Widgets Magazine
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 161718192021

Thread: I-35 / I-240 Exchange

Default Re: I-35 / I-240 Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    Based on estimating the needed land considering the flyovers already there, I would say that they dont have an E I-240 > N I-35 due to Dove Science Academy being in the way.
    Nah, that's just value engineering. Doing the bare minimum to make sure you don't have two clovers interacting with each other. Similar to I-235/I-44. Still a significant improvement though. This has been planned long before Dove was there or even Heritage college before it.

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    Plus the yielding for the east-to-north traffic was due to south-to-west traffic. With that merge conflict gone it should be okay. ODOT is not great at planning as you can see a stub of what would have been the east-to-north ramp on the east-to-south ramp. I
    What looks like it should be a stub for the east-to-north ramp from the current east-to-south ramp is actually part of the future main eastbound lanes for I-240.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    What looks like it should be a stub for the east-to-north ramp from the current east-to-south ramp is actually part of the future main eastbound lanes for I-240.
    Good eye. I didnt notice the highway was going to be realigned slightly.

Hmm i guess I owe ODOT an apology lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazio85 View Post

Are they doing all of the phases together over the next couple of years, or is this going to be another neverending project completed one phase at a time such as the I-44/I-235 interchange?

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Are they doing all of the phases together over the next couple of years, or is this going to be another neverending project completed one phase at a time such as the I-44/I-235 interchange?
    Since it looks like only phases 2 and 3 of the juncture are on the 8 year plan probably similar to I-44/I-235 interchange (though I am not sure if they still have the phases designated as 1-4, despite kind of was more of 6 with 1 broken in to sub-phases), part of the phasing is dependency on other phases being completed to keep the juncture open the whole time, but another issue is how much of the budget they can throw at one area at any given time. Granted the plan also shows resurfacing/rehabilitating the mainlines of i240 and i35 for miles in all directions of the interchange, along with some bridges along them, so are not exactly ignoring the area when not working on the juncture itself either.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Every other phase of this project was supposed to get underway by 2025 last I heard.

It took me a minute to orient myself... looking toward the west above. Thanks for the drone shot, Pete!

9. Default Re: I-35 / I-240 Exchange

I know it doesn't look like much there, but the prep stuff is SLOWLY moving along. That's the new frontage road on the left and they're working on the new exit for Eastern (they put lights in on both sides of 240 on Eastern...arent activated yet).

You can barely see the work on the left dirt area as they start working the next phase. I'd say, it's about to start getting messy here.

As someone who takes 35 - 240 basically every day, I am VERY excited for this. That Ramp H - BR D merge is one of the worst designs I’ve ever seen.

Thread Information