Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Founders National Bank building

Default Re: Founders National Bank building

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    This very likely wasn't OnCue's doing. That's just a conspiracy theory someone brought up on here with no evidence.
    You are probably right but would you be surprised if they were?

2. Default Re: Founders National Bank building

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    You are probably right but would you be surprised if they were?
    I have no idea. I don't know anything about the owners.

I used to work in that bank many years ago so it was sad to see it torn down as it was. Seems it could have been repurposed into a landmark rounded convenience store. Maybe not enough room on the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I have no idea. I don't know anything about the owners.

I used to work in that bank many years ago so it was sad to see it torn down as it was. Seems it could have been repurposed into a landmark rounded convenience store. Maybe not enough room on the lot.
    Lot's plenty big enough for something like that. This was almost certainly a case of the owners not wanting to mess with redeveloping it, wanting to sell as soon as they possibly could and deciding it was cheaper to demo and start with a newly scraped lot some cookie-cutter strip mall or gas station could go on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Lot's plenty big enough for something like that. This was almost certainly a case of the owners not wanting to mess with redeveloping it, wanting to sell as soon as they possibly could and deciding it was cheaper to demo and start with a newly scraped lot some cookie-cutter strip mall or gas station could go on.
    and clearly they were correct

They should be required to place a 3D model of the Founders Building and pictures to show what was once here.

They should be required to place a 3D model of the Founders Building and pictures to show what was once here.
    That would be great, that should happen to every historic/unique building that gets torn down and something cookie-cutter gets built there....

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    and clearly they were correct
    Well, "correct" in that context, of course. If cheaper and quicker on the front end are the only parameters in consideration, then that's obviously almost always the answer. There's plenty examples of that all round us.

But, at least they're going to build something. There's still nothing where the Continental Theater was, right?

Maybe they can sell some copies of the Vanished Splendor by check out. The Founders Building could be on the cover of Volume IV.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    But, at least they're going to build something. There's still nothing where the Continental Theater was, right?
    Residence Inn was recently built on this spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Residence Inn was recently built on this spot.
    Oh yeah, that's right. I was mixed up on where it was in my head. It's been awhile since it was torn down and my head is older now. lol

That would be great, that should happen to every historic/unique building that gets torn down and something cookie-cutter gets built there....
    Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Maybe they can sell some copies of the Vanished Splendor by check out. The Founders Building could be on the cover of Volume IV.
    Well we sure got some good developments in this area, a Discount Tire and now OnCue coming. Imagine if Discount Tire re-purposed the Founders Building. Build the OnCue in parking lot of Target and either simply convert the remainder of the parking into structured or go all out and completely redevelop the target site into a mixed-use development.

Well we sure got some good developments in this area, a Discount Tire and now OnCue coming. Imagine if Discount Tire re-purposed the Founders Building. Build the OnCue in parking lot of Target and either simply convert the remainder of the parking into structured or go all out and completely redevelop the target site into a mixed-use development.
    But that is not the cheapest or quickest way.

13. Default Re: Founders National Bank building

Plus it doesnt really make any sense. Not only was the structure not going to work for that, but the access in the Target parking lot is a lot less desirable.

The previous owners worked with the same real estate development firm that helped Johnnies on their NW Expressway property, where they demolished a large existing building and then split the property in two.

This was the plan here but they obviously found a buyer for the enitre parcel plus OnCue bought some extra land from the hotel.

I doubt very seriously that OnCue was involved when the bank building was demolished. The property was on the open market for quite some time after.

https://www.thelostogle.com/2020/01/...-be-an-on-cue/

OnCue isn't really the evil-doer in this, though, they just took advantage of the situation. The bad actor is actually the owner that tore it down with no notice, had the info at one time and may be able to find it again, but it's some a**hole out of Houston, I believe.

16. Default Re: Founders National Bank building

OnCue isn't really the evil-doer in this, though, they just took advantage of the situation. The bad actor is actually the owner that tore it down with no notice, had the info at one time and may be able to find it again, but it's some a**hole out of Houston, I believe.
    But the low hanging fruit is so much easier to pick.

Thread Information