Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helm on Western

Default Re: Helm on Western

I don't know the reason but there has been zero movement on this since they submitted their plans quite a while ago.

Maybe once the local economy improves this will come back to life. This project would have been transformative and probably launched this district into another level.

What is this talk about the local economy?

It's about as good as it's going to get. It would be better with $100/barrel oil but that isn't happening any time soon and we are way more diversified than in the past.

Blog Entries

This location should be very good. From it is easy to get anywhere in north OKC quickly and easily, and is 10 min from anything downtown. It is close to a lot of shopping, food stores, etc. Near a good private high school, post office, etc. Right up the street from a nice area on Western with restaurants, etc. Now with Hideaway's new development I was hoping this would take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

It's about as good as it's going to get. It would be better with $100/barrel oil but that isn't happening any time soon and we are way more diversified than in the past.
    Are you saying the economy in Oklahoma and OKC is doing good? Did you see the latest population numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Are you saying the economy in Oklahoma and OKC is doing good? Did you see the latest population numbers?
    Yes, I'm saying it's very good.

Lots of businesses expanding, people out spending money, unemployment rate very low, home sales strong, etc.

Everyone I talk to says their business is good.

I don't worry much about year-to-year population fluctuation; the trend is strongly upwards.

Yes, I'm saying it's very good.

Lots of businesses expanding, people out spending money, unemployment rate very low, home sales strong, etc.

Everyone I talk to says their business is good.

I don't worry much about year-to-year population fluctuation; the trend is strongly upwards.
    That's good to hear. I thought the situation was worse. So not sure why this stalled. I don't like hearing this might not happen. This is a cool project.

Anyone can put together renderings so you never know how real something is until they actually break ground.

You've made these points many times before. They refuse to listen.

Nobody seems to want to listen to anything on these boards that isn't about the sky falling. The general feeling of the majority of posters on here is that our economy sucks, our schools suck, our quality of life sucks, our government sucks, our businesses suck, our people suck, our choices of places to go and things to do suck, our workforce sucks, and everyone but me is stupid. Couple that with the posts of "Why can't we have what that city has?" or "Why can't we be like this city?" and it's a wonder anyone ever wants to live in Oklahoma.

This board started out as a place to get news about developments in OKC and to cheer on the projects and changes being made. But it's become a board of all the things to hate about OK and why. I'm not saying we should blindly cheer on projects that aren't up to snuff because it's better than nothing, but the pessimism has gotten horrible. I left this board for several years but eventually came back because I wanted to know info about projects and construction but I may have to step away from here again.

<rant over>

Sorry for off topic.

10. Default Re: Helm on Western

You aren't wrong though.

^

It's the nature of discussion forums and the internet in general. People criticize and the positive stuff is generally assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    You've made these points many times before. They refuse to listen.

Nobody seems to want to listen to anything on these boards that isn't about the sky falling. The general feeling of the majority of posters on here is that our economy sucks, our schools suck, our quality of life sucks, our government sucks, our businesses suck, our people suck, our choices of places to go and things to do suck, our workforce sucks, and everyone but me is stupid. Couple that with the posts of "Why can't we have what that city has?" or "Why can't we be like this city?" and it's a wonder anyone ever wants to live in Oklahoma.

This board started out as a place to get news about developments in OKC and to cheer on the projects and changes being made. But it's become a board of all the things to hate about OK and why. I'm not saying we should blindly cheer on projects that aren't up to snuff because it's better than nothing, but the pessimism has gotten horrible. I left this board for several years but eventually came back because I wanted to know info about projects and construction but I may have to step away from here again.

<rant over>

Sorry for off topic.
    Are you complaining that the culture of the forum has changed over the 11 years you've been a member? Were you expecting it to stay the same?

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Are you complaining that the culture of the forum has changed over the 11 years you've been a member? Were you expecting it to stay the same?
    I just get tired of all the negativity.

Thread Information