Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
Not sure about the footprint thing either as they are now opening stores in relative close proximity to each other (Jax-Orlando-Tampa) and 2 not far apart in Miami/Ft Lauderdale. But if it was a central-place theory model Tulsa would certainly fit the pattern.
Yes, but every city you listed is large. We're talking combined metro populations of the cities listed of upwards to 12 million...

Tulsa will be fortunate to finally break 1 million in the next 3-5 years. So, I'm not sure the Florida cities are good examples when compared to Tulsa. Vastly different situations and cities as you know.
It only makes sense if they are expanding into a market in this part of the country to make sure they have a wide audience. At least, that's what I would think.

And again, this still puts the OKC market within 1.5 hours away, instead of going all in in OKC which has one down I-35 in DFW.

But, I'm going to stop here. Reading the comments, it's clear this is going to turn into an interesting argument between OKC vs Tulsa (and those are always fun )when really there's no need to speculate any further past a rumor. For all we truly know IKEA could be googling this and laughing saying "we don't take any of these variables into consideration."