Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    On which flights to/from Cancun? Through ATL? I'd imagine the number of people connecting on Southwest through ATL was much higher than the number just flying to ATL. Southwest can route people through Dallas or Houston instead of ATL...
    Yes, thru ATL. Those planes were full from OKC to ATL and ATL to OKC on the way back. I think it was the Jet Blue or whoever they had bought routes to CUN.?

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Why is AA down so much? Did the cut capacity last year? United isn't down as much, but same question... United to Houston not as busy due to oil & gas business?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Why is AA down so much? Did the cut capacity last year? United isn't down as much, but same question... United to Houston not as busy due to oil & gas business?
    I was wondering the same about AA. That's a significant drop and I haven't seen them cut any flights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    I was wondering the same about AA. That's a significant drop and I haven't seen them cut any flights.
    Frequencies are pretty much the same, but they have downgauged a bit. I'm too lazy to look at the exact changes, but anedotally several of the formerly S80 flights to DFW are now CR7/CR9 which have half the seats, if that. Fares are still about the same from what I see - so AA is probably OK with the lower capacity is my guess.

5. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Yay growth!

7. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Flew to Europe via CLT for a trip over the last few weeks. I like the route, as it breaks up the longer flights (going through DFW), but man they need to get their act together in Charlotte. It was a cluster trying to get out both times and we're delayed hours for petty reasons. Flying to Rome the weather kept changing and the control tower kept sending the planes to different runways to take off and caused a massive traffic jam. Then coming back to OKC it was an hour wait for a guy with a dustbuster to come and clean our plane out. SMH

The airlines are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

People want clean airplanes, and when the process fails and the cleaning doesn't show up -- people complain about the dirty plane. If they hold the plane to clean it up, people complain about the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Flew to Europe via CLT for a trip over the last few weeks. I like the route, as it breaks up the longer flights (going through DFW), but man they need to get their act together in Charlotte. It was a cluster trying to get out both times and we're delayed hours for petty reasons. Flying to Rome the weather kept changing and the control tower kept sending the planes to different runways to take off and caused a massive traffic jam. Then coming back to OKC it was an hour wait for a guy with a dustbuster to come and clean our plane out. SMH
    Gonna disagree with the first part. Far prefer going via DFW especially if our upgrades clear!

So if the weather kept changing, how's that AA's fault? Bad weather ops are always tricky. Granted AA probably does it worse than most, but sounds like not totally their fault.

And for the last bit - I'm guessing probably a bit more than a "dustbuster" issue. Maybe a seat or two had become unusable - was it a full flight? Just speculating, but I'm sure that passenger or two would be more than happy to get home an hour late rather than get bumped off the flight. Total speculation on my part.

10. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

It was frustrating because they wouldn't tell us what the delay was, then a little van shows up and a guy gets out with a red dust buster, in there for 3 min, comes out and then we get to start boarding. It didn't bother me at all but it really didn't look like he put it to good use so that's why it was frustrating.

As for the weather it happens. Never said it was AA fault. We had a good look from the terminal at the runway and planes, through the on and off weather, kept taking off south. Then we get in our plane all they start sending planes back and forth to take off from different directions. Almost 2 hours taxing until we took off for a 9 hour flight. Was ready to get off when we landed.

11. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Looks like the AA OKC-DFW route will finally begin upgrading to 738s this fall:

Monday, Sep 19
    AA 2184
    07:00 am
    OKC Oklahoma City Will Rogers World|Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    08:03 am
    DFW Dallas Fort Worth International|Dallas/ Fort Worth, Texas
    Aircraft:

12. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

What are they now? MD-80?

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    What are they now? MD-80?
    Yep! Looks like they are starting to replace the MD's on our route. There aren't many Mad Dogs are left in the fleet. We are coming to the end of an era.

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Looks like the AA OKC-DFW route will finally begin upgrading to 738s this fall:

Monday, Sep 19
    AA 2184
    07:00 am
    OKC Oklahoma City Will Rogers World|Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    08:03 am
    DFW Dallas Fort Worth International|Dallas/ Fort Worth, Texas
    Aircraft:
    It looks like it doesn't last long. If you get into October on the flight schedules, we go back to MD80's.

I noticed that the big schedule/flight status board that was up high on the wall in front of TSA is no longer there. I was kinda bummed to see it gone. I always liked seeing the long list of flights.

Anyone know if there will be a new one installed or is it gone for good?

June is out.

http://www.flyokc.com/statistics/Jun...nplanement.pdf

Up again positive for the year.

17. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Looks like all due to Allegiant.

Some Allegiant but also the added day in February helped pumped up the stats some...

Speaking of Allegiant, does anyone have any personal experience flying with Allegiant, especially from OKC/TUL? I've read the horror stories and terrible reviews online, but I know that most people who have a good or okay experience won't take the time to write a review . I'm very tempted to try them to go to New Orleans, I'm always checking their website and constantly seeing round trip fares from TUL for only $66. I know I'll have to pay for luggage, choosing my seat, etc, but I can still get a round trip flight for around $100-$125, which is super cheap considering the other airlines are usually around $350-$400 round trip to New Orleans.

I would not personally ever step on an Allegiant flight, and I would make every effort to prevent a family member or friend from boarding one also.

Their maintenance and operation practices are a 150-person fatal accident waiting to happen.

21. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    Speaking of Allegiant, does anyone have any personal experience flying with Allegiant, especially from OKC/TUL? I've read the horror stories and terrible reviews online, but I know that most people who have a good or okay experience won't take the time to write a review . I'm very tempted to try them to go to New Orleans, I'm always checking their website and constantly seeing round trip fares from TUL for only $66. I know I'll have to pay for luggage, choosing my seat, etc, but I can still get a round trip flight for around $100-$125, which is super cheap considering the other airlines are usually around $350-$400 round trip to New Orleans.
    I have not personally flown with them, but my friends flew with them in the last 6 months. Their sentiment matched every horror story you read online. They were delayed countless hours for "maintenance", charged fees for nearly everything (which is more ignorance than anything, but you need to pay attention closely to all the additional fees charged) and the A/C was out once they eventually took off. Needless to say, regardless the cost, they said they would never fly them again which is enough for me.

22. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

^That was my experience the one time I flew Spirit which I assume is similar.

I expected the worst flying experience of my life on Allegiant studied all the fees so I wasn't surprised. Then I had the worst experience of my life flying, and walked away somewhat happy. Expectations are important. It's a cheap airline meant to get you from A to B. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    Other than unknowingly purchasing the window seat next to the fattest human being I've ever seen on a plane, my experience flying with Allegiant was fine. The guy was basically sitting half in my seat (which are already really small) with me being smashed into the window...I switched with him for the isle seat which was better but left him still a quarter in my seat. Credit to the flight attendant who reseated him in a seat with an empty one next to it. I really gained an appreciation for the airlines that require obese people to purchase two seats and for southwest's open seating policy. So that kind of sucked, but I didn't have any other issues with the airline.

I've flown spirit 3 times now in the last 10 months out of Dallas. I've not had a problem on any of the flights. they've been on time and crazy cheap. I only do the non stop flights and I jump through the hoops. it's my primary choice for flights now. on time and cheap is great for families. I wish they participated with tsa precheck but the rumor is they will in November. my flight costs per person were

Atlanta $106
    Baltimore $68
    ft Lauderdale $175

Thread Information