1. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Alaska is having a pretty decent sale on the OKC-SEA nonstop:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...utm_source=EVO

Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Pretty good month overall. Good to see the Seattle route still growing YOY

Looking out to February 2017 it looks like DL will have a funky schedule for OKC-MSP. It runs once a day just about every day but there are 2 days that the route won't operate at all. One is a Saturday and one is on a Sunday.

There is only 1 Saturday in February where there is no flight, Feb 18. Otherwise, February looks great. We get a mainline a319 during the week and E175's on the weekends. The down day could be due to transitioning in aircraft schedules.

Im not seeing anything pop up on Feb 26 for OKC-MSP

Like I said, could be a down day. However, note that projected schedules any further out than three months are just "dummy" schedules and are totally subject to change.

At the Crossgrain Brewhouse right now in the airport. It's a welcome addition to the airport as the previous offerings were terrible and slightly better than terrible.
    The vibe is much more relaxed with a live musician playing at the moment. However the service is a bit below average, although that is likely to be a server specific issue and not any fundamental issue with the operation.

Food is alright but a little on the high side, prices are comparable to San Francisco.
    I believe my burger patty was a frozen patty, it tasted fine but could tell it wasn't totally fresh either. It also had a mystery sauce on it in addition to the BBQ sauce. I removed it the best i could with my napkin but the server never come by in time for me to inquire what it was. Looked like some kind of jalapeño mayonnaise concoction which doesn't really fit with a BBQ bacon burger.

Not upset because it's so much better than every other option that exists or has existed at the airport, but there is definite room for improvement on the service and food side but I am content - I have an F5 in hand and that is all that counts.

What did this replace or did it go into a new space?

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    What did this replace or did it go into a new space?
    I think it was called Lounge 1907.

11. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

^ Close, Bar 1907. Never saw many people there, and once I was rather curtly told not to sit there even when it was completely empty unless I bought a drink or something. Not that I was going to sit there for long anyway, but you know...

I just flew roundtrip Tuesday and Wednesday on United's non-stop OKC-Denver flight. Both legs were less than half full on their 737. I love this cheap, fast flight to Colorado and I hope United doesn't downgrade this to one of their smaller regional jets.

Ive taken the 737 to Denver on UAL a few times and it's been a mixed bag. Some days it's about 70% full and sometimes it's 50% full...and then I've seen it over 90% full.

You flying on a Tues and Weds probably had something to do with the fact that flight was less than half full.

UAL sends a bunch of mixed types here but as long as the 737 is profitable...well....

Coincidentally I flew on DEN-OKC-DEN today and DEN-OKC was 100% full and OKC-DEN was around 70%

It has been relatively empty lately. As OKC-DEN is a large energy market, much of that has to do with actual reduced demand.

As stated, it is a mixed bag. Some days it is overbooked and other days it is about 60% LF. Right now, Denver is slightly over capacity as United has been aggressively adding mainline flying back to Denver -- high growth which has yet to be absorbed by the market.

I don't think they'll reduce Denver mainline flying at current energy prices as the Denver hub itself is growing and is very profitable after it was rebanked a few years back.

You also need to consider that this is one of the weakest demand periods of the year. Leisure flying is essentially non-existent as it is close enough to the holidays that people rather spend their travel dollars a few weeks later to go on Thanksgiving. The people who aren't traveling to see family over the holidays are working or in school and are not taking leisure vacations. Those were taken over the summer or will happen In the first quarter of next year to Florida / Southern Hemisphere / tropical locations.
    Those airplanes still have to be flown as lease payments need to be paid. Getting half of the seats filled is better than parking the fleet to reduce for weak demand. In a few weeks the traffic will definitely ramp back up.

17. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

all accurate and great points as usual catch
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Yikes.

I'm wondering where the most seats lost on United came from. Was it OKC-IAH or OKC-DEN?

Either or..those numbers are bad. On the flip side... good news for Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    Yikes.

I'm wondering where the most seats lost on United came from. Was it OKC-IAH or OKC-DEN?

Either or..those numbers are bad. On the flip side... good news for Alaska
    Weak business demand to Texas/oil markets. American and United share the brunt of that.

Looking at numbers month to month isn't always a good thing it's pretty violatile. We're essentially flat YOY from '15 and Alaska and Allegiant have shown great growth.

22. Core2shore Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

FYI - there seems to be a price war between AA and Delta for flights to Europe, with some incredibly cheap R/T fares from now through late spring out of OKC ($420 to Rome for example). Check here for availability:

https://www.google.com/flights/explo...4;d=2016-11-28

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    FYI - there seems to be a price war between AA and Delta for flights to Europe, with some incredibly cheap R/T fares from now through late spring out of OKC ($420 to Rome for example). Check here for availability:

https://www.google.com/flights/explo...4;d=2016-11-28
    Isn't that less than our average round trip ticket domestically a year or two ago.

24. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Isn't that less than our average round trip ticket domestically a year or two ago.
    Haha yup -- I paid $480 yesterday for a R/T to Houston for a conference next week.

That's awesome and is very tempting to book something.

Thread Information