Is there a menu yet?

Default Re: Revolucion

From their instagram:

Love love LOVE the neon cactus!

Neon cactus is dope.

Suddenly I wish the name was Neon Cactus.. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    Suddenly I wish the name was Neon Cactus.. Love it!
    Actually love that name now

Going to a soft opening on Tuesday and will report back.

If we all start just calling it Neon Cactus, most of our friends won't know the difference and we'll change the name in every day conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Going to a soft opening on Tuesday and will report back.
    Moving back to OKC really made the perks of running OKCTalk a lot better...

Drove by the building today. Does it share any thing in common with the sunnyside diner (owners and such?)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Drove by the building today. Does it share any thing in common with the sunnyside diner (owners and such?)
    No, Revolucion is Rachel Cope (Empire, Goro) and Sunnyside is Shannon Roper (Hillbillies, S&B Burger).

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    If we all start just calling it Neon Cactus, most of our friends won't know the difference and we'll change the name in every day conversation.
    I would my conversation would be .... "Just meet us at the Neon Cactus on Classen"

Would be nice to see a 2-3 story building with micro-apartments on that little car lot and side parking added on Classen.

Has anyone seen a menu for this place?

16. Default Re: Revolucion

There's a menu up on their web site, but I don't know if it's their full menu.

17. Default Re: Revolucion

Hmmmm..... When I saw chicharonnes on their appetizer menu I was hoping to see chicharonnes as a taco option also.... Maybe it will be a special.

Went last night to the first of two soft opening nights... They officially open on Thursday and will run 11A to at least midnight and be closed on Mondays, at least initially.

First and foremost, it's a really fun and energetic vibe. Rachel Cope describes her approach (with Empire and Goro as well) as "social dining" and I think that's a perfect description and has worked really well at the first two places.

Both inside and out the music is loud and the staff is high energy and friendly. I predict this will become very popular for late night, as the kitchen will stay open late as well.

The link to the menu posted above is what I believe will be the official list of offerings. Super simple with a handful of appetizers then various taco options with "family style" sides.

Our group all tried different cocktails and the standout was La Revolución (El Jimador blanco, House Michelada mix, Dos Equis lager) which was like a very interesting bloody mary. The drink in the photo below is the Cannonball, which was a swirl of margarita and sangria.

They bring out popcorn with grated cheese and spices that was absolutely devoured by the group.

We started with the queso fundido and it was really good, especially the spicy red peppers on top. Some picked them off but I gobbled them up! Also had the chicharrones which I particularly liked.

Then we all had a couple of tacos and then shared sides of quacamole, beans and elotes (corn). All were very good with their own unique take.

The photo of my two tacos were the pork carnitas (left) and chicken; really liked both but for me the standout was the pork, especially when drizzled with their house habanero hot sauce. Loved that stuff but they also had mild red and green sauce... All 3 were in bottles.

The whole place is a great compliment and contrast to Barrios; good in it's own fun, casual, party way. On nice days when they open the accordion doors to the big patio (last photo), the inside bar will almost seem outside and make the entire space feel quite different.

19. Default Re: Revolucion

Ooooh... Love that popcorn idea... Been eating mine with shredded cheddar and various spices since I was a kid... That's right up my alley!

I love the sound of all that!. sounds like a fun place to hang out with friends for sure.

cultivar makes their own tortillas, do either of barrios or this place as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    cultivar makes their own tortillas, do either of barrios or this place as well?
    Barrios menu says handmade tortillas.

23. Default Re: Revolucion

Tried it out yesterday and really enjoyed items like the queso fundito, the lingua taco, and the elote. I also had the beans (very good) and the pork carnitas taco (pretty standard; I have had better and I have had worse). I was concerned about some duplication with Barrios and Revolucion opening so close to one another - especially considering the already-dense Mexican food scene in the central city - but these two places couldn't be more different.

Revolucion is definitely more of a party atmosphere, revolves around the bar, noisy (for better AND worse), and skews MUCH younger. I think this is bridging the gap between Plaza and the Fassler/Bleu Garten segment of the Midtown crowd. It is a bit like an indoor version of a food truck, and by that I am not meaning interior/decor but instead referring to the casual nature and the crowd. It's going to be a fun place. I personally can see mostly lunches there for me, and maybe some late night drunken tacos.

Went yesterday and really liked this place. very casual and fun. love the late night kitchen hours. I think this will be a great spot and in or regular rotation. Price points are fair and the popcorn is great!. we had the Queso fundido and that was fantastic! tacos we had were El Pastor and Asada and they were both great and a good size. two of us having the queso and a couple of tacos and we were more than full.

Thread Information