Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Revolucion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Revolucion

Also went Sunday. Was fantastic.

I've been in several times and really enjoy this place. It's very much a bar that serves food, but the food that it serves is done very well, and is consistent every time. The queso fundido is awesome, and I really love the elotes.

Finally got a chance to try this place out last night. Nice vibe and food was great. i didn't get to try the "popcorn" i hear everyone talking about. maybe next time.

I've gotten to where we are here about once a week. love all the food and the house margarita is very good!

5. Default Re: Revolucion

Gone there for lunch now a few times. I definitely didn't get the 'bar' feel at lunchtime, but I could see where someone might think that at night.

It's a simple buildout that is open, airy and clean feeling.

I'm always in for the chicken and the tongue street tacos. Excellent in flavor, seasoning and presentation every time.

In particular appreciate that the tongue is more shredded than some other places - so, it's not as off-putting to those who would otherwise not order tongue. It's the only place I could even get those with me to try tongue.

Queso Fundido is really good, but it's been fairly inconsistent each time we go. I like it a bit more well done and have only received it that way on one occasion.

The churros are really good too and come with plenty of chocolate.

The popcorn was actually my least favorite. It wasn't offered on one of my three visits, but when it was, it was always tiny kernels - like crumbs. I'm also not a big fan of room temperature popcorn. It has some bite to it, but just not my thing. Also not big into something on the table we are all dipping our hands into.

6. Default Re: Revolucion

This is my new favorite spot! Me and my lovely wife love this place.

7. Default Re: Revolucion

Ate here on New Years Eve for dinner. House margarita was tasty and strong. The popcorn was a fun, unique complimentary appetizer for a Mexican joint. And most importantly, BEST TACOS IN OKC. Oh, so delicious!

Atmosphere was a bit lacking, though I did love the neon cactus out front. Barrios blows this out of the water for design and decor.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

what places have you been to for tacos in okc?

Went there Friday night again. The place was hopping. I'm not crazy about everything, i.e. their guac, which is absurdly overseasoned, or the queso fundido, which I find too rich. But the tacos are very good as are some of the appetizers like the flautas. Prices are reasonable for drinks and food. It seems to really be catching on as it was SRO the whole time we were there.

Made my first time visit here tonight (Saturday) around 5:30. Small crowd -fairly calm atmosphere for that time of day, therefore the noise level as pleasant. Review: the service was very, very good. Very engaging staff when I asked about various food offerings. The food: excellent! Had a couple of appetizers and then tacos. My rating: atmosphere: 8:5 / service: 8 / food: 8.5 Yes! I'll return there as well as introduce it to multiple friends.

There is a fairly strong presences of mexican food near downtown now. I'm wondering how Iguana will do once they reopen.

Walked by this on the way into Sunnyside. The space looks awesome, but they were playing modern country music on the speakers. Didn't seem to fit the theme of the restaurant.

Made my way here. Popcorn was good in that it was kettlecorn, but had the texture as if it were stale which is fine. Ordered the queso fundido which was also good. I wish there were more peppers/chorizo in it. Tacos seemed more like street tacos than big truck which is a good thing.

This place has been in my regular rotation for a while.

Last night had the huge plate of nachos for $9 and they were very good, as was the complimentary warm (temperature) salsa and spicy popcorn.

When I left around 8PM on a Tuesday, almost every seat was full.

Sitting @ the bar here is one of my favorite things. The prices are reasonable and the food is great! I can't wait for the warmer weather to return so the doors can be opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Sitting @ the bar here is one of my favorite things. The prices are reasonable and the food is great! I can't wait for the warmer weather to return so the doors can be opened.
    I agree. Great beer selection, the food is very good and the service is great. Very good vibe as well.

Just goes to show that there is always room for another Mexican / pizza / burger place if they get the little things right.

Do they ever plan on adding the cover outside from their original plans?

Quote Originally Posted by sroberts24 View Post
    Do they ever plan on adding the cover outside from their original plans?
    That patio cover was from before Revolucion got involved.

I think they will continue to invest in the space as they make money but they had to keep initial costs down at the outset.

Love the chicken quesadilla, several of their tacos and margaritas. Only complaint is I wish they had "normal" queso. The queso app they do have is more like pizza cheese you scrape off with a tortilla chip. It's not gross, but I would like the option of a more traditional queso. #midwest

They have a new menu with expanded offerings including platters:

http://www.revolucionokc.com/#menu-section

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have a new menu with expanded offerings including platters:

http://www.revolucionokc.com/#menu-section
    I've heard a lot of complaints about the menu from people on social media. Has anyone here had a chance to try it out? Opinions? Revolucion is one of my favorite places to go, so I'm hoping it's not a change for the worse.

Glad to see they finally added dipping queso instead of only that $11 burnt cheese. Personally, I much prefer Torchy's or Fuzzy's to Revolucion but not enough to drive all the way across town for with Revolucion being so close. I wish they would add some more interesting tacos, even if they kept their same hours and added a breakfast taco it would be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Glad to see they finally added dipping queso instead of only that $11 burnt cheese. Personally, I much prefer Torchy's or Fuzzy's to Revolucion but not enough to drive all the way across town for with Revolucion being so close. I wish they would add some more interesting tacos, even if they kept their same hours and added a breakfast taco it would be an improvement.
    $11 burnt cheese!?! The Queso Fundido is a fantastic plate and probably my favorite thing on their menu!! Blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I've heard a lot of complaints about the menu from people on social media. Has anyone here had a chance to try it out? Opinions? Revolucion is one of my favorite places to go, so I'm hoping it's not a change for the worse.
    Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. The soul of what made revolucion cool and unique is gone and was replaced with a freaking burger and quesadillas. The also got rid of my two favorite tacos, shrunk the size of the tacos, and changed the recipe on the beans. You dipping cheese sauce, platters and dillas? Try one of the other 68,832 Mexican food places. Will not be back.

If you loved the original concept you’re going to HATE this menu.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. The soul of what made revolucion cool and unique is gone and was replaced with a freaking burger and quesadillas. The also got rid of my two favorite tacos, shrunk the size of the tacos, and changed the recipe on the beans. You dipping cheese sauce, platters and dillas? Try one of the other 68,832 Mexican food places. Will not be back.

If you loved the original concept you’re going to HATE this menu.
    Wow, looked at the menu. This sucks big time. It was the cheaper, less stuffy version of Barrios, with better mole. Now it's Teds MMMLXII.

I would go back just for the Elotes.

Thread Information