, and adapt to the City's needs as we see fit. I am sorry that your two favorites aren't on the menu currently, but I can assure you they will be back as features in the near future on certain days of the week.

I hope that you'll give us another shot and stay tuned for things to come. Thanks!

--Rachel

^^^
    Always great to see business owners post positively online. However, it’s disappointing when posters here bash local businesses. Barring serious ethical violations, I just find it in poor taste to write so judgingly and with such finality about local community members. There’s a line past constructive critique that I try not to cross. In this case especially since Rachel’s group has helped raise the bar in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    ^^^
    Always great to see business owners post positively online. However, it’s disappointing when posters here bash local businesses. Barring serious ethical violations, I just find it in poor taste to write so judgingly and with such finality about local community members. There’s a line past constructive critique that I try not to cross. In this case especially since Rachel’s group has helped raise the bar in OKC.
    and now I feel bad. Maybe I'll give the new menu a go afterall.

9. Default Re: Revolucion

I'm not sure why, but for some reason this place dropped off our regular lunch rotation. Been there probably 15 or 20 times. Maybe it just got to routine. So, the new menu gives us an excuse to spot by this week and check it out. I've always liked the place, I think we just 'forgot' about it.

We find ourselves at Revolucion on a relatively routine basis. I'm happy to try the new menu as a traditional dipping queso was something I hoped they would be adding (I don't ignore my midwest desires). Aside from a couple of things, the menu looks to still be intact for our taste. Had some friends in from Nashville this weekend and they went here on our suggestion; only had great things to say.

Very sad about the new menu, which takes away some of the reasons we loved this place, though I do appreciate the willingness of the owner to engage here. This was always one of our top two or three destinations when we had a chance to get out for a date night

For those of us who really just enjoyed good tacos and drinks and don't care to eat a big plate of rice and beans or whatever, this is genuinely disappointing. And the two best tacos are no longer on the menu.

Sucks.

12. Default Re: Revolucion

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    ^^^
    100% agree Dan.

Props to Rachel for coming here. It takes courage for a business owner to engage in a place where they are being bashed - I know this because correcting bad information about my own business(es) is what brought me here initially myself. I'd think we'd like to see more of this here, so like Pete has pointed out we should all consider that the subjects of our conversations will find their way here at some point, and try to be constructive rather than simply negative or even personal in our commenting. Overall the site does an excellent job of this; it's just a reminder.

Rachel is a great operator, innovative, smart, open to suggestions. I'd guess the menu changes had to do with feedback from existing customers and/or in response to a lack of traction in the areas where they made changes. If you love a place and love its menu, never forget to give the proprietor POSITIVE feedback, and to frequent the place and order your favorites as much as humanly possible. At the end of the day, money talks, and you know the rest of the story.

I hope they find their groove. I'm not a huge fan or Revolucion (don't dislike it at all, just have other taco spots that come to mind first), but 84 Hospitality's other establishments are among my favorites in the city. Empire and Goro are both among must-go places when I have friends in town and showing them Oklahoma City.

It's funny because I like Revolucion more than Empire, Goro or Pony Boy.

All are good but I've always liked Rev.

I appreciate Rachel’s response but I stand by what I said and won’t be back. They killed the soul of this place in favor of being more like everyone else.

16. Default Re: Revolucion

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's funny because I like Revolucion more than Empire, Goro or Pony Boy.

All are good but I've always liked Rev.
    And in my case I've always liked the other three better; especially Goro and Ponyboy. Rev has always felt to me like a bar that happened to serve food. I'm quite a bit older than the regular demo of all of those places but Rev is the only one that ever makes me feel a bit old and out of place, and it's more about the crowd that's there and how they are interacting with the bar and with each other than it is about the place itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Rev is the only one that ever makes me feel a bit old and out of place
    Not the fault of Revolucion!

18. Default Re: Revolucion

Indeed this is true.

Talk of they are killing themselves or maybe theyll find their groove seems to be at odds with the amount of business they do there. Im somewhat of a regular visitor and they seem to be at least fairly full most of the time and super busy on weekends.

Im a fan of the simple but good food, super reasonable prices, laid back vibe and terrific drinks. Keep up the good work 84HGRC

I'm gonna hafta side more with Pokes on this one. While the first sentence in his post #76 was quite harsh, I do not think he was being unjust in the opinion he offered in the second paragraph. If you desire to read nothing that offends a restaurant operator than I would suggest the Gazzete or the Disappointment for your reading pleasure.

Was there tonight and enjoyed it as always and like the new menu.

We stopped going last summer after the 6th or so stop. The food was never the same way twice, and the bar, which it advertised to be a big factor, charges liquor tax on top of the sale price. I notice the same inconsistency in empire vs easy e. But I think thanks to Jeff, Goro ramen is always consistent & good value.

Finally made it back here for the first time in awhile. The new queso was right up my alley and the chicken and pan seared fish tacos were great, however, the service was not.

I ordered a margarita with no salt--came with salt. Mentioned it to our waitress but didn't ask for another. Later I ordered a Modelo with no salt--came with salt. Again, I let her know, but didn't ask for another because of the absurdly long wait times between her table visits. The pan seared fish taco came out as a fried fish taco, which I didn't notice until 10 seconds after she dropped the food off. My lack of immediate attention proved unfortunate for me as we didn't see her again for at least 20 minutes. Later, when we finally received our bill I expected to see my fish taco comped--it was not.

Also, we were sat on the patio, which is great, but we noticed that a dog (presumably) had pooped on the walkway directly behind our table and it was starting to smell. We informed the waitress who in turn DID NOTHING. This poop was lingering next to us throughout the entire meal and we were constantly warning passerbys not to step in it.

I'm not the type to ask for a manager, but I would have stopped one if they were walking by, but one never came out to the patio--that is unless their managers are incognito, wearing t-shirts, shorts and vans. I will continue to go to Revolucion because I am choosing to believe this experience was an outlier in otherwise perfectly normal service, but boy this was pretty frustrating.

While the food is good, I agree that the service here is terrible lately. The bartender I had on the 6th of May was one of the most aloof and slowest moving servers I’ve ever seen. I hope they change things up with staffing soon. Sad to see this great concept going downhill. I want to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    Finally made it back here for the first time in awhile. The new queso was right up my alley and the chicken and pan seared fish tacos were great, however, the service was not.

I ordered a margarita with no salt--came with salt. Mentioned it to our waitress but didn't ask for another. Later I ordered a Modelo with no salt--came with salt. Again, I let her know, but didn't ask for another because of the absurdly long wait times between her table visits. The pan seared fish taco came out as a fried fish taco, which I didn't notice until 10 seconds after she dropped the food off. My lack of immediate attention proved unfortunate for me as we didn't see her again for at least 20 minutes. Later, when we finally received our bill I expected to see my fish taco comped--it was not.

Also, we were sat on the patio, which is great, but we noticed that a dog (presumably) had pooped on the walkway directly behind our table and it was starting to smell. We informed the waitress who in turn DID NOTHING. This poop was lingering next to us throughout the entire meal and we were constantly warning passerbys not to step in it.

I'm not the type to ask for a manager, but I would have stopped one if they were walking by, but one never came out to the patio--that is unless their managers are incognito, wearing t-shirts, shorts and vans. I will continue to go to Revolucion because I am choosing to believe this experience was an outlier in otherwise perfectly normal service, but boy this was pretty frustrating.

25. Default Re: Revolucion

Are they ever going to reopen?

Thread Information